Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-20-2002, 06:15 PM   #21
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

OOC: Actually I had left the office. Never mind. Let's just say I returned after I put the photo equipment away.

"And where is the ring?" Mr. Emrys demanded angrily as he pointed to the place the ring lay just seconds before. Mara looked at the table which indeed was empty now. And dr. Jenstad and Shuina looked just as surprised as Mara was. This was not good. "I - I believe she may have slipped away when we were ... talking." Mara hazarded. "She must have taken the ring to um ... put it away safely." In her head her sense of logic sounded nearly every alarm possible but Mara ignored it. People just didn't disappeare like that. It was physically impossible. And neither did exquisite artifacts. Dr. Martinez probably just had taken the ring to put it in the university safe to end this silly dispute. Any other option was just too ridiculous to think about. Nevertheless, Mara felt sweat trickle down her back. She didn't like this.
Old 10-21-2002, 11:23 AM   #22
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Mr Emrys suddenly flung his arms to his sides and began spinning around. The people in the room ran out of reach but suddenly his arm was jerked back by something. A dull thud was heard and mr. Emrys reached down and searched for a moment and then pulled. In his hand he held the ring and on the floor lay Dr. Martinez, knocked over by Mr. Emrys' arms.
Finrod Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 09:02 PM   #23
Allorien
Hobbit

The ring took the doctor to it's world
hiss, hiss, it said ha ha!!! ah ha ha ha ha. I'm coming back into power, Sauron!!! ha ha ha ha. My Nazgul, come to me.... my evil. Take me to them, doctor... take me there!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-23-2002, 07:20 PM   #24
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

OOC: O.o Ok... Allorien, that's the best evil speech I have ever seen

Shuina acted without thinking. Seeing one of her professors unconscious, and Mr. Emrys with mad glint in his eye, she attacked and hoped that at least one of her classmates would help....

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 12:53 PM   #25
Earniel

Things were happening a little too fast for Mara. One moment Dr. Martinez was there, the next moment she was no longer. Now she was back, lying on the floor. Dr. Jenstad rushed to her side. And then Shuina suddenly attacked Mr. Emrys. Her unsuspected attack caught him unprepared and the both of them fell to the ground, struggling. The ring fell from Mr. Emrys' grasp and hit the floor with a heavy clang right before Mara's feet. Mara's archeology training kicked in and she picked the ring up with her hankerchief before she even realised it. Quickly she chucked it in her pocket, out of harm's way.

Then she grabbed the fire extinguisher that hung on the wall and sprayed the two combatants with the white foam. "Enough!" she cried. "Are you completely insane?! Stop that!" The four foamcovered people on the ground (Dr. Martinez was coming around) looked at her in surprise but at least Shuina and Mr. Emrys had stopped fighting. Mara realised she had just sprayed two professors and the benefactor of the museum and Dr. Martinez' office with extinguisherfoam. She felt her face become red. "Oh. Er...oops. Um. Sorry."
Old 10-25-2002, 11:41 AM   #26
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Mr. Emrys was furious and gave a forced smile. "Shuina, could I see you privately in the hall for a moment? NOW!?"
They walked outside the office and Mr. Emrys glared at her, face bright crimson.
"Girl! I just saved the ring from being stolen! SHE PUT IT ON! Doesn't that tell you something? Now you may have caused permanent damage to your own position and mine. You realize now they may never let the ring leave the University and that Dr. Martinez will probably herself keep it. Because of you, we may be doomed. Now, you can redeem yourself. Go in there and demand that the ring be put in the university safe under guard. I will speak with the board of directors on further action about protecting it. For now, just be sure no one puts it on. I must go home, I will return this evening to see that the ring is in the safe!"

Mr. Emrys stormed off, srtaightening his tie and brushing off his ruined jacket.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 10-17-2005 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-28-2002, 03:09 PM   #27
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Old 11-08-2002, 06:32 PM   #28
Earniel

Mara remained inside the office as Shuina and mr. Emrys went outside, even so she could hear every word of it. Dr. Martinez and dr. Jenstad were searching through the white foam on the floor for the ring. Mara realised they hadn't seen her put it in her pocket. She pondered on whether she should say so or not.

At that moment Shuina entered again, her face a bit flushed from the shouting at she'd just been giving. Mara gave her an sympathetic smile. At least she wasn't the only one feeling slightly miserable. The ring now seemed to burn in Mara's pocket. Suddenly she came to a decision. "Come." she said softly to Shuina and pulled her fellow student with her outside.

After a quick look around her she lowered her voice even further and whispered barely audible: "We have to destroy it."
Old 11-09-2002, 04:55 PM   #29
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
Kathy was scouring the floor for the Ring when she heard a loud whisper. Commmme toooo meeeeee.... You will lead me to himmmmm.
"Did you hear anything?" she asked Dr. Jenstad.
"Nope."
Kathariiiiinnnnaaaaa
"John? Are you sure you didn't hear anything?"
"Nope. You're not going senile on me, are you?"
Commmme toooo meeeeee...
"John. I swear I hear something.."
I Willll Fiiiiinnnnnd Yoooouuuu.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2002, 12:57 PM   #30
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Mr. Emrys stomped out to his car, "I must destroy the ring but I can't do it alone. Mara and Shuina must help me. But there's something else, nagging at me and I can't remember what."
Old 11-12-2002, 03:51 PM   #31
zavron
Chieftain of The Order of The Blue Flame

ENTER ME!!!

ooc: can i be the evil lord of the nazgul thats awoken at the rings call and has come to the university in the disguise of an archaeologist who knows alot on myth's and legends through the times.

''ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssskaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! !''

Mr. Emrys turned around ''what was that?'' he turned back around and bumped into a sinister looking man in a blacky browny tweed jacket and black pants with a bow-tie.

''Hello...my name.....'' he stopped and smiled ''...is Mr. McCuden I'm an archaeologist, that works for the british institute of mythical artifacts from london.'' he offered a hand to Mr. Emrys, he took it, the hand was cold and slimy he had an oily nature around him and something about that smile brought a shiver down Mr. Emrys's spine.
''I'm looking for the lab at this university.....iwas wondering...if you could show me there.'' he resumed with an insincire look.

''errrrrr...yes sure, its this..way'' Mr. Emrys frowned why was this strange person here, he thought, and what did he wan't,n whatever it was it made Mr. Emrys uneasy,and he didn't like it one bit.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gil- galad was an elven king.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the mountains and the sea.

His sword was long, his lance was keen,
his shinig helm afar was seen;
the countless stars of heaven's field
were mirrored in his silver shield.

But long ago he rode away,
and where he dwelleth none can say;
for into darkness fell his star
in mordor where the shadows are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by zavron : 11-15-2002 at 03:43 AM.
zavron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 03:28 PM   #32
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Suddenly a thought entered Mr. Emrys head. For some reason, he felt that he must not help McCuden.
"I'm sorry Mr. McCuden but I must leave." He lowered his voice, "If you try anything stupid, I will be there in moments. i promise you that."
Mr Emrys turned and as he went to walk away, nonchalantly tripped Mr. McCuden. And then went into the faculty building to speak with one of his own close friends.

Mr. Emrys was very confused, he did not understand why he had been that way to McCuden but shrugged and went on. He had to protect the ring until he could destroy it. But...
There in the hall were Mara and Shuina.
"Girls" he called. They turned.
"Please listen. I know that IT...must be destroyed. But I don't know where or how. The place where it was found is opbviously where it was forged and supposedly destroyed so where now?"
The girls looked shocked, they had just been talking about destroying the ring.
"One more thing" Mr. Emrys whispered. "A strange man just entered the college. He...seems suspicious. He is going by the name McCuden. Watch out I fear him but I don't know why."
Then he leaft as suddenly as he had appeared.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 11-15-2002 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-15-2002, 03:55 PM   #33
zavron

''hello again Mr. Emrys!'' as mr.emrys turned to go Mr.McCudden was there staring right into his eyes.

puny human!! I will project my thoughts to find where the ring is! You Human Take me to the ring!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 11-15-2002, 04:30 PM   #34
Earniel

"Now that was a great help." muttered Shuina when mr. Emrys dissapeared again all of a sudden. Mara didn't answer, she shivered although it wasn't cold in the hall. She wished she could just put the ring in the university's safe but something told her it was too late for that now.

"This mister McCuden...." Shuina began. "I don't really want to meet him." interrupted Mara. " Me neither." agreed Shuina. "Should we talk to dr. Martinez?" Mara hesitated "I don't know... It has influence over her. We saw that. She put it on just a while ago in her office. I don't think letting it near her is such a good idea. In fact I don't know what would be a good idea. It's not every day you end up with an evil trinket! What shall we do?"
Old 11-16-2002, 06:49 AM   #35
zavron

''Hello!! you two!! could you please direct me to dr.....Dr. Jensted,''

Mr. McCudden's eyes travelled to one of the girls pockets.

''ASH NAZG DUBARTULUK, ASH NAZG GIMBATUL, ASH NAZG THRAKATULUK AGH BURZUM--ISHI KRIMPATUL...ash nazg, ash nazg......''
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by zavron : 11-16-2002 at 07:12 AM.
Old 11-16-2002, 06:15 PM   #36
Nariel
Elven Warrior

Location: In the custody of the Knights who say "Ni!" They want a shrubbery.
Kathy shook the sound out of her head. "Maybe one of the girls took it."
"What? Oh, the Ring. Yeah. Let's go find them"
They both suddenly shivered. One of the girls screamed. "Let's go!" Kathy shouted and ran off in the direction of the scream.
Both the girls were on the floor and above them stood a ?man? holding the Ring. Kathy swore under her breath. " That's belongs to me," she said.
"No, milady. It belongs to my MMMAAASSSSSTERRRR."
"And who might that be?"
The man opened his mouth, but a gunshot cut him off. He fell to the ground and disintegrated in front of her. Behind him stood Dr. Jenstad witha gun in his hand. Kathy grabbed the Ring and ran off. "Noo!" mara shouted, chasing after her.
"I've got to destroy... It's mine! I must give it too... No! Mine! Mine! Destroy!!!!!!!!" Kathy's mind overloaded with differeing thought. Her rational mind told her to destroy it. Her heart told her to keep it. But some other force told her she must journey to return it to its owner. What should she do? When the girls caught up with her, she was standing in the hall, staring at the RIng in her open hand.

Marketing Supervisor and Everything Girl for Entmoot's "Lord of the Rings"

Avatar Courtesy of "Ye Olde Avatare Shoppe"

Sounds like a job for... UBERGEEK!" (special thanks to Finrod Felagund!)

I try to make everyone's day a bit more surreal.

Funny Error Messages...
"Cannot find REALITY.SYS...Universe Halted."

"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."

"Bad Command or File Name. Good try, though."

"WARNING: Keyboard Not Attached. Press F10 to Continue."

"I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC;
It plainly marks four my revue
Mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it,
I'm sure your pleased too no,
Its letter perfect in it's weigh,
My checker tolled me sew."
-Janet Minor

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
Nariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 05:04 AM   #37
Earniel

The gunshot was still ringing in Mara's ears as she and Shuina caught up with dr. Martinez. Dr. Martinez was standing motionless in the middle of the hall, her eyes fixed on the Ring in her hand. Mara extended her hand to take the ring from her but Shuina stopped her.

Dr. Martinez didn't even reacted to their presence, nor to Mara's hand, still hovering near the Ring. With difficulty Mara withdrew her hand. She hadn't touched the Ring with her bare hands yet and she knew deep down that she better didn't. Yet somehow Mara longed to touch it, to stroke it's perfect smooth surface, to hold it, to keep it safe. She shuddered as she realised she was feeling the influence of the Ring. "Dr. Martinez?" she asked. "Are you alright?" In the meantime dr. Jenstad caught up with them as well. "Kathy?"
Old 11-17-2002, 05:27 AM   #38
zavron

''no mortal weapon could defeat me!!!!!I must call upon my bretheren!!!

''ASH NAZG DUBARTULUK, ASH NAZG GIMBATUL, ASH NAZG THRAKATULUK AGH BURZUM-ISHI KRIMPATUL. ASH NAZG DUBARTULUK, ASH NAZG GIMBATUL, ASH NAZG THRAKATULUK AGH BURZUM-ISHI KRIMPATUL.ASH NAZG DUBARTULUK, ASH NAZG GIMBATUL, ASH NAZG THRAKATULUK AGH BURZUM-ISHI KRIMPATUL. !!!!!''

'' KHHAAAAAAA!!!!!KHAAA!!KHAA!!SSSSSSSSSSS!!!!''

''the nazgul shall ride again!!!!!!!!''
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 11-18-2002, 12:44 PM   #39
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Mr. Emrys had run when Mcudden had appeared, but the sound of a gunshot brought him right back in.
He came to the hall where the two students and two professors stood. When Shuina and Mara explained what had happened, Mr. Emrys was very upset.
"HE DISINTEGRATED?!?!?! This is no human, we've got a problem girls. I ... I ... I must take..." He reached out and grabbed the ring before anyone could say anything. The girls screamed as there was a flash of light and Mr. Emrys was on the floor, the ring in his hand. He was writhing in pain and thrust the ring into his pocket.
"Girls, please follow me to my car, you shall join me for dinner. Dr. Jenstad, I suggest that Dr. Martinez be taken home for a long nap and...as for Mr. Mcudden, he should be mentioned to no one. Or the ring. Girls, here's my keys, it's the red porsche convertible. I'll be right there, I just want to get the skeleton. Thank you Doctor."
Then, fist still clenched in pain, he went to retrieve the skeleton.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 10-17-2005 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-18-2002, 04:18 PM   #40
zavron

Mr. Emrys walked in the room to find the skeleton broken and in pieces on the floor!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~