Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-06-2004, 07:39 PM   #1
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Face Cramps

Lately I've been getting around two or three of these a day, and I'm not even really sure what they are.

They don't seem to be 'cramps' in that they don't hurt, just that one side of my face (happens to both sides, but never both at once) like... I dunno. Tightens or something, it kind of pulls the side of my mouth at a funny angle. It's happened some times when I turn to look over my shoulder or down at my shoulder, and then other times it just sort of happens for no apparent reason. It never lasts for more than a few seconds though.

Anyone else got that? I mean what the heck is it? It's a little odd.

It might be unrelated, but shortly before this started my lower left eyelid started twitching and it does it about five or ten times a day. Flipping annoying is what THAT is .

Please don't tell me this is just ANOTHER one of those 'Oh it happens to us Adults ALL the time, sweety' kind of things. I sure hope it goes away .
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 07:41 PM   #2
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I've never heard of that, odd. I'm glad it doesn't hurt.

Have you been getting enough sleep recently? When I'm tired, my eye twitches randomly.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 07:44 PM   #3
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Eh, a little more sleep than usual but not a lot. For some reason I've been having trouble falling asleep unless it's at least 1 or 1:30 a.m. in the morning, even if I lay down at 11 p.m.

So that might account for the eye twitch, eh?
Old 03-06-2004, 07:47 PM   #4
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

That's what I would say, lack of sleep makes your body not work right. I can't think of any other reason, but I'm not a doctor.
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 03-06-2004, 07:53 PM   #5
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Lack of some minerals and vitamins can also cause some small, painless cramps.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Nerdanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 09:33 PM   #6
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I get those eye area twitches sometimes. You might visit a (good, gentle) chiropractor. Perhaps a neck adjustment would help? I wouldn't worry too much, I bet it will pass. Always get your vitamins!
Old 03-06-2004, 09:38 PM   #7
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Hummm... what kinds of vitamins?
Old 03-06-2004, 09:48 PM   #8
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Just take a decent multiple that has the initials USP somewhere on the label. That means it will dissolve readily and actually do you some good. (that is for USA folk, I don't know how other countries regulate product labeling)
Old 03-06-2004, 10:16 PM   #9
azalea
Long lost mooter

It's stress, Tessar. It's either an involuntary tic, or a muscle twitch, both of which are most likely caused by stress, esp. for people who don't express anger/ frustration in other ways, like screaming at someone, for ex. It will go away eventually. Just try to do something that helps you to relax.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 10:48 PM   #10
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Yeah! That sounds "on" Azalea! Do you grind your teeth or anything Tessar?....release the stress! relax! Ask your mom to slowly massage your head and neck. I bet she'd enjoy that!
Old 03-06-2004, 10:56 PM   #11
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Hummm, it COULD be stress. I dun really grind my teeth though, or at least not that I've noticed (I went through four years of brace, I ain't messing my blasted teeth up NOW! ).

Right take a tablet, and relax... take a tablet and relax... USP... For a second there I was thinking 'Why the heck should my face cramps have to do with a lack of postal service?!' .

I've always hated massages though. I used to be REALLY ticklish (even bumping me in the ribs would set me off, it was sad) and so massages were pure torture. Now I still get the hebejebes thinking about it .

Thanks for the advice . I think we at least have some vitamin C tablets around my house somewhere... I'll remember to take one before bed.

Last edited by Tessar : 03-06-2004 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:09 AM   #12
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

You could massage your own head and neck maybe, I find it's hard to tickle yourself. Maybe you're an exception though.

Good suggestions guys, you'll feel better in no time Tessar.
Quote:
Old 03-07-2004, 12:17 PM   #13
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
It's stress, Tessar. It's either an involuntary tic, or a muscle twitch, both of which are most likely caused by stress, esp. for people who don't express anger/ frustration in other ways, like screaming at someone, for ex. It will go away eventually. Just try to do something that helps you to relax.
Really!? My eyelid twitches all the time. It's done that for years, and I find it extremely fun! I guess I fit that profile, but I very rarely feel stressed out. I just think I'm super-animated. Although I get occasional twitches in the middle of the night that wake me up and get me to p*ssed to go back to sleep, even when I wasn't dreaming.

So that's stress?

EDIT: Wait... Tessar, are you an asthmatic? If you take Albuterol, maybe it's a rally weird side effect.

Last edited by Bombadillo : 03-07-2004 at 12:18 PM.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 12:14 AM   #14
azalea
Long lost mooter

Well, occasional muscle twitches anywhere on your body are normal and not necessarily caused by stress, but repeated, frequent twitches on the face are most likely a sign that you are under stress. An underlying medical condition is I guess possible, or maybe a side effect of medication, like you said, but I know for a fact that stress causes that, so that's what I think it is, esp. considering he just went through that whole scholarship process, was having some tension at home, etc.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote