Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 06:04 AM   #21
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden

Old 10-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #22
katya
Elven Maiden

I had a sort of a cool dream last night. I was a young girl in a village in a jungle (think more like the British in India than a native people). There was a special animal in the jungle, the only one ever seen of its kind, called the Qumba (koom-ba). It was known to be very deadly strong and evil, but I knew that it was pretty much like any normal predator- it only fought if it was threatened or for food- and wouldn't attack humans without reason. And in fact, it was also very intelligent, almost like a human. It looked basically like an oversized red panda with the face of a jaguarundi.

I was along with my dream father hunting the thing, only I was trying to stop him from hunting it. I can't remember all the details, but I remember meeting the Qumba and being alone with it, talking with it, and helping nurse its wound (from a hunter). I had to grind up a special stone to use for medicine.

It's not really an original story, but I like it anyway. Rescuing animals is sort of a running theme with my dreams, but usually they're kittens.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:21 AM   #23
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwen View Post
*hands out homemade rice pudding and tea to celebrate*
*drools* I'll have some please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earn
I'm still trying to work out how that new mathematics systems I had a class of in my dream works. It involved some systems of integrals with bisshops, doctors and paupers (naturally my dream-self failed to grasp it) and all I can think of is that my mind is trying to tell me I need to finish watching the last Doctor Who season on tape.
Yes! You DO need to finish watching that! >_< The Christmas special is coming up soon!

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 10-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #24
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Nice, Katya.

I've had a lot of dreams turn into story ideas

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 10-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #25
katya
Elven Maiden

I've turned a couple dreams into stories, but either they end up not being as good as they sounded in my head or I change them so much not much is left from the original idea. The qumba could make a decent story though, I think, though it's one that's been done before.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #26
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

I have quite a few tha have gone from my head to paper, but I also have a tendency to add a lot to it lol

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 10-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #27
katya
Elven Maiden

My stories from the past two NaNoWriMo and two additional stories have all come from an inspiration from one dream... It just kept growing and spreading out I guess. You wouldn't recognize the characters from the dream as the ones in the stories anymore though. Characters have a way of forming themselves, heedless of my original intentions for them, it seems.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #28
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Wow, it is kinda quiet this weekend ... *crickets chirping*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-04-2010, 12:25 AM   #29
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

The cabaret festival ended with a Sondheim concert, with four fabulous singers. How do I keep forgetting just very, very perfect Sondheim's music is?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 10-04-2010, 01:42 AM   #30
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

”Tonight on W-M.O.O.T., this alternate version of this very special tango…”

Rian sits by the piano playing Für Elise. The camera zooms slowly out to reveal Hector doing his little strut in time with the music. Then Gwai shows up and clearing his throat to get Hector’s attention.
Gwai. “How do you do?” he says as Hector turns around and bumps rather painfully into him.
Hector. “Do pardon my clumsiness. Shall we dance?”
Gwai laughs it off, looks around and says. “This is a nice place.”
Hector. “Nice for dancing, so to speak. If you’ll excuse me a moment.” he turns to Rian, making a silencing gesture and a hssh.
Gwai. “You did a very nice pirouette there.”
Hector. “Thank you very much. I’m a dance master, you see.”
Gwai. “Well, I would really like utilize your expertise”
Hector makes polite noises, moving his hands daintily.
Gwai. “I’ve been here before. But then I was a janitor, you see. And then I once saw a dance that I enjoyed emensely that I’d like to refresh my skills at.”
Hector. “Now, what kind of dance was that? There is so many.”
Gwai. “Well, you know that very popular one (making gestures to describe how it was done) - you held your hands like this - “ Hector becomes very excited. “ - it was so splendid. What it’s called?”
Hector gestures to Rian. “I do know what it is. The Forward-And-Back Tango.”
Gwai. “That is it! Exactly! A terrific dance.”
Hector. “So that is the one you want to refresh?”
Gwai follows Hector out on the dance floor.”I’ve seen it a lot so I have the basics down pat. But it’s mostly the ankles and a bit tweaking in the finer points.”
Hector. “Yes, I do understand.” He turns to Rian, who is flexing her fingers and doing various excersises.”How do you do, Miss Rian.”
Rian. “How do you do, how do you do.”
Hector. “We have a pupil here. Mr Brush, who was the janitor here some time ago.”
Gwai shakes Rian’s hand, long and vigorously.
Hector. “He wants to brush up - “trying to cut the greeting procedure to a minimum by slashing with his hand “ - work on the finer points of technique - “desperately breaking up the greeters - “in the Forward-And-Backward Tango which he has seen us do before.”
Gwai. “Well, yes.” he reaches past Hector to pick a pink rose from a vase that stands on the piano.
Hector. “We may be of assistance it this.”
Gwai hands the rose to Rian and she is delighted.
Hector, slightly flustered by the exchange. “Just wait here a moment and meanwhile we can get out on the dancefloor.”
They go out on the dancefloor.
Hector. “Let’s begin with the basic principles which involves you taking a firm grip around my waist.”
Which Gwai does with some exuberance, to the slight shock of Hector's and slightly to hard for his comfort.
Hector. “Ouch, ouch, not so roughly. Slightly more carefully.”
Gwai. “Of course, more carefully. I’m used to dancing with more - with sturdier ladies…”
Hector. “Yes, well, I understand, I’m slightly delicate…Let’s focus on the dance a bit now, shall we?”
Gwai. “Yeah!”
Hector. “And not so much chatter.”
The dance begins and what follows is more like a wrestling match when anything resembling a dance.
Finally Hector becomes so upset he stops dance and attempt to order Gwai off to the nearby karate dojo.
Then Rian steps forward. “Gentlemen, if you would listen to me and wait for a while…” Nihkil is completely lost in his anger.”…couldn’t I help this student out all by myself.”
Rian turns and smiles at Gwai.”Now let’s see what we can do.”
Gwai. “Please…”
Rian. “If you follow my steps and do exactly as I do we will be able to do this.” Gwai is not at all displeased with the change of events.”You must stand real close to me like this.” she pats her bosom, very happy to help Gwai, who’s very happy too and snuggles up real close to Rian, who giggles a bit..”May we have some music.”
Hector, in self-rightous anger, kicks the piano and it begins to play.
Rian. “Now, let’s see. Forward is the way the nose points.” reaching out straight ahead.”
Gwai takes the opportunity to steal a kiss from Rian who says.”Oj, oj, oj!”
She gently aims Gwai’s face forward.
Gwai. “So that is that way.”
Rian. “Now, let’s see. Are you read to begin”
Gwai twist and turns like a snake, presses up hard against Rian who yet again exlaimes. “Oj, oj, oj!”
Gwai. “I’m so keen on dancing.”
Rian. “oh, well.”
Gwai makes ready for the first steps.
Rian. “First we go forward - 1,2,3,4 - “
Gwai. “Aw!”
Rian . “ - and then go backwards - 5,”
Gwai. “You are wonderful, you lead like a man.”¨
Rian. “ - 6,7,8 - and we go around for a short short while - and then I bend you backwards and then we come to a stop.”
Gwai. “Wonderful!”
Rian, leading Gwai backward. “And then it goes forward…”
Gwai. “But for me it goes backward…”
Rian. “…and then goes backward…”
Gwai. “…and for me it goes forward…”
Rian . “and then we go around and around and around and it goes backwards and then we come to a stop.” she bends Gwais over again rather forcefully.
Rian. “And then it goes forward…”
Gwai. “It’s wonderful…”
And they disappear out of view…
Hector shakes his head in disgust.”I don’t understand people who stick to the old crappy dance. It is pasé. Nobody dances it anymore. It’s gone and it sucks. Now it’s the Left-And-Right Tango instead.”First we go to the left - 1,2,3, 4 - and then go to the right - 5,6,7,8 - and then we go to the left - 1,2,3,4 - then we go to the right - and then we come to a stop. And then we go to the left, of course, and then to the right and then to the left and then to the right and then we come to a stop.”
Meanwhile in the background, Rian and Gwai is still locked in their tight embrace.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhInUHuy4aw

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 10-04-2010 at 01:44 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:22 PM   #31
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

My Neti pot always makes me feel better after I use it.

RIGHT AFTER IT TRIES TO DROWN ME. >.< Stupid Neti pot.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #32
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
Meanwhile in the background, Rian and Gwai is still locked in their tight embrace.

I mean, I like Gwai, but ...

Hey Tessar, are those Neti pots the nasal rinse things? They work wonderfully, but my goodness! it's hard to breathe in water!!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-04-2010, 02:15 PM   #33
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an View Post

I mean, I like Gwai, but ...

Hey Tessar, are those Neti pots the nasal rinse things? They work wonderfully, but my goodness! it's hard to breathe in water!!!
LOL! you mean you wouldnt appreciate the ardent attention of said Mooter?
Old 10-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #34
Rían

Well, I am married ...

Old 10-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #35
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:

Yeah. I always end up half choking the first time I use it after not using it for a few days. Plus it makes me start salivating (I don't know why.... it's not delicious....) AND it makes my eyes water.... so I've got water pouring through my nose, my eyes are watering, and I'm salivating. It's not fun.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #36
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Well, I am married ...
Old 10-04-2010, 04:51 PM   #37
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
Yeah. I always end up half choking the first time I use it after not using it for a few days. Plus it makes me start salivating (I don't know why.... it's not delicious....) AND it makes my eyes water.... so I've got water pouring through my nose, my eyes are watering, and I'm salivating. It's not fun.
Sounds like you should avoid the experience altogether...

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 10-04-2010, 05:33 PM   #38
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
I can think of something else that makes me choke, and salivate even though it's not delicious... And that's a honey vinegar sore throat drink. My friend recommended it to me and I made myself one last night. Wow. Basically it's a bunch of honey to coat the bottom, then put apple cider vinegar in (like a quarter of the cup) and then fill the rest with hot water. That's the recipe as I remember it. She doesn't seem to mind it, neither does my boyfriend. But damn, for me it was like trying to drink straight vodka only much much worse. I thought I was going to throw up. It burned and made me drool and cough and shudder. So gross. I'm not sure if that's what did the trick though or if it was the Nyquil, or both. Not very scientific of me, changing two variables at once.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #39
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Well, I am married ...
Married to a guy with a shot gun even. Gwai may have to watch his back.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #40
Noble Elf Lord
Leaf-Crowned Lord Of Elvenpath

But surely the said guy wouldn't be so dishonourable as to shoot Gwai in the back?