Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 01:52 PM   #61
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

I love my moot, but it sucks when you take the time to carefully write out a post that is ON TOPIC only to be ignored for off-topic chatter. It sucks no matter how interesting the off-topic banter is. *gets a little mad, slaps monitor, feels better*

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
Old 02-24-2005, 12:37 AM   #62
Mercutio

[hmm...some people might be sad that Blink-182 is splitting up.semi-vent: I desperately need to skip school tomorrow, but that isn't going to happen unless we have a snow day...which I won't know until tomorrow morning. And I def. don't want to go to school early only to have to come home an hour later.
(I have one...maybe two tests tomorrow...darn I still have to read some novel for English (also tomorrow)...and memorize mock trial for our ... competition Friday and Sat and Mon!!! )pleaasssseeeee snow enough to cancel things!
idea! maybe since my first class is a study hall, I will plan on going in "late" after that class. That gives it more time to snow/my school to cancel.]

Update: school was canceled! *happy dance* And I finished all my work yesterday anyway.

Last edited by Mercutio : 02-24-2005 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:16 AM   #63
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound
I love my moot, but it sucks when you take the time to carefully write out a post that is ON TOPIC only to be ignored for off-topic chatter. It sucks no matter how interesting the off-topic banter is. *gets a little mad, slaps monitor, feels better*
I heartily agree with you, my dear.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 02-26-2005, 07:51 PM   #64
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

my scanner is broken (the glass is smashed)

and i slit my hand to pieces when I tried removing glass

hard trying to type with a bundle of plaster on yer hand
Old 02-27-2005, 04:32 PM   #65
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

I really hope your hand gets better soon! How did you manage to do that? O.o Take care, Chrys.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 02-27-2005, 04:49 PM   #66
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
my scanner is broken (the glass is smashed)

and i slit my hand to pieces when I tried removing glass

hard trying to type with a bundle of plaster on yer hand
oh dam! poor you. take care, as Nerdanel says. Hope you'll get better soon.

Ps. Will this affect you mooting?
Old 02-27-2005, 05:39 PM   #67
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

i dont know how scanner broke, and i cut myself because, well, it's not a good ides to remove shards of glass from a scanner when under the influence of a class c smoke-inhaled sunstance but nothing affects my mooting bwahahahahaha
Old 02-28-2005, 03:02 AM   #68
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Why can't I get the flaming attachments to follow the mail when I send it. Incredibly annoying this is.

Does anyone have info on how to change Norton Internet Security so one could ascertain that attachments go with the mail. Please.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:29 PM   #69
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Except maybe blood on your keyboard Chrys. Does it hurt to type?

My cousins dropped by this weekend, earlier than expected, to pick up their dog I'd been watching all week as they were on vacation. One of them is four, and he was playing around in my revolving chair in the basement, and he tangled up a bunch of wires, pulled both my PS2 and my N64 off their shelves, and broke them both. The warrantee from the last repair on my PS2 just expired too, and now I have no money for replacements and nothing to do.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:33 PM   #70
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

nope, can't feel the pain, must be the amount of, ahem, "cigarettes" that i smoke
Old 02-28-2005, 07:45 PM   #71
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadillo
Except maybe blood on your keyboard Chrys. Does it hurt to type?

My cousins dropped by this weekend, earlier than expected, to pick up their dog I'd been watching all week as they were on vacation. One of them is four, and he was playing around in my revolving chair in the basement, and he tangled up a bunch of wires, pulled both my PS2 and my N64 off their shelves, and broke them both. The warrantee from the last repair on my PS2 just expired too, and now I have no money for replacements and nothing to do.
Bill his parents (your aunt + uncle)? Really, they should have offered to fix/replace them. Jeez.

I don't know what to do about Norton there GW - maybe turn off email scanning just before you send the email?
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 02-28-2005, 11:56 PM   #72
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Child of Ungoliant
nope, can't feel the pain, must be the amount of, ahem, "cigarettes" that i smoke
Lucky you.

I thought about it, Nurv. I wasn't home when it happened. (and that's probably a good thing because seriously, I might have killed him accidentally, although I would have taken the controllers off the chair beforehand) By the time I found out they'd evacuated the area. I might call them to complain, but I hate being whiny just as much as I do being bored.

VENT: I need a job now.
VENT: I'd been planning for months to apply at a bike shop some blocks away from my house. But my friend went and took the one position they needed the very day before I was about to drive there and ask, without mentioning that plan to anyone, and this place is miles away from him. Knowing him I'm sure it was largely in part to be funny in an real @sshole way, but come on. Hopefully he won't take this job seriously, like the rest of his jobs. But I might have to sabotage his position there before his one-month evaluation is done.
VENT: The same friend's grandpa died on Friday.
VENT: I missed a Guitar Wolf concert yesterday night, a schoolnight and I was up till 1:30 AM finishing homework that I'd actually started on Friday.

I've had a horrible week, but I'll leave some space in the thread for others to vent. I'm just getting more worked up.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:00 AM   #73
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel
Bill his parents (your aunt + uncle)? Really, they should have offered to fix/replace them. Jeez.

I don't know what to do about Norton there GW - maybe turn off email scanning just before you send the email?
That could be it. Thanks, Nurv.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:41 PM   #74
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
I just spent an HOUR AND A HALF at the doctor's, getting poked, prodded, and x-rayed just to be told what I already knew.

Stupid sprained knee. I'm out of hapkido for awhile now, too.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:34 PM   #75
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
couple of vents. my grandad died on thursday whichs sucked and now homelife isnt very nice. and im just a bit fed upw ith life atma nd can see myself atm rapidly slipping back into my old routine of being low and depressed and detached. its just easier.

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Old 03-08-2005, 12:04 PM   #76
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

Poor you hanza. It mmust be hard for you.

Now two of my three best friends have abandoned me..With no particular reason, it seems. I tried to talk with one today, but he just said: if you can't see it, then you don't need to" and so on... So I'll have to find some new ones I guess... Pretty sad, though
Old 03-12-2005, 07:02 PM   #77
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
things got a hell of a lot worse this week. last friday i mucked up big time. i cheated on my boyf with my best friend who is goin out witha girl in my year. so now tha majority of my year and my former friends hate me.

and on top of all that s**t i discovered on thursday that im....pregnant...big crap. why now?????? i told my boyf but hes not exactly being very supportive cos of whats happened. went to the doctors yesterday and its just all so real its scary. i meant heres no way i cud havea akid now. im 17 and still in ful time ed but i had this woman at work going on all day about how she lost her baby. she doesnt no im pregnant. but it just made me feel so guilty that iw anted to get rid of mine. is that stupid? now ive already started to get gay morning sickness and i keep randomly bursting into tears. the sooner this nightmare is over the better.

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??

Last edited by Hanza : 03-12-2005 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:24 PM   #78
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Well we reap what we sow. Time to make some sober desicions about your immediate future. You have a ton of damage control to deal with. Suck it up and face it and move on and learn from it. We get second chances in life but those who slip once tend to slip many times. So make wiser choices. If yer gonna play around birth control is probably a good idea. If yer gonna have a boyfriend trying to be faithful is probably the best choice. or at least not doing stuff with someone thats guaranteed of getting you caught. Its hard to shake that skanky whore reputation once you get it. Especially at your age. So my advice to you is clean slate it and learn from your bad choices.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 03-12-2005, 08:39 PM   #79
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

i done me bak in again this week, was at a club, and slipped on someone's blood that they had spilt on the floor
Old 03-13-2005, 01:02 AM   #80
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanza
things got a hell of a lot worse this week. last friday i mucked up big time. i cheated on my boyf with my best friend who is goin out witha girl in my year. so now tha majority of my year and my former friends hate me.

and on top of all that s**t i discovered on thursday that im....pregnant...big crap. why now?????? i told my boyf but hes not exactly being very supportive cos of whats happened. went to the doctors yesterday and its just all so real its scary. i meant heres no way i cud havea akid now. im 17 and still in ful time ed but i had this woman at work going on all day about how she lost her baby. she doesnt no im pregnant. but it just made me feel so guilty that iw anted to get rid of mine. is that stupid? now ive already started to get gay morning sickness and i keep randomly bursting into tears. the sooner this nightmare is over the better.
now thats ****ed up. Do your parents know?, if i was you id tell my parents and see what they have to say, if theyre not complete ****heads they should at least provide a bit of comfort and support but then again as harsh as it sound i think id better reiterate IR's post "you reap what you sow"... anyways you have my sympathies, if thats whats right for the occasion..