Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 07:10 PM   #21
Mercutio

aw Grey_Wolf.
even more moot-hugs from little Delaware.

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:44 PM   #22
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Thank you all ever so much for moothugs and advice. I'm really grateful for the sympathy from you all in this my most sorrowful of times.

I will try to relax expectations of my sister (she does have tough down below too) having problems with her husband and not knowing if she wants to stay married to him or not.

And this did happen too quick for everybody to quite understand what has occurred. In time it will become clear.

And thank you again. It feels nice to have so many friends on the net.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-01-2005 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:21 PM   #23
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

message deleted

Last edited by Valandil : 02-02-2005 at 11:57 AM. Reason: inappropriate content
Old 02-02-2005, 01:18 AM   #24
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Moothugs from New Zealand GW.
Old 02-02-2005, 03:01 AM   #25
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

I'm sorry to hear that GW. Take care of yourself.
*moothugs from Sweden*
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:35 AM   #26
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millane
"tell them the taste is phat, as in ph phat" "ive tried that" what sort of negligent mum would say the word phat
Talking about ****ed up ads, have either you or lin seen that Sam Kekovich lamb ad, where he craps on for about 5 minutes about hippy's and being unaustralian, what a loser
Yeah I have. It's really stupid. Had a bunch of Vegos really angry that he said they were unAustralian.

-----
GW, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. *Sends many hugs to Sweden* I hope that you and your sister can make up, especially in such a sad time - the more support you have the better.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:53 AM   #27
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

message deleted

Last edited by Valandil : 02-02-2005 at 11:56 AM. Reason: inappropriate content
Old 02-02-2005, 07:33 AM   #28
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
I'm sorry to hear that GW. Take care of yourself.
*moothugs from Sweden*
And another Swedish Moothug min van.

Sounds like you're being wise to keep apart until the funeral. *hug*
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 02-08-2005, 02:02 PM   #29
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

I'm so stupid! I had the best friendship ever, and ruined it. Know she barley will talk with me I have been so stupid, acted so wrong. Have I been a good poet I should have written a poem about it. But I'm not. The whole feeling of emptiness. Well, I just have to move on. There got to be more friends out there.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:07 PM   #30
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Are you sure it can't be salvaged, Pytt?

Do work at it.

Rant: POME just came in the mail, but pages 307-338 are missing...instead, pages 275-306 are in there twice!

Neil Gaiman
Old 02-08-2005, 05:17 PM   #31
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Send it back, demand a refund or a new copy, Elemmire.

Rant: I listed a class as my first choice, then once I didn't get in the first time requested a transfer to it. So what happens? First, they leave spots open the first time around, and then second, they transfer someone ELSE in. GRR.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:22 PM   #32
Pytt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemmire
Are you sure it can't be salvaged, Pytt?

Do work at it.

Rant: POME just came in the mail, but pages 307-338 are missing...instead, pages 275-306 are in there twice!
I hoped so, but she said the friendship was dead. And she did not want to talk about it, when she had got to the point. So.. I'll guess it is over.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:59 PM   #33
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Pytt: It's always worth trying to talk to her again at some point if you value the friendship. Even if that "at some point" is weeks or months later. I know I had a friend who refused to talk to me for 9 months, but after that length of time, we were able to talk about our problems and be friends again. So bottom line, always worth trying to be friends again at some point if you really value their friendship. But that doesn't always work and the situation still sucks .
Old 02-08-2005, 06:15 PM   #34
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Comfect
Send it back, demand a refund or a new copy, Elemmire.
I will. Can you believe it? Half of what I really wanted to read was in those pages? It cut out about 9 or so pages of the Shibboleth.

Pytt, it could just be anger talking. Give it some time, don't just give up.

Neil Gaiman
Old 02-09-2005, 04:30 AM   #35
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Someone stole my mother's purse from the office behind the shop. She lost her wallet, her mobile phone, all her keys and all her client cards. Which means we will have to replace all the locks on four different houses and change every body's keys accordingly. Which also means as long as I'm home alone, I have to have the extra lock on and my dad has to ring before I can let him in. In the mean time the cats can't get in and out as they used to and have to be locked either in or out. It's a good thing mother didn't have credit cards as well.

If I ever find those guys messing with the lock downstairs, I feel very much for attacking them with a frying pan instead of just scaring them off.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:43 AM   #36
Pytt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Comfect
Pytt: It's always worth trying to talk to her again at some point if you value the friendship. Even if that "at some point" is weeks or months later. I know I had a friend who refused to talk to me for 9 months, but after that length of time, we were able to talk about our problems and be friends again. So bottom line, always worth trying to be friends again at some point if you really value their friendship. But that doesn't always work and the situation still sucks .
Thanks, CC and Ellie. Right now, there is no point in pushing it, but I think I need to talk with her at some later point. But that is a long time ahead, I fear.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:23 AM   #37
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

I grew my hair out for four years so I could get a nice hair-cut. And then, somehow (I figure I must have taken a wrong turn-off somewhere- maybe I got lousy directions), I ended up at the butcher shop, and through some form of temporary insanity (which has come over me more than once in my life-time, so this theory is not improbable) I actually sat down in front of the butcher- my mind was creating the illusion of a hair salon at the time (it was really bizzare)- and I asked her to cut my hair. Well, anyone who's gotten their hair cut at a butcher shop might guess that at this moment I am thankful to God for winter- because if it hadn't been for a season of cold, no one would have invented hats! Good Gollum- my beautiful hair! All of it got thrown out with the rotten pork-chops and steer-guts. I think I'll either kill the butcher or myself.
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Old 02-10-2005, 08:00 PM   #38
Draken
Elf Lord

Not really a vent, though I suppose I'm pissed off with life in general at the moment. Just got the local paper today and on the front page I found out that a bloke who used to be a teammate of mine died on Saturday. He collapsed during a football game. Looks like he had some sort of heart defect that nobody knew about. I knew him from when I played rugby league, he played at hooker in our championship year and he was a good player. He also ran for County Durham and made the British Championships at taikwondo. Last time I saw him was at the ice rink cos he was a good skater too.

Yet he's dead at 24. Makes you think.

....or am I?
Old 02-11-2005, 02:10 PM   #39
Hanza
Woolly Jumper

Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pytt
I'm so stupid! I had the best friendship ever, and ruined it. Know she barley will talk with me I have been so stupid, acted so wrong. Have I been a good poet I should have written a poem about it. But I'm not. The whole feeling of emptiness. Well, I just have to move on. There got to be more friends out there.
Pytt I can honestly say iv'e beent here and done that. twice with the same person. and honestly all you need is time. be patient they come round. dont nag them to be friends again jsut give them some space and i promise with time things will definitely get better. good luck

(btw im now back friends with mine)

Why dont sheep shrink in the rain??
Old 02-11-2005, 06:29 PM   #40
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

GreyWolf, I just saw your post - I'm so very sorry to hear that

My sympathies and prayers go out to you, along with a big Moothug.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Closed Thread