Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-18-2002, 04:52 PM   #21
azalea
Long lost mooter

Mmmm, thanks!

Well, I am trying the pronunciation -- and of course everyone looks at me as if I've lost my mind! But thanks, it gives me an idea of it at least!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 01:05 PM   #22
TinuvielChild
Padawan

i LOVE Tintin!!! i don't have a favorite, i love them all! but i think the secret of the unicorn and red rackham's treasure, and one of the later ones, i forget which. wow. *sigh* nostalgia...see i used to read those about 4 years ago, loooong time to a teenager.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2002, 03:45 PM   #23
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
TinuvielChild if you have them, let ME borrow them. Oh yeah, don't forget to bring Small Gods to school Tuesday.
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

-----------------------------------------------

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
TwirlingString is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2002, 07:37 PM   #24
TinuvielChild
Padawan

k. i have the Shooting Star, the Black Gold (or something like that, i quite forget), ummmm the secret of the unicorn, red rackham's treasure, flight 714 or whatever it's called, and 2 others. i haven't looked at them in 2 years so please forgive me for mutilating the titles. and of course i won't forget Small Gods.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-21-2002, 07:40 PM   #25
TinuvielChild
Padawan

oh and i don't think you can get extra credit with them in French class, as a) they're not in French, b) they're originally Belgian, and c) they are completely non-France-related (in fact i think many of them take place in England). *shrug*

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 04-23-2002, 03:47 PM   #26
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

I've read most of 'em. Where can you buy them anyway? I've looked everywhere and can't find them. oh well, I find my sister and bribe her to hand over her stash of TinTin books. Ever since I "forgot" to give her back one of them, she won't let me read them. *whimper* *whimper*
I am Morwen, Lady of Darkness.

Her head was bowed,
from all the tears and pain,
but she would rise again
Lady of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2002, 09:42 AM   #27
azalea
Long lost mooter

I don't know if you have one there on the border of Mordor , but I think Border's books and music has them, or can order them.
Old 04-24-2002, 03:39 PM   #28
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

good idea. we do have a Border's out here, but everythings' in Orcish . And I'm certainly NOT taking up orcish just for the sake of books. (no offense) I would be insulting my race!! Besides, it's much more fun to call them names w/ a smile in your face and a sweet tone so they think that you're complementing them!

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 04-28-2002, 03:54 PM   #29
TinuvielChild
Padawan

i know for a fact that you can get them at the Copley branch of the library, in the children's room. they've got a whole bunch of them. hey LoD, i can lend you some on tuesday, if ya like. (that is, when TwirlingString gives them back *whistles innocently*)

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 05-19-2002, 02:46 PM   #30
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

SQUEEEE!!

*squee**squee* Really?!?!?! OKEYDAY!!!!!!!! TINTINTINTINTINTINTINTINTINTIN TS, give TC back the TINTIN books NOW! I mean,*says in sweet and gentle tone* TS, please,please,please give TC back the TINTIN books, will you? I'm dying to read them for the 900000000000000000000000th time but I am too lazy*whistles innocently*to go to the Copley library.
LOD

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 05-19-2002, 10:27 PM   #31
FrodoFriend
Halfwitted

YESSSSSSSSS!! I love Tintin!!! WOOHOO, A TINTIN THREAD!!

My whole family loves Tintin, and we're working on getting all the books, including the rare ones (like Tintin in the Land of the Soviets, the first one ever, and Tintin in Congo, the second one). Tintin's the best!!! I love him!!

The Crossroads of Arda - Warning. Halfwit content. Not appropriate for people with IQ of over 18.

The Fellowship of the Message Board

Nyáréonié - The Tale of Tears
FrodoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 10:31 PM   #32
azalea
Long lost mooter

My brother just sent me a bunch of info about the "birth" of Tintin, it's really interesting.
Old 05-23-2002, 08:46 PM   #33
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

REALLY???!!!!! that's sooooo ccoooolll!!! TINTIN rules!!! maybey convince sister to goto Library after school?!

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 06-06-2002, 03:38 PM   #34
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Location: My mother would say somewhere between the adult mystery section and the YA sci-fi
Re: SQUEEEE!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady of Darkness
*squee**squee* Really?!?!?! OKEYDAY!!!!!!!! TINTINTINTINTINTINTINTINTINTIN TS, give TC back the TINTIN books NOW! I mean,*says in sweet and gentle tone* TS, please,please,please give TC back the TINTIN books, will you? I'm dying to read them for the 900000000000000000000000th time but I am too lazy*whistles innocently*to go to the Copley library.
LOD
Well don't blame me, last time I check, I was wandering aroynd holding onto them on the off chance that she'd accept them back this time. (vengeful grin in TC's direction)
"The Astels are an emotional people. They cry at the drop of a handkerchief. Their culture is much like that of Pelosia. They're extremely devot and invincibly backward. It's been demonstrated to them over an over that serfdom is an archaic, inefficent institution, but they maintain it anyway--largely at the connivance of the serfs thmselves. Astellian nobles don't exert themselves in any way, so they have no concept of human endurance. The serfs take advantage of that outrageously. Astellian serfs have been known to collapse from sheer exhauston at the very mention of such unpleasant words as 'reaping' or 'digging'."

“They lost him?!” Lupin asked , amazed. “Voldemort has been after Harry for 15 years, and then he misplaces him?!”
Old 06-06-2002, 06:09 PM   #35
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

I love TinTin but the books are kinda predictable. DOn't kill me. actually, deleate that. DO kill me. Then I don't have to take Finals!!!!!!!!!!! I have a really good I dea! how about we take TINTIN finals instead of actuall finals!!!!!!!!!
HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
LOD

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again

Last edited by Lady of Darkness : 06-06-2002 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-06-2002, 06:12 PM   #36
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by TwirlingString

Well don't blame me, last time I check, I was wandering aroynd holding onto them on the off chance that she'd accept them back this time. (vengeful grin in TC's direction)
Ahha! now I see the real side of the story! *shakes head at TC and TS* now act like good little children and give the TINTIN books back. TC for heaven's sake, Accept the Books so then MY SISTER can get off my back about the one's she wants back. HEH HEH! HEEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
LOD
ONLY 8 MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 06-09-2002, 05:51 PM   #37
TwirlingString
Elven Warrior

Only eight? Did I lose count again?

Old 06-10-2002, 08:08 PM   #38
Lady of Darkness
Elf Lord

probably. Now there are only 8.(6 for me, 4 for ShireChild BooHoo) My head hurts. anyway, It only takes me 3 seconds to get through a stack of books Yah!!
HEHEHE HEAD HURTS!
LOD

Her head was bowed,
but she would rise again
Old 07-24-2002, 04:19 PM   #39
azalea
Long lost mooter

I now have a little background onfo on Herge and the development of Tintin. I've just finished re reading the whole series of comics (excluding Tintin in the Land of the Soviets and Tintin in the Congo). I love those comics, it's too bad he didn't write even more.

To clarify about Herge's persecution for nazi-ism: although he was never politically involved, since he had worked for a Nazi approved newspaper during Belgium's occupation, he was banned and arrested 4 times but never went to trial. He was always released within hours of being arrested.
Old 07-24-2002, 06:20 PM   #40
Rána Eressëa
The Rogue Elf

Oh, the nightmares! THE NIGHTMARES! *goes silent*

As you can see I hate Tintin.
Rána Eressëa is offline   Reply With Quote