Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-28-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Ken Follett's Pillars of the Earth

When I read the book this author seems to be hellbent on heaping as much misery on the leadcharacters as he possibly can. The same goes, obviously, then with the mini-series. In the second part (of four) Prior Philip, who is the one who tries to do his best in keeping the building of the cathedral going was tortured and about to be strung up at the end of the episode. What is the point of telling a story if you kill off the leads (or will Philip get a last minute reprieve, one could ponder). Another of the leads, almost died too, he lay there in the pile of corpses, to all appearances, dead. BUT he apparently survived a strangling ordered by the present King, Stephen. At least one glimmer of hope in the deluge of misery.

have any of you seen it? and what did you think?
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote