Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-12-2007, 01:45 PM   #1
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

Deathly Hallows Release Parties

Is anyone having one? Is anyone going to one?

I'm helping host a midnight release party at my library, and OMG i CANNOT WAIT!!!! It's gonna be so much fun!!!

We're having talking portraits (printing out HUGE prints of paintings and cutting out heads so people can take pictures!)
and food (there are some awesome websites with really great recipes- i'll post links later...)
and games (h.p. jeopardy, wheel of fortune, and i'm currently trying to figure out the logistics to a human chess game, but i dunno if that'll work...)

anyone have any really good ideas that they're using for their own parties? i could definetly use some more!

(o, and if anyone lives in north west new jersey and would like more info on my party let me know! it's free, as it's in a public library, and it's going to be really great! and if you know of any other parties in that area, i'd like to know too, cuz i'd love to go to more than just my party! lol )

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:46 AM   #2
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

well, i'm going to the midnight release/celebration at my local barnes 'n' nobles...GONNA BE AWESOME!!!!
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:43 PM   #3
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

I'll probably go to one at a Barnes and Nobles too...I'm looking forward to the book a lot more than the party. Yours sounds fun Lady Ravyn, too bad I live in California

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:57 PM   #4
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

I'm going to be standing by the mailbox.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 07:54 PM   #5
katya
Elven Maiden

:[ I wanted to go to some of the celebrations but I haven't read all the books yet... (though I almost went to one of them when I heard about free wand giving-out) I wanted to read them all by last night but by the time I got around to starting it was a week ago. I'm starting the third book now and am thoroughly sucked in so anyway I'm glad the release gave me a reason to start reading them again. (read the first two back in middle school.)
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:35 PM   #6
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

here's a link to pictures from our party... it was alot of work, but it was really a success and a TON of fun!!! we had upwards of 80 people come! (which is kinda alot considering we were planning on around 60... good thing we thought ahead enough to make sure we haad extra of everything!)

if you look through them, i'm the one with long dark dark dark brown hair that's all frizzy and huge glasses and an outrageously colorful off-the-shoulder dress with scarves tied around my hips... i was professor trelawny
my whole family is mixed in there too... baby harry is my cousin, anna!!!

enjoy!!!
Haryr Potter Midnight Release Party, Warren County Library Headquarters, New Jersey

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
katya
Elven Maiden

That is very Trelawney.

Looked like a lot of fun.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #8
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

I didn't end up going to a party, I wanted to be awake enough to actually read the book the next day. Yours looks like it was awesome though Lady Ravyn.

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote