Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #41
Lord of the Mark
Hobbit

I belive that Ron will die, because he's always wanted to be better then his brothers and he will prove he is by saving Harry. That's just what I think, not sure about the other one though...
Lord of the Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 12:34 AM   #42
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

I REALLY want Harry to die, but NOOOOO. bloody.
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:12 PM   #43
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

If Harry is going to receive help from an already-dead character it's going to be Sirius, because that mirror needs to come back (we've been waiting for that for three books now and Harry hasn't remembered it yet, so it's got to come out soon). Some combination of Sirius's mirror and Dumbledore's portrait will give Harry enough guidance that it won't seem too easy, but still allow all of it to come down to Harry in the end. And yeah, a Weasley's going to die.
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:38 AM   #44
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoPi
I think that having Dumbledore contact Harry through any means would be a cheap cop out. A big part of his dying was that he could no longer help Harry, and thus our intrepid teenaged hero must go it alone (sort of, you know Ron and Hermione won't be left on the side lines.)

In book Seven I really expect Harry to come into his own as an adult sort of.

Kind of like it would have been a cheap cop out to bring back and/or contact Sirius in the 6th book? Yet, everyone believed that would happen.

Can't forget about Ginny either. Honestly though, I'd be rather dissappionted if JKR turned this book into a romance novel. Doubt that'll happen though, she's too smart for that.

Anyway, I'm tired and lazy...so I haven't read past the post that I quoted...anyone got any reliable info. on who RAB is? Everyone's pretty much decided that he's Regulus...but I'd still like to know.

I just want the book to come out.
"Not only did my encounters with voters confirm the fundamental decency of the American people, they also reminded me that at the core of the American experience are a set of ideals that continue to stir our collective conscience; a common set of values that bind us together despite our differences; a running thread of hope that makes our improbable experiment in democracy work..." Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:47 AM   #45
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menelvagor
If Harry is going to receive help from an already-dead character it's going to be Sirius, because that mirror needs to come back (we've been waiting for that for three books now and Harry hasn't remembered it yet, so it's got to come out soon). Some combination of Sirius's mirror and Dumbledore's portrait will give Harry enough guidance that it won't seem too easy, but still allow all of it to come down to Harry in the end. And yeah, a Weasley's going to die.

I want the mirror to be a Ron/Harry thing. You know, James and Sirius had them, it seems fitting that Ron and Harry should have them. I stick to my thinking that if Sirius came back in almost any way, shape, or form it's going to be a cheap cop out. I honestly don't know how helpful D's pic. is going to be. It is only a picture. I mean, we've seen how helpful Phineas is...was.

I think I don't want Harry to die. At the end of most books of this nature (LOTR for example) the hero, the one who is the most changed, either dies or goes off someplace else. I want to see how the person who is the most changed, the most damaged, who's life has always been defined by someone else picks up the peices and moves on.

Wouldn't it suck if Ginny was the Weasly to die? I think more than one Weasly will die. Infact, book 7 will be a homicide fest.
"Not only did my encounters with voters confirm the fundamental decency of the American people, they also reminded me that at the core of the American experience are a set of ideals that continue to stir our collective conscience; a common set of values that bind us together despite our differences; a running thread of hope that makes our improbable experiment in democracy work..." Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:49 AM   #46
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of The Istari
as much as I'd like her to extend the series, I doubt it, I heard somewhere she's already written the last chapter of book 7 (she supposedly writes them out of sync) seeing that the last chapter would be the hardest to write shes most likely tackled that first. but then again now JK has to write up to that last chapter, if that takes too long it very well be split into two books.
This is such a cool "trick"! You tend to wonder how she comes up with all the intertwining detail and complex storytelling....writing tricks! Just as many artists have some tricks up their sleeves to add layers of interest to paintings.....I bet authors do too. Coming up with a key moving chapter.....that flows easily, with purpose.....like water after a storm, then filling in the blanks just makes it all seem "do-able"....exciting!

If someone heroically pulls a peice of magic out of their sleeve...late in life, I'm torn between Petunia, trying to protect her family when Harry's protection wears off...and that nasty caretaker at Hogworts w/the cat doing something desperate to protect the school......

I wonder about Dobby and the house elves....that's all....I just wonder.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:52 PM   #47
sun-star
Lady of Letters

I like the sound of Book 7's title. Very Gothic.
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
sun-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:21 PM   #48
cee2lee2
Elf Lord

Just makes me more frustrated that it's not ready yet to read
cee2lee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 06:44 PM   #49
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

ARGH!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

july... in july it will be here, precioussssssss...
oops! wrong book reference!

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Lady Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:24 AM   #50
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

July it is then?

Excellent. Finally we can get this whole thing over with.

I like the title as well.
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 11:09 AM   #51
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

July? Dang! Right around the corner!
Old 12-24-2006, 08:29 PM   #52
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Oh god forbid. Well, at least it'll be over and done with.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 03:14 AM   #53
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

ooh, nice title .... 0.o

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 07:55 PM   #54
azalea
Long lost mooter

I can't decide if I think the title refers to a place (my first thought) or people/ ghosts or some such.

BTW, book 7 release date has not been even hinted at by JKR or publishers. July is wishful thinking (IOW, I wish!); the latest speculation I've heard is perhaps Halloween (due to the book title).
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:52 PM   #55
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

I thought July seemed awful soon!
I think of Godrics Hollow being the starting point, and then with maybe Harry experiencing some of the strange versions of death in Potterverse and coming back to help with major changes that will ultimately occur in the wizarding world.....
Old 01-11-2007, 03:40 AM   #56
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod Felagund
The fact that Harry "has his mother's eyes" will prove to be an important plot point
OMG Snape is Harry's father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod Felagund
There will be no more Quidditch matches
Nooooo...

You know, I'm disappointed that Quidditch has been axed basically since the fourth book. It seems like the fun little details that made the earlier books so awesome have been benched. Or maybe I just miss Quidditch, because it's wonderful. I love reading about Quidditch.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 08:22 PM   #57
tomstheman
Enting

question

[QUOTE=Nurvingiel]OMG Snape is Harry's father.

How could Snape be Harry's father if Harry looks like James with Lilly's eyes? Just wondering.
Any way can't wait for the new book to come out. I think its going to be interesting to see how JK works things out. Also I think she has this whole letting little things slip out to entice the fans. It should be amazing.
Why is the latin word for fear of long words Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia? Yes it is i checked online.

Remember Remember the fifth of November
tomstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:19 AM   #58
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstheman
How could Snape be Harry's father if Harry looks like James with Lilly's eyes? Just wondering.
i think he's being sarcastic.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:35 PM   #59
tomstheman
Enting

oh that makes more sense
Why is the latin word for fear of long words Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia? Yes it is i checked online.

Remember Remember the fifth of November
tomstheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:21 PM   #60
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

[I'm replying to an older post here, about the significance of Godric's Hollow]

Its not just the fact that his parents lived at godirc's Hollow (and were ever so rich) that makes me firmly convinced that Harry is definitely related to Godric Gryffindor. After all, think about it. The village name, the fact that Harry pulled out the sword from the hat, and Dumbledore said 'only a true Gryffindor could have done that'. That has an ambigious meaning, after all, he could mean either Gryffindor in the sense of belonging to the house, or Gryffindor in the sense of being related.

Then there's the fact that Voldemort and Harry are bitter enemies, and Gryffindor and Slytherin, too, were enemies. (The fact that they were initially best friends is paralleled by how similar Harry and Tom Riddle are, outwardly and by circumstances). They are both the last living descendants of G and S. Those two had a conflict over the whole 'pure-blood' question, and the conflict was never resolved. Now Harry and Voldemort are fighting over the same conflict, and according to the prophecy will end the conflict, more or less. And if by any chance Voldy knew that Harry is descended from G, it explains why he went for Harry, not Neville.

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Serenoli is offline   Reply With Quote