Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-31-2005, 04:58 PM   #1
King of The Istari
Elven Warrior

Location: Some where quite interesting with psychedelic trees
Book 7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I know Most people have been speculating what will take place in Book 7 at the end of the Half Blood Prince thread, But I thought it deserved its own section (aswell as it being such a drag trying to find the book seven stuff at the end of the 22 page thread that is the Half blood prince:

This thread is about any speculation anyone may have about what will happen in book seven and theories about characters and events heres my bit:

(this is taken from the end of the Halfblood Prince thread)

I think needs some contact to Dumbledore to help him learn what he needs to know what he has to do to get the horcruxes and destroy them, I believe Dumbledore won't help harry with Voldemort or the horcruxes but teach him some of the things he needs to know to beat the enchantments set upon the resting places of the horcruxes and how to destroy them
I think he needs these vital peices of infomation and I can't see any other way he could get them with out some contact ADD who I believe is the only character who could teach harry these things with any credibility

Regarding snape I believe we are all expecting him to be good and turn Voldy and this i what s most likely to happen but I wouldn't mind him just being darn right evil.
I also want him to be evil because I don't like the idea of him killing a defencless dumbledore and then later on saying Dumbledore told me or I killed him but I'm still good.

I think Godrics Hollow will play an intresting part in Book 7 for that will be the first time Harry has seen his old house or visited his parent's graves I think something there may help him on his quest to kill voldemort.

and Finally I WANT A HAPPY ENDING I don't think I could stand Harry being killed off at the end of Book seven, people have been with this character for seven long books and many people includng myself would be able to enjoy rereading the books and watching the films knowing Harry is going to do The Matrix thing and sacrefice himself for the rest of the wizarding world even if it does bring around Voldemort's downfall.

PS. has anyone noticed that the place that the Potters lived "godrics Hollow" is named after gryfndor this could be important I always thought Harry could be related to gryfendor

And what happened to the rest of your party, killed, eaten, gone home?
Beorn, The Hobbit

Dark and difficult Times lie ahead Harry, soon we must all face a choice, a choice between what is right and what is easy!
Dumbledore

Neo Are you listening to Me? Or are you too busy looking at the Woman in the Red Dress?
Morpheus, The Matrix

Last edited by King of The Istari : 01-05-2006 at 11:32 AM.
King of The Istari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 06:12 PM   #2
azalea
Long lost mooter

Good last point -- that makes me think that perhaps "something of Gryffindor's" might be found there, I don't know. Or maybe that Harry is the heir of Gryffindor.

So then the something of Ravenclaw's will be what he needs to find at Hogwarts.

BTW, when a name for the next book is released, the title of this thread could be changed to "predictions for..." and then a new thread for when it is actually released. Ah, there's the admin in me coming out!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #3
MangoPi
Enting

I think that having Dumbledore contact Harry through any means would be a cheap cop out. A big part of his dying was that he could no longer help Harry, and thus our intrepid teenaged hero must go it alone (sort of, you know Ron and Hermione won't be left on the side lines.)

In book Seven I really expect Harry to come into his own as an adult sort of.

Narlyë nat vanya!
MangoPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 06:11 PM   #4
King of The Istari
Elven Warrior

yeah but I still can't think of anyway other than dumbledore for him to learn the magic that he will most oviouisly need, Harry didn't know how to do anything that Dumbledore did in the Cave and he will have to learn at least some of those things to be able to get the other horcruxes, I think its a cop out if Harry needs none of the things dumbledore did in the cave to get the other horcruxes and just happens to know how to break each defence and enchantment let alone how to beat Voldy Moldy himself.

I think haveing no dumbledore is a good thing aswell but I also think Harry needs some contact to an powerful wizard that can advise him and teach him the things he needs to know to finish his quest.

Beorn, The Hobbit

Dark and difficult Times lie ahead Harry, soon we must all face a choice, a choice between what is right and what is easy!
Dumbledore

Neo Are you listening to Me? Or are you too busy looking at the Woman in the Red Dress?
Morpheus, The Matrix

Last edited by King of The Istari : 01-02-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:48 PM   #5
MangoPi
Enting

lol Voldy Moldy? Moldy Voldy?

You are right, but think back to the very first time that Ron Hermoine and Harry tried to take on the back guy...the traps were set so that each one was geared to talent that each one of them possessed - The Devil's Snare, the Broomstick, the chess game...

Narlyë nat vanya!
MangoPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #6
King of The Istari
Elven Warrior

yeah but they wern't enchantments left by voldemort were they, I'd think that the other horcuxes would have to be as well guarded as the one in the cave which would mean harry would have to learn new skills to be able to get them aswell Harry won't always have ron and hermione to bail him out he has to be able to get by and do these things onm his own.

Beorn, The Hobbit

Dumbledore

Morpheus, The Matrix
Old 12-15-2006, 12:38 AM   #7
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoPi
I think that having Dumbledore contact Harry through any means would be a cheap cop out. A big part of his dying was that he could no longer help Harry, and thus our intrepid teenaged hero must go it alone (sort of, you know Ron and Hermione won't be left on the side lines.)

In book Seven I really expect Harry to come into his own as an adult sort of.

Kind of like it would have been a cheap cop out to bring back and/or contact Sirius in the 6th book? Yet, everyone believed that would happen.

Can't forget about Ginny either. Honestly though, I'd be rather dissappionted if JKR turned this book into a romance novel. Doubt that'll happen though, she's too smart for that.

Anyway, I'm tired and lazy...so I haven't read past the post that I quoted...anyone got any reliable info. on who RAB is? Everyone's pretty much decided that he's Regulus...but I'd still like to know.

I just want the book to come out.
"Not only did my encounters with voters confirm the fundamental decency of the American people, they also reminded me that at the core of the American experience are a set of ideals that continue to stir our collective conscience; a common set of values that bind us together despite our differences; a running thread of hope that makes our improbable experiment in democracy work..." Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 02:01 PM   #8
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

me, too, im afraid. Of all the titles, I am certain I like this the least. Maybe, maybe, if I read the book I'll find out the real meaning and like it, but right now, it seems much too dramatic...

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Serenoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:12 PM   #9
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I don't think it's too dramatic for this book. I mean, if any author can pull it off, it's Rowling.

What I want to know, is what are the Deadly Hallows? There is no noun "hallow" so it's a place name she has created, which gives it a great deal of potential awesomeness.

Also, I still don't think Dumbledore is dead. I won't believe this unless he hasn't shown up half-way through the book.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 11:44 AM   #10
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

Breaking news: the next book is out on the 21st July!
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
jammi567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 01:10 PM   #11
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Dorothy L. Sayers,

who identified herself as an "Inkling", although there's debate about that, killed off Lord Peter Wimsey because he'd become SO famous that she felt her more serious work (like translations of Dante) never got any attention.

I wonder if that kind of concern is in J.K. Rowling's mind...that she's "that Harry Potter woman", and she wants to be recognised for other things.

Bad look-out for Harry, if so.
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:42 PM   #12
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane
Elven Warrior

How do you know? If that's true, I'm already bouncing in my seat...it's time for Mr. Potter to stop ruling my life.

(OOC: I heard Daniel Radcliff was going to attend UVA, silly rumour, I know, but still. I live quite close to UVA and I am aware of several people who have allowed this knowledge to influence there choice of colleges.)

Anyways, I want the mirrors to show back up. For some reason that's the part that's bugging the snot out of me. I don't why, but if they aren't in the first few chapters, I'll probably scream.

I rather like the name of this book. It's very dramatic and what else would this book be? I can't wait to find out what the "Hallows" are. You don't think it's a mistake though do you? Hallow=Hollows...Godric's Hollow...Deathly Hollows (Godric's Hollow where the final battle is fought and lots die...)

Just a thought.
"Not only did my encounters with voters confirm the fundamental decency of the American people, they also reminded me that at the core of the American experience are a set of ideals that continue to stir our collective conscience; a common set of values that bind us together despite our differences; a running thread of hope that makes our improbable experiment in democracy work..." Barack Obama, The Audacity of Hope
Master'sBaneSwiftSnowmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:23 AM   #13
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt
who identified herself as an "Inkling", although there's debate about that, killed off Lord Peter Wimsey because he'd become SO famous that she felt her more serious work (like translations of Dante) never got any attention.

I wonder if that kind of concern is in J.K. Rowling's mind...that she's "that Harry Potter woman", and she wants to be recognised for other things.

Bad look-out for Harry, if so.
Hahaha! Of course, she always said that she was only going to write seven books. She doesn't need to kill off old Harry to be done with the series.

I was wondering if Rowling would write any other books, and how they would go over.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote