Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-08-2004, 12:09 AM   #1
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

Harry dying would make sense, a Neo-esqe death. Taking the death to save everyone. I don't understand the origional post however, the suposed "true" responses from Radcliff. If Harry the character is to be killed off, why would another person play Harry!? Don't know about you but this whole thing seems a little fake. Just a weak rumor.

*Edit: Also it would seem, at the speed at which JK is writing, I don't she even knows what will happen at the end!

"I want to see pretty people doing ugly things..." ~ Unknown

"Damn it n' such!" ~ Stewie Griffen

Last edited by Halbarad of the Dunedain : 10-08-2004 at 12:12 AM.
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 10:08 AM   #2
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Quote:
*Edit: Also it would seem, at the speed at which JK is writing, I don't she even knows what will happen at the end!
Oh yes she does. She's had it allll planned out for ages, she knows exactly what's gonna happen. Sure, she'll make changes but they won't be big ones and they won't completely change the plot.
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:00 AM   #3
Halbarad of the Dunedain
Elven Warrior

Is there anything that supports that idea sirigorn?(Im not trying to attack you ) May I ask, are you J.K herself? If you are not then I do not really think you, or anyone is in a good place ot make such a finite statement. Not to mention if you were right, sirigorn, then perhaps there would be an explaination as to why the last books are taking so long? Surely if she had everything planned for ages uncounted then she would be able to put them on paper faster than ages uncounted. Regaurdless the orgigional thread idea is being lost, and as I said in my previous post the idea of HP dying is a good one but the origional post does not make sense and therefore at this time I don't feel HP will die.
Halbarad of the Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:49 AM   #4
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I've seen a BBC TV show where JKR herself says that she has written the last chapter already and know's what is going to happen.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Telcontar_Dunedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 05:42 PM   #5
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Hmmm...I don't think Harry will die. It's just a little too odd, especially since he's been 'narrating' (albeit 3rd person)--how do you end a book after you've killed the narrator?
I can see Ron dying, though--in a terribly heroic way to save the world, you know?

Neville, no--too story-important. I can't wait to see what happens with Neville (whee!).

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 11:56 PM   #6
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...p/harry_potter

I say Harry's gonna die.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 10:35 PM   #7
Pirate
Enting

I think Draco will die in some kind of heroic Everyone-has-some-good-in-them way J/k. I would be so pissed if she did so that though. My vote goes to Ron or Dumbledore.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:04 AM   #8
Haradrim
The Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

I have to go with Neville. I think everyone misinterpreted the prophecy. I think that everyone will think Harry should kill him but at the end itll be Harry and Neville having some way to kill the Dark Lord. HArry will step forward but Neville will grab him and tell Harry that he will do it. That he has nothin gleft (I think his grandma will die) and that he wants this one chance to do something great. they will argue for a whil ebut then HArry will conceed and Neville will do whatever he must do.

But thats just what I think
Old 08-21-2004, 01:13 AM   #9
PippinTook
The Infamous Tea Hobbit

yeah I dont think harry will die. I didnt know she realeased the name of book 6 though *ponders* anywho, when will it come out?

If anyone dies it'll be DM or Neville I think. Not Lupin because I like him too much and it would be dumb after killing Sirius. Something big will happen that will lead up to someone dying and until I see that I have no idea, really. I'm no good at predictions.

If I can stop one heart from aching, I shall not live in vain. -Emily Dickinson

But the Master comes, and the foolish crowd
Never can quite understand
The worth of a soul and the change that is wrought
By the touch of the Master's hand.

Though she be but little, she is fierce! -MSND
PippinTook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 12:41 PM   #10
Sylvee Estel
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haradrim
I have to go with Neville. I think everyone misinterpreted the prophecy. I think that everyone will think Harry should kill him but at the end itll be Harry and Neville having some way to kill the Dark Lord. HArry will step forward but Neville will grab him and tell Harry that he will do it. That he has nothin gleft (I think his grandma will die) and that he wants this one chance to do something great. they will argue for a whil ebut then HArry will conceed and Neville will do whatever he must do.

But thats just what I think
I agree except for one thing... Harry won't conceed. Neville will have to knock him out or something.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:39 PM   #11
azalea
Long lost mooter

I don't want anyone to die! But I think it might be Dumbledore, and maybe Harry will replace him as "top wizard."
I think the only reason Rowling would have to kill Harry is if she is sick of writing about him. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense in terms of the way she's built him up in the series.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 11:49 AM   #12
Elessar the Elfstone
Enting

Heres my list of possible deaths:
1. Dumbldore
2. Neville
3. lupin
4. Mad eye
5. fudge
6. shamus finnigan
7. Cho Chang
8. Athur or molly weasly
9.more order members
10. other Hogwarts students

These are in no paticular order! I said Fudge because somewhere (can't remember where ) JK said thetre would be a new minister for magicso he has to be get red of some how.
Elessar the Elfstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:44 AM   #13
Orli17
Elven Warrior

if ron dies i'll cry my head out!!! But to me it seems like its gonna be him.....always the faithful sidekick/bestfriends it is..... but Rowling might do sthg different...Harry dying?? that's too much

LEGOLAS GREENLEAF

10 Things You'll Find in Legolas' Backpack - Elvensmiths & Co.

10. hairbrush
9. blower
8. powder
7. Enya’s "the Memory of Trees" CD
6. cold cream
5. mud packs
4. First Aid kit
3. shampoo and conditioner
2. his picture
1. 101 Ways to Become the Prettiest Thing in Middle Earth

that is from theonering.net 'tookish ticklers top ten things'...just citing my sources.....
Orli17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 12:40 PM   #14
sirigorn
Elven Warrior

Much as I like wrong, I'm almost positive he will die... lots of little things adding up. Like his middle name. Bilius. In the third book, Ron said that his uncle or cousin or something Bilius was killed by the Grim. Or at least, he saw the Grim, then he dies of fright. That's just one example of a reason I think he'll die. Even though I love him to death. And I just realised how that sounds.... maybe I shouldn't say that!

~Siri~
-Two Towers extended DVD

I'm wearing black for Black.

Well, then, I confess, it is my intention to commandeer one of these ships, pick up a crew in Tortuga, raid, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out!~Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean
sirigorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 09:15 PM   #15
Tilion the Maia
Sapling

Harry going to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith_Elf
I found this article in the Daily Mail paper this morning:

Thoughts?
I think that his fate is with V. but I think Harry can kill him without being killed, it could be that Harry could come close to death but not die.
Tilion the Maia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:44 AM   #16
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Then again, what better way to assure that no one ever attempts to write sequels to Jo's creation.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:28 AM   #17
azalea
Long lost mooter

I'm going to copy this to this page, since it was the last one on the other page and I don't know if people were seeing it:

I'm not dredging this thread for no reason -- I just thought it might be good to revive it for further use about character deaths. But first may I give props to Lizra and Haradrim for correctly predicting D'dore's death specifically in book 6.

There was a recent Entertainment Weekly article giving odds for character deaths. I thought it might be fun to take a character every few days and let everyone give their odds of that character dying in either book 7, not including the epilogue, which I think we can assume will take place after the plot action, and will basically serve to tell us what happens to people after "the end."

I think the easiest way is for me to start, and give my prediction of how likely it is that this character will die as a percentage. Then others can say what they think and why. Then after a few days, we can give another character, given either by me or someone else if I'm not around. We can do all the characters in the books. It'll help pass the time until the next one comes out.

I guess I'll start out with the original subject of the thread and say: Harry.

I personally give Harry, oh, let's say an 80% chance of surviving book 7.

A couple of reasons for the good chance:
He's the main character.
It wouldn't feel right to end the book without him.

Why I allow for the possibility that he might not:
The rumors, which were started by JKR herself in an interview.
Probably just teasing, but you never know.
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:45 PM   #18
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

i hope he dies. ooooooh do i hope he dies....
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:04 PM   #19
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

You're in need of some serious help from Delores Umbrage.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:05 PM   #20
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

aaah! noooo! heh...she's crazy now, though...*whew* close shave...
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
durinsbane2244 is offline   Reply With Quote