Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-01-2003, 07:14 PM   #1
Shadowfax
The Fleet-Footed

AP English Exam: Aaaaaaaaaahh!

On Tuesday (May 6th) I'm taking the AP (Advanced Placement) English Language and Composition Exam. I am becoming very frightened. For those of you that don't know what this is, it's a university-level exam that High School students can take and get University credit if you do well enough. It's 3 hours: 1 hour of multiple choice (reeeally hard, you're only expected to get about half correct), and 2 hours of essay writing (3 essays over 2 hours). I've done lots of practice essays and M.C., but I'm still getting quite nervous. Has anyone here ever taken an AP English exam? Or any AP exam? Any support is appreciated.

"To remain ignorant of things that happened before you were born is to remain a child" (Cicero, 106-43 B.C.)

"Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth" (Picasso)
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 07:42 PM   #2
Legoles
Goddess of the evil smilies

Re: AP English Exam: Aaaaaaaaaahh!

I feel sorry for you but I dont have to deal with that yet no advice sorry.

PADFOOT LIVES!
Legoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 07:45 PM   #3
Coney
The Buddy Rabbit

^^^That's the longest siggy I've ever seen ^^^^^^

Shadowfax: Ya gotta learn to relax ......... exams are a doddle

(I should know, been doing the buggers long enough

Beatallica
Coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 07:46 PM   #4
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Don't look at me for advice, I'm not even a freshman til next year. I wish you good luck, though! I'm sure you'll do fine!

*This is not actually true. The road to Hell is paved with frozen door to door salesmen. On weekends many of the younger demons go ice-skating down it. ~Good Omens
Dreran the Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 07:50 PM   #5
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreran the Green
Don't look at me for advice, I'm not even a freshman til next year. I wish you good luck, though! I'm sure you'll do fine!
I don't think he was looking at you.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 07:54 PM   #6
Ruinel
Banned

First, relax (yes, that's Ruinel the spastic Elf talking)... relax.

Second, they sell AP Placement Exam books in the bookstores. Most offer sample tests. Go buy one if you don't already have one.

Third, why in Arda would you think that you are going to fail this stupid thing?

And by the way, AP exams are offered in a variety of courses. However, some major universities will only give you an elective credit for passing that AP exam (example: physics AP exam will only get you a science elective credit at most major universities). Reason: most profs don't like to see Fish enter the U without taking the basic freshman courses offered because courses at the next level up build upon what was taught in the freshman course, they like to mold the student when they're new to the U. No freshman course means that the sophomore course is harder on the student.

But this doesn't mean that the English AP Exam will not be accepted as a credit for the freshman year english course. You have to find out by talking to the university you plan to attend.

Hope this helps.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 08:45 AM   #7
Hans Moleman
Hobbit

Just think of books you have read

"Ahh my brain"
Hans Moleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 09:50 AM   #8
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

I haven't taken your exam, but English is bloody easy. It's stupid to fuss about. You've got nothing to lose after all; all you can do is gain college credits. So if you take the test, you've already won.

You're good to go.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:21 PM   #9
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Good luck. Trust me, you have nothing to worry about.

I found the M.C. more challenging than the essay portion, mostly because they can really get you for the most trivial of technicalities. But you'll do fine.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2003, 01:21 PM   #10
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Oops, just noticed that this is an old thread and he's already taken the bloody thing.

Hope you did well...
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote