Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-28-2000, 06:02 PM   #1
Telkontar

Beautiful storys of Middle Earth

Hi

As I was re reading the LOTR for the nth time, I found a text that I hadn't given much notice until now. I though it beautiful and I just wanted to let you have part of my extasy.

"Slowly his hand went to the bosom, and slowly he held aloft the Phial Of Galadriel. For a moment, it glimmered, faint as a rising star struggling in heavy earthward mists, and then its power waxed, and hope grew in Frodo's mind, it began to burn, and kindled to a silver flame, a minute heart of dazzling light, as though Eärendil had himself come down from the high sunset paths with the last Silmaril upon his brow. The darkness receded from it, until it seemed to shine in the centre of a globe of airy crystal, and the hand that held it sparkled with white fire." (LOTR, Book four, p160)

If you think the same way about a bit of text, feel free to write it afterward, for I begin this topic for all that have something to tell.

Thanks and namÃ*rie
Aragorn
Old 03-30-2000, 12:36 AM   #2
Darth Tater

Re: Beautiful storys of Middle Earth

sigh
Old 04-17-2000, 06:47 PM   #3
andustar

Re: Beautiful storys of Middle Earth

did i say i wan't going to post any more? what a liar i am... that is impossible here with so much stuff i love to talk about
yes that bit is really beautiful i agree... <sighs too>