Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-01-2002, 07:00 PM   #1
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

New RPG- Need players and disscussion about rpg

Alright, I've been thinking for a while about starting a rpg and I've done them enough times, on other sites and such, to understand how to make them.
This rpg, if your interested, is going to take place in the fourth age, around Bree and the shire, you know that entire west side of middle earth. The plot will reveal itself as a quest is set. Players that will be needed will be a lot of mortals and a couple of elves, not a whole bunch though considering that we are on the other side of the misty mountains.
My character will be a mortal woman, about 18 to 20 years old and a soldier. Her name will be Lara, and to keep the plot set, she'll sort a be a leader so we keep going in that story direction.
Thanx
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.

Last edited by Handmaiden of Yavanna : 05-10-2002 at 03:36 PM.
Handmaiden of Yavanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 08:05 PM   #2
Michelle The Fair
Enting

Sounds like fun. I might be one of the elves or maybe a hobbit. Could you tell me more of what the story is about?

Michelle The Fair

"PIPPIN LIVES in MY HEART!!!!!!!'
Michelle The Fair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 03:13 PM   #3
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

The story is hard to tell without givng the plot away, but considering that I'll probably give it away in the first post, what the heck. There is a quest to join an army of dwarves to go recapture the mines of moria, and my character has it set on her to go gather other prople too, to come and fight. Hobbits, humans, and definently dwarves will b needed, but whats a story without elves haven't thought up a title for it yet but it'll come.
She wandered wayward for a time, from the gardens of the gods to climb the everlasting mountains free that look upon the outmost sea, and never wandered back but stayed softly singing from glade to glade.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:23 PM   #4
Nariel Starfire
Elven Warrior

Hey this sounds fun. Hmm, what should I be? I know!

I am Kalnarnen, also called Perenaug (although I don't like that one). I am half dwarf and half elf (long story). My parents (father dwarf mother elf) moved to bree a while ago. I've lived there ever since. I am immortal and have the appearance of an elf, but the brute strength and willpower of a dwarf. In other words, I got the best of both worlds. I have fashoined my own weapon. It is a crossbow and shoots tiny axes. It works both ways, though, with arrows, too.

"But what about the R.O.U.Ses?"

Yours Truly, The Tisroc
-You forgot to say "May he live forever"
-That's because I don't want him to live forever!
- The Horse and his Boy--C.S. Lewis
Nariel Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2002, 03:32 PM   #5
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Sweet! half elf half dwarf? I don't even want to ask how that happened JK
Old 05-05-2002, 08:58 PM   #6
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Can I join?

I am a hobbit. I usually tie my curly hair back with a ribbon. I am a quiet hobbit, not used to adventure (although I do have Bandobras blood). I will take my small dagger along, thank you very much.

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 09:03 PM   #7
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

ill join..could be Ecthelion, nephew of King Eldarion of Gondor..leader of a host of Gondorians to mines of Moria?
Old 05-07-2002, 12:29 AM   #8
samwise of the shire
Radically Tolkienited

Location: If home is where the heart is, and my heart is in heaven...that should answer your question. <+><
Name: Alaird Took son of Faramir Took and Goldilocks Gamgee.
Eyes:Light Grey-Blue.
Hair:Wildly curly earthy brown hair that seems always full of twigs and leaves.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Considered VERY adventurous by the Tooks, Alaird is always into some sort of trouble(A thing he got from Grandpa Pippin). Favorite weapon is a long wooden staff made in the form of the staves given to Frodo and Sam by Faramir of Gondor in the War of the Ring. He also likes the bow and is very skilled though not as skilled as his grandfathers. Hates the idea of ever brushing his hair, but hates it when his feet get matted with mud twigs etc. He loves climbing trees and jumping out at people, but has also gotten loyalty, and love for growing things from his Grandfather Sam. Alaird likes to wear green(any shade), and any shade of blue shirtsometimes might wear a yellow waistcoat. Travelling clothes are dark greyish breeches, a dark green or blue shirt under a grey scarf stripped with purpley stripes, the yellow waistcoat, topped over all with a dark green cloak buttoned at the shoulder. Strange combo but hey it's comfey. Can also cook up a storm in the kitchen and come out with interesting dinners that look doubtful but taste DELISH.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok think that's it.
Thanks
Sam
~J.R.R Tolkien
Radically Saved, Totally Tolkienited
GOD...
BLESS...
AMERICA...
samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 07:35 PM   #9
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Ok, your all in, except one question for Claenoic. What is your name in this whole ordeal? Or are u just going by Claenoic?

Also, I'm probably going to do the first post soon. It probably going to be under the title of "Moria RPG".
Old 05-07-2002, 09:22 PM   #10
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Alright, I just posted the first entry and its under the name of "Bree to Moria"

I just noticed though for Tar-Elendil, perhaps you could be like my partner of sorts because much of the beginning is going to be centered on Bree. Maybe you could have been sent latter by another commanding officer to help me, but you'd still be a nephew to King Eldarion and you'd still lead the Gondorians once we got to Moria. I was just thinking that because unless you want to be later in the story, you probably wouldn't come in till we got to Moria, but its entirely up to you.

And just to tell you guys, you can come in anytime you want in the story, as long as you don't complete mess up the plot line. I don't like doing the whole, you come in here and you come in here thing. It's up to you.
Old 05-07-2002, 09:25 PM   #11
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

i could be a man of gondor in your company until i introduce my own character possibly..when will we be startin this rpg?
Old 05-07-2002, 09:32 PM   #12
Tar-Elendil
Númenorean

err, i mean just a dude not fromm gondor, whatever
Old 05-07-2002, 09:45 PM   #13
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Yup, pretty much

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Claenoic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 10:06 PM   #14
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

You can count me in. You may call me Eäráng, an Elf of Valinor.
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 01:59 AM   #15
aZnLiTTleD
Hobbit

My first post here. I'll try my best so that'll be my first roleplay here too. I'll join.

Name: Dai, a man from Numenor
Eyes: Dark Brown
Hair: Fair dark brown
Appearance: Wears light armor with a blue cloak. Carries a long sword and rides a black steed.
Personality: Kind and caring, but skillful with his sword and will wield it to fight for his beliefs. Quiet and monotone. He has a strategic mind and loves to use it. He spends his time preparing his sword and caring for his steed while thinking about home.
History: His father left before he was born and was never heard of again. His mother died after giving birth to him. He was adopted by an old man named Agares who trained him with a sword until he himself died. Dai then left his town and wandered middle earth.

I have a pic I drew in paint of him. He is good enough for me. I made the armor not look light though. Only bad thing.

Last edited by aZnLiTTleD : 05-10-2002 at 02:05 AM.
aZnLiTTleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 03:39 PM   #16
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

Don't worry aZnLiTTleD, your post didn't suck. Have some more confidence in yourself

Also, I changed my charcter's age to be eighteen because I felt old. Now only if the rest of you guys would begin to post
Old 05-10-2002, 07:39 PM   #17
aZnLiTTleD
Hobbit

Thanks, yours didn't either. Why won't more people post? It's kinda hard to have everyone on the journey if no one kinda introduces themselves.
aZnLiTTleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2002, 10:30 PM   #18
Eäráng
Elven Warrior

I shall not post about myself here, for I shall reveal myself in the future...
Eäráng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2002, 10:20 AM   #19
Handmaiden of Yavanna
Elven Warrior

We sure have a lot of people with balck hair so far. Except for our first good hobbit to post, come on the rest of you! This is turning out really good so far!
Old 05-11-2002, 06:31 PM   #20
Menelvagor
Elf Lord

I'll join. My character is a ranger, but I don't really know too much about him yet, with all the dark-looking people arriving maybe he'll watch the meeting at Bree, be suspicious, and decide to follow and watch them. His name is Maew (Sindarin- gull), but I'm not sure what he'll introduce himself as.
Menelvagor is offline   Reply With Quote