Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2000, 05:01 AM   #1
Pippin Skywalker

To Be Or Not To Be...No Not Hamlet...Casting!

I have a few casting "Questions" that I hope will spark up some interest (unless to my utmost dismay it has already been perused) and come to some knowledge as to what we WANT for these roles. First: ELROND- There has been little or no word on who is to play him....(some crazy buggers said David Bowie ) but aside from that..WHO would really fit the role? Well let's think of some requirments (suggestions are also welcome). Hair:Raven dark..greying a little bit. Eyes:Grey Height:I would imagine due to the common trait of being tall among elves...6'2-6'4? Personality:Soft spoken..very wise...a gentle yet highborn air. Any other thoughts are welcome! Next Up: EOWYN- Now HERE is a tough one...this role is also not yet cast (suuuuure Uma Thurman's rumoured...but hey....let's not be hasty okeeday?). I have doubts as to Mrs.Thurman's ability to pull this of...her acting is only so-so...really an unknown but GOOD actress is best.Peter Jackson choose CAREFULLY! Hair:Blonde Eyes-blue or grey Height-Tall Persona:A proud warrior maiden..yet able to show a soft side.... CASTING DOUBTS Well this is for those cast ALREADY.... Viggo Mortenson as Aragorn???I question this...would Townsend have been better?Hmmm..... AAAAnd Ethan Hawke as Faramir- That is one PATHETIC thing all those sorry hollywood buggers..cast a star make a buck! We don't NEEEEED that!Cast on merit PLEEEEAAASE! Ok guys...help me out here ....I have to pipe down