Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-28-2003, 12:11 PM   #61
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

"hem hem" drove me up the wall too! The teachers should have just swung for her i know i would have! lol!

I liked it when Fred and George turned the corridor into a swamp and none of the teachers would clear it up!lol!

I liked Fudge at the beginning of the 3rd book when he was helping Harry but he is such an evil b*...........anyway i was saying i really done't like him and Percy it is horrible that he has gone against his own family just coz of his job!

Harry is such a stroppy teenager in this one! lol!and that Luna is strange. I love Ginny in this book! She is really helpful and kind. Ron's reaction to her having a boyfriend cracked me up! lol!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 03:50 PM   #62
TheWhiteRider
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Varda Oiolosseo
"hem hem" drove me up the wall too! The teachers should have just swung for her i know i would have! lol!
yes I really wish Hagrid would have smacked her up a little as he was storming off, as he did take down other wizards. I would've loved to see her all black and blue.

"Begun, the Clone War has..."
~Yoda

"I can't see, as I'm facing your pitiful lies, don't have the strength, to carry your heavy load of lies."
~H.I.M.
TheWhiteRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 09:43 PM   #63
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by Tanoliel

It doesn't make sense, though. But we've seen that Dumbledore believes in giving people chances, so....
Do you think Malfoy is likely to change? Wow, what an interesting idea. I must think about that one.
I think it's a possibility. Maybe Draco is trying to live up be like his father when he's nasty etc, and because he is jealous of Harry. Not so much because that's what he's really like...*contemplates*

Have we seen any signs that Draco may turn over a new leaf?
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 01:52 AM   #64
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Linaewen
Have we seen any signs that Draco may turn over a new leaf?

i doubt it, hes the one who fuels harrys anger and probably gets the inside info on him for voldemort
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 11:26 AM   #65
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

It was great! I loved the book! I stayed up until 2 in the morning a few nights ago to finish it, and that is really unusual for me (I usually go to sleep at a reasonable tiime).

I don't think Draco could ever be good. You heaard what he said to Harry about his dad being caught, and all. If he was going to turn over a new leaf, I don't think he would have got so riled up, and all.

I was so sad when Sirius died. I got all chocked up, and that, again, is unusual for me. Fred and George where great, really. I tyhin Harry had some serious anger managment problems though. Oh well, I can hardly blame him (well I can but...) because he was kept in the dark about every thing for so long. And tehn at the end when he had a spaz attack (In dumbledours office) he was just upset that serious died.

The only thing I don't get is why he hated Snape so much more after that. I mean, Snape saved Harry's life pretty much (if anyone) and he tried to make Serious stay behind so, shouldn't harry be thanking him more then blaming him?
Lady of Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 11:34 AM   #66
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by Radagast The Brown
And I wanted to point Tonks as a very funny character. (I liked her hair )

Lol. Me too. (though I would personally pick orange hair, instead of the pink she often has).

Quote:
I hope Rowling won't take a holiday as she did after the 4th book and start writing the next one soon. I want the sixth to be published more one year max.!
Me too! If she does then.... I.... er..... will.... umm..... be very mad! I really hope she doesn't though. Right as soon as I finished (I actually fell asleep, but after I woke up again) I wondered when she was going to come out with teh sixth. I hope it will be as long. (And one of teh Weaslies better not die! Unless its Percy, then I don't mind).
Old 06-29-2003, 12:24 PM   #67
Elf Girl
Lurker

Why do you people want her to rush through it? I hope she takes her time, so book six is as good as it can be.
Elf Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 01:17 PM   #68
Lady of Rohan
Doughy Elf

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
Why do you people want her to rush through it? I hope she takes her time, so book six is as good as it can be.
I don't want her to rush through it, I just want it to be out in stores ASAP. By all means no, I don't want her to rush at all.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:04 PM   #69
Varda Oiolosseo
Tea Bag Queen

I agree.
I want it as soon as i can get it but if i have to wait 2 years for it then i'll happily wait 2 years for it.

I just hope that she won't finish it in a year (and i mean completely finish it and it's perfect and it's ready to publish) but decides to keep us waiting for another 2 years that will aggitate me!

I can't wait for it though!!!
Varda Oiolosseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 04:52 PM   #70
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

RE: Draco....

I don't expect--and I don't want--that he will have some sudden epiphany and be a good boy. That would be dumb. But I think that we might begin to see signs that he's not so happy with his chosen career path...
Also (I'm sorry if I get all psycho-analytical on you here), he does get riled up easily by Harry and everyone else, defends himself over little things that are hardly worth talking about, and does his absolute best to inflate his own ego and make himself the coolest kid around. This to me says something big....he's very unhappy. I can tell.

I think it would be very very cool if in book six, or more likely seven, Draco and Harry had to work together to do something important...not like a school project, like something big for the Order or Dumbledore, or to defeat Moldy-warts.
That would make me happy.

tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 05:20 PM   #71
Silpion
Elven Warrior

Quote:
posted by the Lady of Rohan
The only thing I don't get is why he hated Snape so much more after that. I mean, Snape saved Harry's life pretty much (if anyone) and he tried to make Serious stay behind so, shouldn't harry be thanking him more then blaming him?
I believe Harry hates Snape because he needs someone to blame for Sirius' death and Snape is an easy target because they have never gotten along. It doesn't make any logical sense, of course, because Snape in his way is trying to help. I don't think, at this point, that Harry is looking at the situation with logic or from the viewpoint that Snape is on the good side. He is just focusing on how Snape was a former Death Eater, he's in Slytherin, Harry knew Sirius wanted to help out more but couldn't which Snape also was aware of and kept pointing it out, and finally Snape is alive and Sirius is not.
I also think that there could also be some feelings of guilt on Harry's part because he was tricked into thinking Sirius needed help. And instead of saving Sirius, events led to Sirius' death.
Silpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 01:07 AM   #72
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Has anyone checked out paragraph 3 on page 242?

I don't believe I've ever heard that verb used in that manner before. You learn new things every day.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 01:09 AM   #73
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

in what version?
I AM CANADIAN

Old 06-30-2003, 01:16 AM   #74
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

That's a perfectly proper (if unusual) use of that word. It is a bit funny though. It's not as bad as her use of "snogging" when discussing Kreacher the house elf and someone's pants.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 01:29 AM   #75
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
in what version?
It's on the hardbound edition by the american publishers Scholastic.

And yes, Khamûl, I believe now that I've heard it used before in that manner by my aunt when she was livid about the road construction in our area.

Like I said, you learn new things everyday.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...

Last edited by Arathorn : 06-30-2003 at 01:35 AM.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:31 AM   #76
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn
It's on the Scholastic hardbound version.

damn i have the raincoast edition
I AM CANADIAN

Old 06-30-2003, 03:01 AM   #77
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Okay, stop being meanies and quote it for the benefit of those who don't have scholastic books.

Edit: Hi Arathorn! (Me BoP.)

Last edited by Sheeana : 06-30-2003 at 03:03 AM.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 03:12 AM   #78
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
Okay, stop being meanies and quote it for the benefit of those who don't have scholastic books.

Edit: Hi Arathorn! (Me BoP.)
BoP!!! <hugs her and gives her lotsa Spice Melange>

Anyway, here's the quote (and it's from a children's book so I guess it's ok except as a spoiler):
"We're not going to use magic?" Ron ejaculated loudly.

To the mods and amins, feel free to edit them out as I wasn't really quite sure whether I can post them. But it is funny, as Khamûl says.

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...

Last edited by Arathorn : 06-30-2003 at 03:24 AM.
Old 06-30-2003, 09:51 AM   #79
Millane
The Dude

well well well im very impressed, im glad she didnt skim on the dark side of things this book... ummm ill do this in points
1. Dudley was a champ and i sorta thought Harry was a wimp with his wand, i nearly cheered when 'Dudley dropped him, but Harrys taunts made up for that
2. Harry's detentions with Umbridge were very nice, very honorable of Harry to take it like that, would have been more of an impact if he wrote GET ****ED WENCH! or something along those lines.
3. Hagrid was a champ when he started beating the wizards. Reminded me of Bigwig charging at the crow yelling Cowards because the crow was attacking Pipkin and Fiver.
4. Sirius was great. Didnt deserve death but in the same way the Priest didnt, it was for the best
5. I loved the brutality of the Giants and if they conveniantely 'edit' that from the movies for the kiddies i will scream.
6. Poor Grawpy should have feasted on the centaurs.
7. Neville is awesome this book. Copped a boot to the face and still kept on fighting.
8. Fred and George were again very amusing (especially when Fred beat Draco down ) Fred and George should beat Percy.
9. Ron should have abused his powers and taken every point Slytherin earned...
10. Nymphadora made me laugh heheheh im so childish
11. I can picture Ainsley Harriot playing Kingsley.
as far as what becomes of Draco... well Lucius will die, cant claim Imperius curse twice now can he?, hopefully the captured Death Eaters will be given to Grawp to play with, or face execution by Hagrids crossbow (when will he use that thing???) but more likely they will be killed by Voldemort thus turning Draco against him and free to join Harry in a good old fasioned witch hunt. Bellatrix is Voldemorts lover in my opinion and it could well end (as sick as it sounds) in a Hitler/Eva Braun situation...
Old 06-30-2003, 01:53 PM   #80
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn
BoP!!! <hugs her and gives her lotsa Spice Melange>

Anyway, here's the quote (and it's from a children's book so I guess it's ok except as a spoiler):
"We're not going to use magic?" Ron ejaculated loudly.

To the mods and amins, feel free to edit them out as I wasn't really quite sure whether I can post them. But it is funny, as Khamûl says.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!has anyone even protested that?thats hilarious! ROFLMAO
I AM CANADIAN