Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2004, 10:35 PM   #1
Fimbrethil
My microwave speaks to me

Location: Having conversations with my major household appliances.
A prediciton game

If you'd like to know where this all began go to the "Harry destined to die?" thread and read mine and Lizra's post close to the bottom of the first page (currently the only page).
I think that if everyone will participate in this it'll turn out to be a good debate reference point. What we do is taking the last two books (a book at a time) we assign chapters to people, I'm thinking 5 to 10 depending on how many of you join, whoever gets the chapters makes a prediction and then posts it. Taking one prediciton at a time we all then give our oppions on it and agree on a set prediction that can then not be changed. Example: Lizra says in, Chapter two Book 6, Harry will die (don't hate me this is an example) Elf Girl and Fimbrethil and Sirirgorn then say no Dumbldore will, the magority wins and providing Lizra's ego isn't hurt we move to the rest of her predictions. (Sorry) Working our way to the last chapter. If you'd like to post links to why you gave some of those perdictions feel free...that way we won't have to laugh at the sillyness of Dumbldore dieing in Chapter 2 of Book 6.
Now, since you know how I'm going to try to organize this and then keep it running we have to get it started. I think the first thing to do is to get people to join. I'm in, anyone else? Please join...I'll feel like an idiot if you don't. After that everyone who has joined will have to agree on the number of chapters there will be. If and when you join go ahead and say how many chapters you think there will be in Book 6 and once we agree we'll go from there assigning chapters (first come first serve).
At the end of the sixth book perdictions and once everyone has, more or less, read the whole book we get togther and see how much we got right. And laugh at the stuff we got wrong. What do you guys say?
Yes sir, yes sir. Three bags full.

I'll be gone for a while. But never fear! "I shall return anon!"

Last edited by Fimbrethil : 05-30-2004 at 10:40 PM.
Fimbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote