Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-31-2002, 12:30 PM   #1
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Schnoogle!

Okay, this thread is for those avid Schnooglers among us, to discuss Harry Potter fanfiction in general and Schnoogle in particular. My favorites (so far) are:

The Draco Trilogy, by Cassie Claire (Draco Dormiens, Draco Sinister, Draco Veritas)

Draco Malfoy, the Amazing Bouncing....Rat?, by Maya

The Marks We Bear, by Marysia

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit, by Priestess of Avalon

Study Breaks, by Kali

Those are all I can think of off the top of my head, I'll add more later when I have more time.

Dance as though nobody's watching.
Sing as though nobody's listening.
Dream as though you'll live forever.
Live as though you'll die tomorrow.

EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMEDDCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO and proud!

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
TinuvielChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 01:16 PM   #2
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Yay!
I am absolutely in love with the Draco trilogy. It's kind of sad, really, if I think about it...so I don't! I love the way she writes Draco...and I'm DYING over here for DV9! Grrrargh!
I also just read "Draco Malfoy, The Amazing Bouncing...Rat?" and that's great too. Heh.
Methinks we need more people on this thread, eh TC?
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 02:49 PM   #3
Mirahzi
Elf Lord

I'm still reading DS9.. long way to go. So far, I've encountered more snogging than I'm accustomed too
I'm even using the word 'snog'..
Old 07-31-2002, 07:28 PM   #4
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Oh, get used to the snogging, dear.
I know. I've started picking up brit-speak, not only from Cassie Claire, but also Al and Diana Wynne Jones, who is NOT a fanfic author. She's a regular author, and I'm shutting up now, because this is off topic.
Yeah. So get used to snogging. You'll even get some shagging later on....*smirk*
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Old 08-01-2002, 03:21 AM   #5
Mirahzi
Elf Lord

Brit's seem to have better expressions than Americans.. and we call ourselves civillized.

Agh.. I can deal with snogging.. barely. But shagging is a bit, well, not my thing.
Old 08-01-2002, 11:46 AM   #6
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Shagging...how many people can I think of in the Draco trilogy? Ron and Mystery Girl (I'll call her that until you get to DV8, Mirahzi, and find out who she really is), Harry and Hermione (?) (not sure if they shag yet), Draco and any female (okay, not really, but that's his personality). Argh, too many fanfics clogging up my brain. You want shagging? The Marks We Bear by Marysia contains much shagging. It's a Draco/Harry slash fic, but a good one. Also! One of my friends, the one who got me hooked on Schnoogle in the first place, wrote 2 fics so far under the name of Belladonna (on The Dark Arts). They're really short, and I keep waiting for her to post her really good one, called The Sweetest Poison. It's long. Me loves Schnoogle.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 08-01-2002, 12:11 PM   #7
Daughter of Elros

Schnoogle Rocks! (sorry- just had to say that.) anyway. Also- if you see "the sweetest Posion" By Belladonna, bith TC and I know the person who wrote it- as of what i've read so far, V. V. Good
Daughter of Elros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 01:53 PM   #8
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I think, TC, that Mirahzi didn't want shagging.
Right, Ron and Mystery Girl...heh. EG is going crazy because she wants to know who Mystery Girl is. Like I'm going to tell her.
Hey, have you read anything by Al? His work is REALLY good! Just go to his author page and read....just about everything.
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 08-01-2002, 02:07 PM   #9
Mirahzi
Elf Lord

Shagging.. o.O
Err.. is the Mystery Girl Fleur? Must know.. can't wait 13 more chapters..
Old 08-01-2002, 03:27 PM   #10
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Yes, I kind of figured from Mirahzi's posts that she didn't like shagging. And no, Mirahzi, Mystery Girl is not Fleur. Not telling you unless you beg real hard. I sort of started reading Snitch! but the first chapter or so wasn't that great, although I've heard that the rest of it is awesome, and I kinda stopped. So maybe I'll go back and read it. I like the gangstah! Harry and slut! Draco image, though.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 08-01-2002, 04:23 PM   #11
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Okay, okay, I yield. I just went back to Snitch! and picked up where I left off. Me likes, me cannot stop reading it, me is waiting for Belladonna to post Sweetest Poison, yada ya.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 08-01-2002, 08:46 PM   #12
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Me is telling you that Mirahzi is a male, and though he is quite in touch with his feminine side, probably would still like to be known in company as his original gender, neh? *grins*
Yeah, I like Snitch! too! Well....I have a little bit of me that's Canon!Tano, so to speak...but the rest is all for it, and I squash Canon!Tano all the time, so there's that.
I also really love "Draco Malfoy, the Amazing Bouncing...Rat?"It's SO funny...I love him dancing to the "Insects...or Beetles or whatever..."

Crazy!Tano *grin*

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 08-02-2002, 01:48 AM   #13
Mirahzi
Elf Lord

Ah, it's all the same to me. I suppose I prefer 'he' as opposed to 'she,' but really, I don't care. I've got confidence in my masculinity, whether or not other people don't. Yeah, you know who you are. Besides, I'm not the one who goes about hopping on hill-tops singing about Tim Curry in leather.. *shudder*

Could you define 'begging real hard?' By the way.. is the Mystery Girl Ginny? Or Hermione?
Old 08-02-2002, 11:49 AM   #14
TinuvielChild
Padawan

Oooops... I apologize, Mirahzi! Well....when you guess who the Mystery Girl is, you're really close with Hermione. What do you think, tano, should I reveal all with the whole Mystery Girl deal?

btw, I originally thought BoP was a guy. Don't feel too bad, I suck at guessing genders.

FRODO LIVES!!!!!
Old 08-02-2002, 12:54 PM   #15
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

No! NO! NONONONONONONONO!
Er....no?
Don't tell him anything.
Make hime read to the very end, yes precious....we must make him read to the end....
Spoiling suprises no good for anything anyone anywhere.
No telling.
Nyah.

*grin*
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 08-02-2002, 03:10 PM   #16
Mirahzi
Elf Lord

Don't listen to her, TC, she's crazy, evil, and short!

Ok.. so does Hermione have a sister? Is it Lavender Brown? Or Cho? Hermione doesn't clone herself, does she?

It's alright.. so far, being a guy has been pretty boring anyways.
Old 08-02-2002, 08:25 PM   #17
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Crazy? Yes....Evil? Oh, yes...Short?
So What?
Look What Napoleon Did. *grin*
See, People Think Short Ones Can't Accomplish As Much, So They Underestimate Short Ones. Therefore, I Can Get More Done. Heh.
No, Hermione does not clone herself...no, I'm not telling you who it is. So there. *sticks out tongue and waggles it in an annoying manner*

I'm getting a rat!
I'm so excited!
Hey, TC--if it was a male, I might name it Draco Malfoy. Or Maybe Fluffy. But it's not (I think I'm calling her Ophelia).
-tano

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 08-02-2002, 08:49 PM   #18
Mirahzi
Elf Lord

Napoleon was
a) Male
b) French and
c) Smart enough not to mess with me.

You are none of the above.

Do you bite your thumb at me, sir?

I'll find out eventually who this Mystery Girl is..
Old 08-04-2002, 07:07 PM   #19
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirahzi

Do you bite your thumb at me, sir?
Damn straight I do. And I'll do more than that, if you mess with me.

-the goddess

Food Of The Gods:

Feed Me....

Old 08-04-2002, 07:20 PM   #20
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Excuse me! I believe you are all forgetting the best of HP fanfiction, the Insanity series by Spamwarrior. How could you forget those? They're hilarious! I read the first story and a half of the Draco Trilogy and I didn't really like it all that much. Guess I'm just not a Draco fan. I enjoyed the first one but I just couldn't get into the second one.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote