Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-06-2004, 03:51 PM   #1
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by gollum9630
what, me telling you. he was gonna anyways, but he wasnt allowed on the computer because our mom was so pissed so i posted it for him
I mean it was cold that his friend ratted him out.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 05:24 PM   #2
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
My thoughts? Pretty freakin' cold.

god am i ever slow i thought you were talkin about the weather or somethin . my friend was smoking with my other friend whose parents dont care and he could of said he got weed from him, my friend said he could of cared less he said it, he was already calling window seat in the cop car.
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 05:31 PM   #3
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
god am i ever slow i thought you were talkin about the weather or somethin . my friend was smoking with my other friend whose parents dont care and he could of said he got weed from him, my friend said he could of cared less he said it, he was already calling window seat in the cop car.
So, did you actually get busted? Or what?
Old 01-06-2004, 08:09 PM   #4
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
I mean it was cold that his friend ratted him out.

oh, i thought u meant it was cold that i posted it here, which u guessed already

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 11:17 PM   #5
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
So, did you actually get busted? Or what?
well my friend(josh the guy who ratted me out) and my other friend dustin got busted and dustin was okay with it but josh was freakin out and so he said i got him the weed(which i did) but dustin said he could tell his mom he got it for him but he told his mom i did and that i always supply him which i dont, but whatever its all behind me
I AM CANADIAN

Old 01-07-2004, 01:14 AM   #6
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
god am i ever slow i thought you were talkin about the weather or somethin .
See kids? Don't do drugs.

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 11:57 AM   #7
gollum9630
Canadian Guy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Khamûl
See kids? Don't do drugs.
he was slow even before he did drugs

Wierd Harry Potter quotes

the old nintendo duck hunt game

Lemmings

Swron

Random Homer Simpson Quotes
gollum9630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 02:50 PM   #8
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by gollum9630
he was slow even before he did drugs
so hes even slower now?

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 03:04 PM   #9
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
so hes even slower now?
oh... sad... very sad.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:33 PM   #10
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

wait is this all about me j/k. i was pretty slow to begin with and i dont think weed has made me slower just more chill
I AM CANADIAN

Old 01-07-2004, 09:43 PM   #11
Sminty_Smeagol
Manic Cardboard-Box Dweller

Re: Re: smokers

Quote:
I don't think of myself as "cool" or uncool. It has nothing to do with whether or not I smoke pot or not. And I don't consider the people that I smoke pot with either cool or uncool. It's just whether they are good people or not.

Yeah, I'm with you on the "broke loser" pot-head types. I've known a few and managed to avoid being one. When something you enjoy on occasion becomes your only obsession or goal in life (i.e., constantly on the look for a score) then you become a "broke loser" because you aren't really enjoying the rest that life has to offer you. When that happens to you, you lose your identy and begin to conform to a certain stereotype. You live up to the label that that the "hypocritical, judgemental, self-righteous, egotistical... Christians" has for anyone who smokes weed.
I know I replied to this already but yeah. re-reading some posts her and I guess I didn't really address it. I *don't* do the whole 'cool people have these traits' and 'uncool people have these traits'-in terms of clothing, status, looks, popularity and such. Losers(as labeled by society.... the people pretty people dont talk to) are some of the coolest people, beautiful people really. Awesome, if they had better looks and in result better social skills they could be really... I dunno... Many of them who don't try to aspire to what society says is cool... wonderful character. Individuals. I like helping them out a little.... especially with the guys. A little female interaction and encouragement that isn't pushing on them to be like the mainstream, 'popular' kids can do wonders. A lot of the guys are still stuck in the 'well girls would like me if I acted THIS way', because, well, a lot of girls are superficial like that. I know some kickass kids who are wayyy underappreciated.

I mean for me I think someone is cool if I respect them for their minds and personality. The very few kids my age who, that I know of, actually think and are deep (and not full of bs just to sound smart) or not conforming to what other people expect them to be like... most of these kids smoke pot. I don't know why. Maybe they have a harder time with being in the environment of someone their ages, dunno. Yeah you're probably like well you must be pretty stupid to wilingly hurt your body/lungs/whatever. I guess that means they dont really care. Eating cake is bad for you...

The only reason I'm a broke smoker is because I'd be broke anyways, whether I smoke or not. I'm too young for a job and I make money doing chores around the house, which I reedily spend on cd's or cheap jewelry anyways. So buying a blunt a week makes me broke for that week....

I dunno what my deal is. I'm pretty much sexaphobic but when it comes to everything else, I don't really care. I'll probably stop indulging in pot at all, eventually. But sometimes it's all I can do to keep my brain from eating itself

Last edited by Sminty_Smeagol : 01-07-2004 at 10:08 PM.
Sminty_Smeagol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 10:00 PM   #12
Ruinel
Banned

Sminty, you brought up some good points. To see beyond the physical is a precious gift. Beauty is inside.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:28 PM   #13
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Decriminalizing marijuana

I had a smoke before the Two Towers Premiere in Dec 2002 when Luthien, some 17 year old cutie dressed up for the costume contest (An a winner by the way) lit up and passed it to me. Suddenly it was 1976 again... when the de-criminalization debate and all was going on then. Many states de-criminalized it, and today with the current medical aspects being passed in the states it has given rise to the debate again.

The trouble is the feds have it as a schedule 1 narcotic, so that over-rules any state laws when push comes to shove in court.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:11 PM   #14
Snowdog

For my 420th post I though tI would bump this fine discussion.
Old 02-16-2005, 04:13 PM   #15
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog
For my 420th post I though tI would bump this fine discussion.
good choice, snowdog
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:44 PM   #16
Snowdog

Thanks.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:03 PM   #17
Ragnarok
Rohirrim Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog
That poster ... ... damn propaganda.
Ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:34 PM   #18
Alcuin
Salt Miner

This thread began over 17 years ago. (Didn’t think about how long Entmoot has been running, did you?) It ran strongly for about 46 months, and has since been quiet. Time for a little review.

When last the thread ran, marijuana decriminalization was controversial, to say the least. Now it appears to be coming to a conclusion, though exactly when and how is another matter.

First, it is noteworthy that as of January 9, 2019, ten states in the United States along with the District of Columbia have legalized marijuana. Seven years ago, in 2012, Rasmussen Polling reported that nearly 9 of 16 people in the United States favored legalizing and regulating its use. Yesterday in Kentucky, Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) was featured in photographs standing in a field of hemp.

McConnell’s support is telling on several levels. Marijuana was restricted in the United States by the Federal government through the Marihuana Tax Act of 1937 and again by the Controlled Substances Act of 1970. Hemp was the major agricultural product of Kentucky until it was outlawed, its principal use being rope, particularly for rigging on ships: in 1943, production in Kentucky reached 52,000 acres (over 21,000 hectares). In 2014, the Obama Administration seized the hemp seed stockpile of the Kentucky Department of Agriculture, which Kentucky contested in court.

In this coming week, the US House of Representatives will debate two bills that propose to legalize marijuana. McConnell, who opposes the Democratic-controlled House leadership on a number of critical issues, not least of which is their party-line impeachment of President Trump, has strongly signaled his support for legalizing hemp.

And yet, at the same time, the Federal government is increasingly restricting the sale of tobacco, raising the minimum age for purchasing tobacco to 21. This matches the age American citizens must reach before they can legally purchase or consume alcohol. You can join the Army and be killed at age 18, or 17 with your parents’ permission, but you can neither purchase nor consume alcohol or tobacco in this country. You can vote for public servants, run for public office, and sign over your entire future to charlatan legal wizards, but you’d better not enjoy a cigarette or a beer!

The recent faux panic over vaping, in which electronic cigarettes were falsely blamed for damaging lungs by the Centers for Disease Control, is a sign that manufactured fear is driven more by political ends than by solid research. Even the CDC’s website on this subject requires that you read far down into the page to find updates that demonstrate its initial reaction was based not upon good medicine, but upon political expediency.

Given the number of serious failures by government and mass media in this country and others, it is increasingly clear that our “betters” are not only not better than their fellow citizens, they appear to be much worse. One wonders what is yet to come.
Alcuin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:45 AM   #19
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

I'm not at all crazy about legalization. Yet here I am living in Colorado, which legalized several years ago. And... my long home of Illinois has just legalized recreational marijuana, as of January 1, 2020.

When I moved west 4-1/2 years ago, I first tried to find a job in Colorado... I knew it somewhat, while the rest of the west was a complete unknown. I ended up in Casper, WY... and I was really glad for a time that it worked out that way. Seeing the changes in Colorado (not just the legalization - but the population explosion, and the difficulties with traffic and other infrastructure along the front range due to fast increases in population), I decided at the time that I would NEVER move to Colorado.

Well... we now know how that worked out. Just about like me NEVER wanting to move to Chicago for most of my college years. Watch out young folks... never say NEVER!

Anyway... states look at legalizing marijuana as a way to increase revenue. I'm concerned about the costs... hidden costs and social costs as well as costs that are more measurable. I think it's a mistake... one that we're making all across this country.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:36 AM   #20
Salohvise
Banned

They have a lot of different opinions it's nice !

Last edited by Salohvise : 02-20-2021 at 09:38 AM.
Salohvise is offline   Reply With Quote