Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 11:24 PM   #21
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Trolls' Bane & Meriadoc, you guys know how to upload your photos and share them here online, right? Trolls' bane, I know for sure that you know how. I would absolutely love to see some of your macro shots! And I bet littleadanel would really dig on the butterfly; her and Butterbeer. Show us!!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 03-19-2006, 11:37 PM   #22
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

I wish it was that easy... I haven't had my film processed. And I mean NONE of the film I've ever used processed. NOTHING.
And that's another two weeks or so before I do. I'm gonna need to set up a separate account just for my photography, because I don't want my "good" pictures mixed up with my cheap digital camera ones from before I knew what was a good photo op.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:05 AM   #23
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

But when you plug your camera into your computer with a USB cable, and transfer the images to a program on your computer, can't you then just use ImageSjhack to upload them and the rest would be history? You wouldn't need a scanner or anything, not with a dig cam - just plug the camera itself straight into your computer, and let your images download. Right? Is your digital camera anything like mine, where you can do this? Surely you can plug it in with a USB cable, no?

Old 03-20-2006, 12:19 AM   #24
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
But when you plug your camera into your computer with a USB cable, and transfer the images to a program on your computer, can't you then just use ImageSjhack to upload them and the rest would be history? You wouldn't need a scanner or anything, not with a dig cam - just plug the camera itself straight into your computer, and let your images download. Right? Is your digital camera anything like mine, where you can do this? Surely you can plug it in with a USB cable, no?
I don't think you realize what I'm saying. It's not a digital camera. It's a 35mm single-lens reflex. I do have a digital camera, I use my dad's in fact from time to time, but the one that has my photographs on it has a dead battery and my dad lost the AC adaptor a long time ago, so I have to charge it before using it.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:26 AM   #25
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

So charge it! And use it! Are you saying you cannot charge it because your dad's charger is missing? What make & model of dig cam is it, anyway, your dad's one? Now, I do understand about your normal camera & photographs being inaccessible; that would mean you'd need a scanner at the very least, but I don't use a scanner so I don't even know how that process goes.

Old 03-20-2006, 12:30 AM   #26
trolls' bane

Quote:
So charge it! And use it! Are you saying you cannot charge it because your dad's charger is missing? What make & model of dig cam is it, anyway, your dad's one? Now, I do understand about your normal camera & photographs being inaccessible; that would mean you'd need a scanner at the very least, but I don't use a scanner so I don't even know how that process goes.
Well, the photos don't require a scanner, because now days they can put photographs from film onto disc somehow, which I plan to do because it's much cheaper than spending a lot of money on prints when many probably won't come out the way I expected.
As to the digital camera, no the charger is not missing, the battery (which, of course, is not a simple two double-A setup) is on the charger now. But if the AC adaptor was still around, I wouldn't have to wait twenty or so hours for it to charge.
Edit: It's an Olympus, that's all I know.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:57 AM   #27
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Well, Olympus is an awesome company, so you're already on the right track. When the battery has become fully charged, and you can again engage the camera, make sure you have a USB camera-to-computer cable so that you can transfer the images you take from the Olympus into your computer there. This means, of course, that you'd have to take new pics to show us, rather than pull up from your own previous archive and portfolio/s of your photographs, but it's going to be just as exciting, I think, to see your new photos this way, as to see your older stuff. Show us! We'll wait for the ol' Olympus battery to recharge.

Old 03-20-2006, 01:11 AM   #28
trolls' bane

Quote:
Well, Olympus is an awesome company, so you're already on the right track. When the battery has become fully charged, and you can again engage the camera, make sure you have a USB camera-to-computer cable so that you can transfer the images you take from the Olympus into your computer there. This means, of course, that you'd have to take new pics to show us, rather than pull up from your own previous archive and portfolio/s of your photographs, but it's going to be just as exciting, I think, to see your new photos this way, as to see your older stuff. Show us! We'll wait for the ol' Olympus battery to recharge.
I will make an attempt now. I think the battery will last long enough to upload the pictures. I don't generally use an olympus though, and I have no plans of switching to digital anytime in the forseeable future, because of the low quality of even the highest quality digital images when compared to the superb resoloution of 35mm film. They say you have to have 12 or 13 megapixel to compare to even ASA 400 film.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:15 AM   #29
trolls' bane

No such luck...the charger wasn't plugged in.
Old 03-20-2006, 01:33 AM   #30
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Well then plug the friggin' thing in!! In the meantime, as long as it takes, I'll wait patiently to have the opportunity to see some of your photographs, trolls' bane. Whenever you can upload them. I really look forward to it!

Old 03-20-2006, 01:37 AM   #31
trolls' bane

Quote:
Well then plug the friggin' thing in!! In the meantime, as long as it takes, I'll wait patiently to have the opportunity to see some of your photographs, trolls' bane. Whenever you can upload them. I really look forward to it!
Remind me. I'll try tomorrow.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:38 AM   #32
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
I actually have photography question.

A 3xZoom that i have. How far away does that allow an object to be without it turning fuzzy?
Old 03-20-2006, 02:43 AM   #33
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
I actually have photography question.

A 3xZoom that i have. How far away does that allow an object to be without it turning fuzzy?
Infinitely far. All lenses, when you focus them, have an infinity setting, where anything beyond a certain distance is in focus when it's set for infinity. It's close-up things you have to worry about.
Oh, wait, my bad. I misunderstood your post. Sorry, can't help. Wait, what's the minimum meter/feet or whatever setting on your focus ring? It's a zoom lens? What is the shortest zoom length?
Old 03-20-2006, 02:45 AM   #34
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Infinitely far. All lenses, when you focus them, have an infinity setting, where anything beyond a certain distance is in focus when it's set for infinity. It's close-up things you have to worry about.
Oh, wait, my bad. I misunderstood your post. Sorry, can't help. Wait, what's the minimum meter/feet or whatever setting on your focus ring? It's a zoom lens? What is the shortest zoom length?
It's 6.3 - 19.2 mm and then something about 1:3,2 - 5,3
Old 03-20-2006, 02:58 AM   #35
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
It's 6.3 - 19.2 mm and then something about 1:3,2 - 5,3
That latter must be the focal ratio...Hmm...I wonder what that means? Actually, it's sounding like an ultra-wide angle from the description...I'll sleep on it. (*OUCH!*)
Old 03-20-2006, 08:28 AM   #36
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

Bees make great subjects.

And Lotesse's cityscape pic reminded me of these shots from last year...

Old 03-20-2006, 08:35 AM   #37
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound
but it's more interesting to have someone stand motionless among the moving for a cool shot.
Ooh, that reminds me of this one. After sunset, with a six second exposure.

Old 03-20-2006, 09:21 AM   #38
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
That latter must be the focal ratio...Hmm...I wonder what that means? Actually, it's sounding like an ultra-wide angle from the description...I'll sleep on it. (*OUCH!*)
Thanks, TB. Awayt yer anser.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #39
Elanor's Angel
Elf Lord

Location: Hiding under my bed reading LOTR at 1:43am, Middle earth (Seattle WA)
This is awesome! I am asking for a digital camera for my b-day. i'm actually thinking of getting an olympus because my cousin as one and it rocks. She just takes out the memory card and plugs it into her printer, then she edits the photos on her computer...it's realy cool....

Vote Trolls' Bane/Elanor's Angel 2008!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 11:23 AM   #40
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Rev, you must be Anduril! I remember that gorgeous picture!

How's the dog and the car? You had the cutest little dog!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Closed Thread