Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-11-2000, 12:54 AM   #1
Michael Martinez

Episode II news...don't know if it's elsewhere

I won't explain why I found myself watching Rosie O'Donnell today, but fortunately I did, and Samuel L. Jackson appeared on the show. He spoke a little bit about Star Wars and said he had seen George Lucas on a previous broadcast of Rosie O'Donnell where Lucas said Windu would figure prominently in the second movie.

Jackson said he didn't know the details yet (he hasn't seen the script), but the stunt coordinator on a film he just finished shooting ("Shaft", which also stars Richard Roundtree, reprising his role from the early 1970s Shaft movies) is also the Star Wars coordinator. He told Jackson to expect some videos of the kinds of moves he'll have to learn for the second movie.

Jackson also mentioned the "Jedi wars" which will occur in the third movie. Although we all know Anakin will turn to the Dark Side of the Force and help hunt down the Jedi, it sounds like there may a LOT of action in the third movie.
Old 04-11-2000, 02:00 AM   #2
bmilder

Re: Episode II news...don't know if it's elsewhere

Cool . I've also heard that Lucas confirmed that we would see Yoda fighting with his lightsaber and would see "why he is considered a master" .

Between SW and LotR, these next few years are going to be great for films! I only wish all this stuff could come out tomorrow
Old 04-11-2000, 11:13 AM   #3
anduin

Patience young Jedi.....
Old 04-11-2000, 07:51 PM   #4
adidas96

I'm saying it now...Episode III will be the best SW movies ever!. Think about it...clone wars might still be going on...creation of the galactic empire...anakin in a lightsaber deul with ben...anakin falling into the pit...palpatine making him Vader...jedi wars...death of amidala...birth of luke and leia...aalderan playing a big role possibly...luke going to dagobah (this is hinted when luke first arrives on dagobah in ESB)...finding out how yoda ended up on dagobah...and much more. Obviosly, this will be the best SW movie ever. Can anyone disagree with that? I dont think so. Since when has so many things taken place in a SW movie?
Old 04-20-2000, 10:55 PM   #5
Gwaihir

Maybe, just maybe it would be better if we waited until the movie is released before we make a final judgement.

David
Old 04-22-2000, 05:09 PM   #6
KvanB

...that is the reason I keep coming back....
Old 04-22-2000, 11:52 PM   #7
Brewhaha

Some more...

Doesin't the attack on Calamari by the new empire occur in episode 3 as well?