Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2001, 02:09 PM   #1
Miralys

Balance Point

I just got the new Star Wars novel by Kathy Tyers, Balance Point. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not as good as Zahn but then who is? :lol:

Anyways I was just wondering if any one else has read it yet. What did you think? And yes I am purposely trying to get some conversation going on this board.

I thought Tyers handled the Yuhzang Vong better than some of the previous authors. They stuck in my head as separate and distinct characters. The cliff hanger ending shocked me as well. This is the first book in the New Jedi Order that I am anxiously awaiting the sequel to.
Old 03-12-2001, 05:57 AM   #2
Lief Erikson

Re: Balance Point

I agree on all points, and am personally SHOCKED that no one has posted in this forum for a month.

I finished reading Balance Point four or five days ago, while I was on an, alas, only temporary vacation. Before reading it, I'd only read the first book, Vector Prime, therefore the sudden leap forward in what had happened gave me a little bit of a lurch. But the thing in the beginning brought me up to date, so that was pretty much fine.

I also anxiously await the next book. Is it out yet?
Old 03-19-2001, 10:06 PM   #3
Lief Erikson

Still no one posting here? No one else has read Balance Point? No one interested?

Ah well. At least it means that those few of us who are here are one big happy family. All in AGREEMENT!!! No CONTRAVERSY! HORRAH!
Old 03-20-2001, 07:24 PM   #4
Miralys

I don't know if it's out yet or not. I haven't been to the book store in a while. Anyone else know?

*makes mental note to stop by Barnes and Noble*
Old 03-21-2001, 09:41 PM   #5
Lief Erikson

(Clears his throat and speaks in an impressive, deep voice) Well, uhum, I hate to admit this, uh, but I do honestly believe that no one else is interested in posting here. :x