Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2004, 10:06 AM   #1
azalea
Long lost mooter

Post-Election Analysis

IMPORTANT: Read this entire post!

I closed the election thread, but I do feel there is room for a fresh new thread to discuss why the US presidential election went the way it did, the way the votes indicated the polarization of the country, and other such issues.

This is NOT a thread to discuss why it is "better" to be a liberal vs. conservative, etc., nor is it the place to criticize anyone else's personal political views. If you disagree with a statement, give a calm, organized response as to why you disagree. I am opening this in the hopes that we can maintain a civil atmosphere.

Sadly, I can't stay on right now to give my own views on the topic right now as I had wished, but I had tried to post this earlier and my phone lines went down; now I'm out of time for the moment. But I will be back on later to take part in the discussion. If someone wants to they can make a link to the other thread just for reference. The post from there that I think would make the best springboard for discussion here is the post IRex made regarding "moral values" (last page of that thread).

I will personally be "babysitting" this thread for the next couple of days, as well as the other mods and admins checking in (or taking part) when they can. This is up to you, guys. If you want political threads in GM, you need to ignore or REPORT posts you find personally offensive rather than respond. That way this can stay open.

I recommend re-reading the rules posts at the top of the forum before taking part in this thread so that you are clear on what is acceptable, etc.

See you later! Be good!
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote