(inoldonil, it can't be done)
Old 07-19-2001, 08:17 PM   #2
Inoldonil

Re: but

Thanks for letting me know
Old 07-20-2001, 06:53 PM   #3
Imrahill

Hello Elenna. Yes, Now I am a Prince, but Im reincarnated. In my prior lifetime, you knew me as the Captain of the Dwarfs. But, after a herioc death, Ive come back in a higher status, and on a mission by my King discuss the Master Tolkien and his storys, and not the politics of the land. *S* (Imrahill twirls his royal purple cape as he bows before those in the EntMoot.)
Old 07-20-2001, 08:46 PM   #4
Elenna

Hello to you Imrahill! Good to see you.

I love the little smiley faces that are really smiley faces!

Ya know, that Prince Imrahill was one of my favorite characters. Even though he didn't have too big of a part in the war of the ring, He struck me with awe, I wish that there was more of him, and not that he was rounder! You know what I mean.

See ya later Prince,

Elenna ~ Lady of the Stars :rollin:
Old 07-24-2001, 04:41 PM   #5
Prince Faramir

looks like

i started this all off, its meant to be in the post asking how frodo and gandalf would enter mordor, sorry...

and i stand by my point, gandals would have killed shelob quickly and relatively easily.
Old 07-24-2001, 07:00 PM   #6
bmilder

Re: looks like

Yeah, I've renamed this topic correctly, so hopefully confusion will stop now. I'm not sure, but I believe we will be able to merge the two topics together when we move to vBulletin.
Old 07-24-2001, 08:25 PM   #7
Elenna

Hello Bmilder! I am a lil new here.

When are we moving to Vbulliten? Is there a specific reason why?

Elenna
Old 07-24-2001, 10:53 PM   #8
bmilder

The move will probably occur sometime next month. Don't worry, all the posts will be imported to the new board, and we can manually transfer all your user information, so you'll hardly notice the change at all.

Check out this thread for more information. In a nutshell, we are doing it for more control over the board - notice the board is located at ezboard.com. With a VBulletin, it will be located on our own server at tolkientrail.com and we don't have to rely on any remote hosts.
Old 07-24-2001, 11:58 PM   #9
Elenna

Looks Good! Now I am excited all over again.

I liked Entmoot the moment I saw it, and I hope to stay. I will follow wherever you go.

Elenna ~ Lady of the Stars
Old 08-03-2001, 05:54 PM   #10
Prince Faramir

will

the links still be the same? or will we have to update our bookmarks?

also i hate it when people say:

"(which quite probably would have never happened)."

whats the point of a discussion forum if 'it probably would never have happened' we're debating and guessing here Inoldonil, shall i say that to every post when someone ponders what might have happend? write it off and forget it shall we? what a smashing board that would be then...

:|
Old 08-05-2001, 02:17 AM   #11
bmilder

Re: will

Depends what your bookmarks are set to. If they're set to the ezboard url, then yes, you will need to change it to the new url. However, if you're using one of the re-direction URLs - entmoot.cjb.net or www.entmoot.com for example - those will be pointed in the direction of the new board and you need not worry.

The move will probably be this week and it will be nearly seamless... all the posts will be imported and a good chunk of the members will be pre-registered for your convenience (as a guarantee you can keep your username).
Old 07-12-2001, 06:39 PM   #12
bmilder

How were Gandalf and Frodo going to enter Mordor?

If Gandalf hadn't fallen to the Balrog in Moria and the Quest had gone as planned, what was his method for getting into Mordor? Did he even have a plan? Would he go through Cirith Ungol and hope Shelob wasn't noticing?
Old 07-12-2001, 07:06 PM   #13
Turambar6

Re: How were Gandalf and Frodo going to enter Mordor?

I think Gandalf didn't know what he was going to do, he was probably making it up as he went along.
Old 07-12-2001, 07:47 PM   #14
Inoldonil

I don't know about making things up, but I agree Gandalf probably had not planned anything for sure beyond Lothlórien. I can't imagine what way they could have taken though.

I have a suspicion the River Poros when it met the Shadowy Mountains plunged underneath and entered some sort of a cave. But even it had led to the other side, that's much too far south.
Old 07-12-2001, 09:56 PM   #15
webwizard333

I bet Gandalf would have made quick work of Shelob. He took out that balrog. Shelob wouldn't have stood a chance. (Gandalf probably has held a grudge against giant spiders since the Ungliant/Melkor/Two Trees incident)
Old 07-12-2001, 09:56 PM   #16
brownjenkins

How were Gandalf and Frodo going to enter Mordor?

How about the eagles... they seemed to get to Mount Doom quick enough when it was rescue time...
Old 07-13-2001, 04:52 AM   #17
Shanamir Duntak

They eagles wouldnt have make it with the "increasing" weight of the ring when nearing Mount Doom.
Old 07-13-2001, 08:53 AM   #18
SauronDL

I agree with Wizard, he probably would have taken Cirith Ungol and blew away Shelob. But he definitely wouldn't have had the whole thing planned. He would have had to consider all situations that could affect their succession.
Old 07-13-2001, 01:33 PM   #19
Shanamir Duntak

I don't think so.

Gandalf is smarter than that. He knows that you can't plan everything from the start. You have to adjust to the unpredictable flow of time. No one can't accuratly state what everything will be. Altought he must had have a preference for a particular path.
Old 07-13-2001, 03:56 PM   #20
Finduilas

I doubt he would have chosen Cirith Ungol, given his reaction when Faramir told them that piece of news, but who knows.