Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-20-2001, 06:53 PM   #41
Imrahill

Re: but

Hello Elenna. Yes, Now I am a Prince, but Im reincarnated. In my prior lifetime, you knew me as the Captain of the Dwarfs. But, after a herioc death, Ive come back in a higher status, and on a mission by my King discuss the Master Tolkien and his storys, and not the politics of the land. *S* (Imrahill twirls his royal purple cape as he bows before those in the EntMoot.)
Old 07-20-2001, 08:46 PM   #42
Elenna

Re: but

Hello to you Imrahill! Good to see you.

I love the little smiley faces that are really smiley faces!

Ya know, that Prince Imrahill was one of my favorite characters. Even though he didn't have too big of a part in the war of the ring, He struck me with awe, I wish that there was more of him, and not that he was rounder! You know what I mean.

See ya later Prince,

Elenna ~ Lady of the Stars :rollin:
Old 07-24-2001, 04:41 PM   #43
Prince Faramir

looks like

i started this all off, its meant to be in the post asking how frodo and gandalf would enter mordor, sorry...

and i stand by my point, gandals would have killed shelob quickly and relatively easily.
Old 07-24-2001, 07:00 PM   #44
bmilder

Re: looks like

Yeah, I've renamed this topic correctly, so hopefully confusion will stop now. I'm not sure, but I believe we will be able to merge the two topics together when we move to vBulletin.
Old 07-24-2001, 08:25 PM   #45
Elenna

Hello Bmilder! I am a lil new here.

When are we moving to Vbulliten? Is there a specific reason why?

Elenna
Old 07-24-2001, 10:53 PM   #46
bmilder

The move will probably occur sometime next month. Don't worry, all the posts will be imported to the new board, and we can manually transfer all your user information, so you'll hardly notice the change at all.

Check out this thread for more information. In a nutshell, we are doing it for more control over the board - notice the board is located at ezboard.com. With a VBulletin, it will be located on our own server at tolkientrail.com and we don't have to rely on any remote hosts.
Old 07-24-2001, 11:58 PM   #47
Elenna

Looks Good! Now I am excited all over again.

I liked Entmoot the moment I saw it, and I hope to stay. I will follow wherever you go.

Elenna ~ Lady of the Stars
Old 08-03-2001, 05:54 PM   #48
Prince Faramir

will

the links still be the same? or will we have to update our bookmarks?

also i hate it when people say:

"(which quite probably would have never happened)."

whats the point of a discussion forum if 'it probably would never have happened' we're debating and guessing here Inoldonil, shall i say that to every post when someone ponders what might have happend? write it off and forget it shall we? what a smashing board that would be then...

:|
Old 08-05-2001, 02:17 AM   #49
bmilder

Re: will

Depends what your bookmarks are set to. If they're set to the ezboard url, then yes, you will need to change it to the new url. However, if you're using one of the re-direction URLs - entmoot.cjb.net or www.entmoot.com for example - those will be pointed in the direction of the new board and you need not worry.

The move will probably be this week and it will be nearly seamless... all the posts will be imported and a good chunk of the members will be pre-registered for your convenience (as a guarantee you can keep your username).
Old 08-11-2001, 04:24 PM   #50
Ben
Retired Ent

Merged!

Woohoo! I was able to successfully merge the two threads - so now everything makes sense. VBulletin Rules!

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 10:27 PM   #51
ringbearer
Elf Lord

I don't think Mithrandir needed the Ring of Fire for his magic, but it concentrated his power. All of Gandalf's "magic" had something to do with fire...just my two cents!

Hide Witch, hide!
The Good Folks come to burn thee!
Their keen enjoyment hid behind
A Gothic mask of duty!
ringbearer is offline   Reply With Quote