Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Long Lost Leaves - part II

This is a continuation from the RPG Long Lost Leaves. The discussion thread is here.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:49 PM   #2
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Tabrîl merely sighed. If anything, this little tirade was only proving her point, that Nami's outlook on life was a strange one and there could be no way for them to understand each other. There was nothing Tabrîl could teach to one who was unwilling to learn, and to argue with an uwindon over such matters was a waste of breath.

It disappointed Tabrîl somewhat. She enjoyed teaching, had been looking forward to sharing her knowledge with the young elf. After these words of Nami's, however, Tabrîl knew it for an impossibility.

'It is my hope that that day will come soon,' she said coldly. 'It is not by my choice that I remain here. Until I may depart, then, I will not trouble you further with my ways, and you will not speak to me of yours.'

With that, she spun sharply on her heel and strode off back towards the camp. Perhaps she would be fortunate enough to find Abasi alone, she thought, or if not that then at least a quiet place to sit.

Last edited by Aikanáro : 05-29-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quickleaf rose up, and walked upstream until he approached a small waterfall. Beneath the waterfall, and before the stream ran further down, lay a narrow depth of water, quite deep. Quickleaf stepped up a rocky outcrop by the waterfall, cast off his dirty and bloodied clothes and dove into the depth below.
In the water Quickleaf swum ever lower, down to the cooler depths of the small lake, and lay down there, floating above the riverbed, motionless and holding his breath in an eternity as he'd learned as an elven child in the waters of the Anduin.

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 05-29-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:10 PM   #4
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami rolled her eyes at the departing back of Tabril. What ever!
Well that was two people not talking to Nami and one person Nami was not talking to. "I need stop insulting!" Nami turned and headed back to the camp by a different direction. "I wonder what Borin up to?"
Old 05-29-2008, 03:44 PM   #5
orithil
Captain Jack

"Your a cunning man Hedrim" Quickleaf said. Hedrim nodded slowly and turned on his heel walking away from Quickleaf and off towards the camp fire, he sat down.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #6
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami walked back into the camp and up to the fire. After a few seconds of looking at the fire her eyes rested on Hedrim.
"You're not insulted by me standing near you are you?"
Old 05-29-2008, 04:17 PM   #7
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

“A weasel-like spirit, you say?” Radagast repeated thoughtfully as Haldis told him of what she had seen earlier. “And it is watching us? Most curious. I don’t I’ve ever seen anything that remotely sounds like that or… I wonder…” The wizard lapsed in a short silence, before continuing. “Here of all places… I wonder whether it was displeased by our presence or the fight. Thank you for telling me, Haldis. Most curious indeed.”
Old 05-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #8
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Seeing that Quickleaf refused to answer her question, Aelfwine shook her head and turned away. She overheard Hedrim's words to the elf before he, too, walked into the camp. Weither or not Quickleaf would see the sense of her words, she knew they needed to stop fighting among themselves. She approached Hedrim and without pausing for him to greet her, she crossed her arms.
"Do not encourage him, Hedrim," Aelfwine said. "There are more important things at hand then petty fights over who was insulting who," Her words were more heated then she intended.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 05-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #9
Coffeehouse

Breathing out, Quickleaf swam up and resurfaced. His mind felt clearer, his senses back in balance. Quickleaf looked about him to see that no one was around, came out of the water and walked up to his clothes.
Finding some dry branches lying beneath a thick mallorn tree, Quickleaf made ready a fire. He went over to the waterfall and washed the clothes, made his way over to the fire and hung up his clothes on a long branch positioned on two piles of rocks, and waited for them to dry.
Seeing a patch of grass by the edge of the lake, Quickleaf lay down and relaxed in the bathing sunlight.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:10 PM   #10
Curufin
The Ñoldóran

Abasi had risen when Quickleaf approached the group, and had removed himself to a quiet shady corner of the camp where he could sharpen his knives quietly and without interruption. He looked up when Tabrîl approached and smiled slightly - an Avarin smile that was little more than a tension in the lips. He laid his knife in his lap, stopping what he was doing, and inviting her to sit beside him.

'You need not argue with Nami for my benefit.'

~The Lay of Leithian
Old 05-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #11
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami smiled at Aelfwine, "Finally someone who agree's with me! Us girls need to stick together!" Nami shook her head, "I just don't get whats going on in this place, so much for the 4th ages bringing all races together!" Nami looked back at the fire for a while before looking back up. "Whats Rohan like? For all my years i have not traveled much farther than the lands of my kin. I hear that the land is flat as for as the eye can see, and the your city shines goldren in the morning sun!"
Old 05-29-2008, 06:22 PM   #12
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

Borin was feeling very very hyper at this point and thought he would ask someone to spar with him. "Anyone in the mood to spar?"

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:40 PM   #13
Acalewia

Turning from Hedrim before he had a chance to comment, she smiled at Nami.
"You are just as traveled as I am," she said. "I haven't travel from Rohan until now. The plains are fairly flat, but we do have some hills and ridges," Aelfwine smiled and closed her eyes. "The land is green as far as the eye can see. In times of peace, you can hear the thunder of the horses' hooves as they run. And you speak of the Golden Hall of Edoras. The morning light turns it to gold. In my short life, I have only been there twice, yet I have never been within the walls. Rohan is beauty. I would not chose anywhere else to live. Dispite the grief the War brought me, I would never leave it for good save by death,"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Old 05-30-2008, 12:09 AM   #14
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedrim opened his mouth to speak, but Aelfwine turned away before he had a chance. Instead he answered Nami "You would think so wouldn't you" he laughed "...really, when I find the entwives I shall go back to my kingdom and talk of the great tale" Hedirm seemed to be half talking to Nami half talking to himself. "Currently though we are focusing on building better arms and armour to finally bring middle earth...under...one...rule...er peace I mean bring middle earth into a age of everlasting peace..." he laughed.

Old 05-30-2008, 02:08 AM   #15
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

'I need not,' Tabrîl agreed with Abasi. 'Yet it is not for your benefit.'

Not entirely, she thought, as she sat down beside him, so close that they almost touched. There was no cause for distance between them now.

'I sought to do her a kindness,' Tabrîl explained. 'I thought she had been offended when her courage was called into question, and had no means of recourse, young as she is. That is why it seemed I took an interest.' She sighed. 'I should not have assumed so. She is uwindi, and has proven now that she cannot be trusted.'

She was silent in thought for a moment, and then looked again to Abasi and gave him a slight smile. 'Perhaps we should discuss other matters? I should like to know more of you, if you are willing to speak of it.' She said this with a hint of hesitation. It was not Tabrîl's wish to remind Abasi of painful times better forgotten, and that was all she had heard from him of his past. He had not even wished to tell her his family line when they had first met.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:24 AM   #16
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

"Are not the lands under a peaceful rule Hedrim?" Nami gave a half smile, it seemed Hedrim had other plans on his mind. Nami looked over to Aelfwine giving her a look as if to say "men!" and shrugged.
"Maybe one day i ill get to see your lands Aelfwine. It is true, no matter where you travel and the beautys you see, home is always best."
Old 05-30-2008, 05:43 AM   #17
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedrim stood and walked off towards his tent.

Old 05-30-2008, 07:35 AM   #18
Coffeehouse

Quickleaf had fallen asleep in the grass by the streamside, and walked over to his clothes. They seemed to have dried well enough, and so he dressed up and headed back towards the camp, his limp subsiding and his wound healing. Felt better.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:19 AM   #19
Acalewia

Aelfwine nodded.
"Yes, home is always best," She turned to Nami. "Perhaps when we find the Entwives, you could come with me to Rohan. My grandmother would enjoy the company of someone other than a child," She smiled at the last part, hoping Nami would see the jest.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:33 AM   #20
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

I just wish you fellows could have seen my old home." said Borin sadly "That is before Drogoth destroyed it."

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
Closed Thread