Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The One Ring Musical
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2001, 11:39 PM   #1
hama

Some Music for this Musical

I am pleased to announce that there may actually be some music from this musical in the foreseeable future. I just spoke with Stephen Pearl, Chairman and CEO of Halan Entertainment/StageStarz Records, which purchased the music publishing rights to The One Ring last spring. He informed me that they have booked 4 days of rehearsal and recording studio time for the project in early November. He is trying to coordinate with some well established Broadway performers to sing some of the key roles. Songs being considered for this recording and subsequent demo CD include, I AM YOUR FRIEND, WITH HIS WORDS, IS THERE..., and THE QUARTET.

Obviously, when we get the music recorded you will be able to hear it first at The Tolkien Trail. I am also excited because this represents a real investment (If anyone knows what 40 hours of New York City studio time and musicians cost!!!!) and vote of confidence in the work.
hama is offline   Reply With Quote