Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The One Ring Musical
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-06-2001, 11:29 PM   #1
Ben
Retired Ent

Welcome to the One Ring Musical Forum

The Tolkien Trail is the new home of The One Ring Musical, so I have given it a forum. Brad (hama) will probably be in here soon with more information.

formerly known in the forums as bmilder

Owner of The Tolkien Trail and Entmoot.

Buy Entmoot shirts and mugs!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 11:53 PM   #2
hama1
Elven Warrior

Hi Ben

Hello Ben,

The site looks terrific. Thank you! I finally got a chance to leave a reply in the Entmoot. I am on the road currently. Talk to you soon.

Brad
hama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 11:56 PM   #3
Ben
Retired Ent

Sure.

Btw, I gave you moderator powers in this forum as "hama." Would you like me to make your current "hama1" username the moderator? If you just forgot your original password the board can mail it to you.

Old 09-13-2001, 02:39 AM   #4
hama

I got it and will operate as Hama on the board from now on. BTW can I submit my lyrics to the LOTR poetry contest?

Brad
hama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 11:53 PM   #5
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

The poetry contest ended...the winner was announced on Monday....someone is out of the loop. Glad to be of service.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 06:50 PM   #6
Sakata
Elven Warrior

so what do you mean by lotr musical?
Sakata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 07:35 PM   #7
Ben
Retired Ent

Sakata - please do not spam in the future, or you risk having your title permanently changed to "Smelly Orc" .

Old 09-14-2001, 11:20 PM   #8
hama

Out of the loop...

...and out of the country actually... The last notice I saw on the main page was that it was ending soon...obviously very soon. Well congratulations to the winner.
Old 09-14-2001, 11:24 PM   #9
hama

lotr musical

Ben, granted you know Sakata much better than I do but perhaps before we accuse him of spamming I would ask if he has traveled the Tolkien Trail to Rivendell and taken a look at The One Ring Musical portion of the site.

If he has, then I concur...stop spamming you smelly orc.
Old 09-15-2001, 02:38 PM   #10
Ben
Retired Ent

Sakata actually posted about ten times in this thread, but I deleted Sakata's other posts and left the one.

Old 09-15-2001, 08:20 PM   #11
Sakata
Elven Warrior

Strider

Sorry 'bout that, I will make it up to you in drawings for fan art section of the tolkin trail k? As for hama, I have seen the one ring musical site and im not a "he",how dare you insult me like that!
Old 09-15-2001, 11:27 PM   #12
hama

My sincerest apologies for my gender mistake you smelly orc. That being said would you like an explanation of lotr as a musical from the person who wrote it?

Last edited by hama : 09-15-2001 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-16-2001, 12:48 PM   #13
Sakata
Elven Warrior

Strider

long as I can be a female smell orc...jk
and sure, whats it about?

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!
Old 09-18-2001, 02:12 AM   #14
hama

I'm sorry Sakata but I thought that would be obvious...It is an adaptation of LotR...are you sure you have visited the site and read the synopsis?
Old 09-20-2001, 01:04 AM   #15
Sakata
Elven Warrior

been to the site? yes. read the synopsis? well sort of skimmed over that part...

-Dare you venture into Gollum's Lair?

JESUS LIVES!
Old 09-20-2001, 08:35 PM   #16
hama

Well okay sakata, when you are actually interested enough in the project to spend some time reading about it, please let me know. I would be delighted to discuss it with you. Until then spam on to your hearts desire or stifle yourself.
Old 09-27-2001, 02:00 AM   #17
Elven Warrior Maiden
Hobbit

Hi!

I started a new thread by mistake. Just read that, and answer me here, 'kay? Thanks.
Elven Warrior Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 10:22 PM   #18
hama

Elven Maiden Warrior:

Believe me. Your question is certainly not an interruption to any converstaion and I must admit I really don't know where to begin? What do I know about the musical that isn't on the site? Well hopefully everything as I am the writer, composer creator of The One Ring.

We had a site on another web host. When they shut down, the webmaster here at Tolkien Trail, Ben Milder, was kind enough to offer to host us on an interim basis. The One Ring had its initial reading in New York two years ago. Based ion that reading I scrapped the original script and completely re-wrote the script and continue to do so.

I have been involved with numerous major Broadway productions as an actor or writer but this is my first solo project. We were very close to announcing an agreement with a major Broadway Producer until the events of September 11th. We intended to suspend our efforts of relaunching an independent web-site as we assumed that the producer would take over that function.

This project is intended to be a fully produced production with a London West-End Production, Broadway and numerous tours...one of which would of course travel to Australia. I have already sold the music publishing rights to Halen Entertainment which has produced the Broadway Albums of numerous musicals and we are hoping to get into a studio this fall to record a concept album. We will of course, include those recordings on this or some subsequent site.

I hope that answers some of your questions.
Old 09-30-2001, 05:46 AM   #19
Elven Warrior Maiden
Hobbit

Thanks

Thanks so much hama for answering me. Do you know if the tour will travel to Brisbane? If it does, it won't take much to talk my parents into taking me, they love the Lord of the Rings too. When the musical does get it's own site, can you tell me the address here? Can't wait!
Elven Warrior Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2001, 11:38 PM   #20
hama

Elven Maiden Warrior, you do not need to thank me for answering. I should be thanking you for asking your questions. I am delighted to answer them. Where the tour goes is completely up to the producer, whomever that turns out to be, if that turns out to be. I have producers interested and while I have worked on other Broadway musicals as a dramaturge "script doctor", I have never written an entire show by myself. If this show does get produced, it will most likely be the most expensive Broadway show ever produced. And unfortunately, I am not a "bankable" name like Andrew Lloyd Webber, Stephen Sondheim etc. However, I will make you this promise. If The One Ring does get produced, I will fly you and your parents to London or New York as my guests for the premiere. I do not make promises lightly so print this out and consider it a gift certificate for the future.

By the way...have your Mom and Dad read anything of the show from the site and do they have any thoughts.