Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Literature
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-24-2000, 02:54 PM   #1
HerenIstarion

Where can I find George McDonalds fairy-stories?

Hi everybody Nice board you seem to have

Since this sub-board discusses literature other than JRRT or any other fantasy staff, I will dare to ask a this question here
Can anybody help me in finding George McDonald and his fairy-tales on the net?. I tried almost every search engine, and could not obtain anything to satisfy my desire (Mcdonald real estate agencies and McDonald reastaurants are indeed poor substitution of a fairy-tale ) If any of you can give me some link, I'd be exceedingly grateful and happy
Old 10-25-2000, 10:34 PM   #2
anduin

Re: Where can I find George McDonalds fairy-stories?

Hullo and welcome. First let me say I am not familar with the subject you are asking about, so bear with me if I am giving info for some other George MacDonald......I just realized that you may have put in the wrong spelling in your searches and that is why you ended up with restaurants and the like.

Is it a certain book you are looking for or just info, history, etc. about the "fairy-tales"? I found one place that maybe helpful. It is a publishing company which prints "George MacDonald's Complete 48 Titles in 44 Volumes". They also have some unedited e-texts, but I am assuming that they are just excerpts.

I also found through a search on Yahoo these results. You may have already seen these since you said that you tried the search engines, but I thought I would include them anyways.

If this isn't of any help, let me know and I will move the thread to the fantasy and sci-fi forum....in the event that someone only cases that forum. (hehe, although I find that highly unlikely. )
Old 11-11-2000, 09:19 PM   #3
HerenIstarion

thank you a lot and sorry...

...awfully sorry to answer so late
I posted a question on about a dozen of boards, so, when first answers came, busied myself with checking out links and entirely forgot about my own posts.
I'm very grateful, and links you have given are usefull indeed. may your water flaw ever clear into the great sea, Anduin the Great!
thanks
Old 11-12-2000, 06:18 AM   #4
anduin

Re: thank you a lot and sorry...

*bows low*
Old 12-07-2000, 01:50 AM   #5
Elysha

George MacDonald

HerenIstarion, I love George MacDonald's writing. The best link for George MacDonald is www.george-macdonald.com, the George MacDonald Society, and it has links to lots of e-texts.

I know this is ridiculous -- my posting a month after you asked -- but I just got here and I didn't see my favorite MacDonald site mentioned. If you're still around, maybe you'll notice!
Old 12-08-2000, 12:45 AM   #6
anduin

Re: George MacDonald

Now how did I miss that site??
Old 12-08-2000, 07:24 AM   #7
Elysha

Re: George MacDonald

I have no idea!

"Amazin', isn't it, how a mere slip of a lad can slip through your fingers so easily?" -- The Scarlet Pimpernel (the movie, w/ Andrews/Seymour/McKellen)