Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #1
The Telcontarion
The one true King of the human race, direct descendant of Adam and heir to the kings of old. "You owe me your fealty." The Tar Minyaturion

Celebrimbor or Gil-galad as high king!!!!!

I always imagined that as noble as Celebrimbor was, just as he was held in high regard in nograthond, even when his father and uncle were chased out, so too Celebrimbor would have been held in high esteem in the second age, even by Erienion himself. I had always fancied Erienion Gil-galad, being as wise as he was, would give over the kingship of the eldar to Celebrimbor to set things aright. So that the eldest house of Finwe, would no longer be the dispossessed and Gil-gald would take his place as the herald of his one true liegelord; ultimately make the words and deeds of Morgoth become untruth and fruitless.

Only I think as great and wise as Celebrimbor himself was, he probably would refuse unfortunately, for he would not wish to bring the curse of Feanor down upon the Noldor once again.

Comments.

Ecclesiasticus 2:1-5
1 My son, if thou come to serve the Lord, prepare thy soul for temptation...
...4 Whatsoever is brought upon thee take cheerfully, and be patient when thou art changed to a low estate. 5 For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Last edited by The Telcontarion : 06-14-2006 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Attempt at making it clearer.
The Telcontarion is offline   Reply With Quote