Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Literature
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2000, 11:52 AM   #41
anduin

Re: I figured it was time for this again

YAY!!! Another Dune fan!! You may be interested to know that there is a Dune topic in General Fantasy started by Fat Middle. It is a little stale right now though.

I too am rereading LOTR....not too far into it though, Fellowship....chapter Many Meetings. Where are you?

Old 05-23-2000, 04:32 PM   #42
etherealunicorn

In my reading, the Fellowship has just left Lothlorien.
Thanks for the info about the Dune discussion, I will have to check that one out.
I have meant to ask you, anduin, is your sig from Wind in the Willows? I know it is familiar, but I have not yet been able to place it definitely.

Old 05-23-2000, 05:54 PM   #43
emilsson

I finished Iron Fist this morning. I have read all Xwing books before, I just needed something like that after some heavy books on history. This evening I started reading Raymond E Feist´s Rage of a Demon King. I had forgotten how fast paced the action in Feist´s books is.

I wish the library here could get the first books in the Dune series. All this talk about them has made me interested in reading them .

Old 05-25-2000, 12:27 AM   #44
Spock1

...Just finished "Those who Trespass by Bill O'Reilly"....now on to "Karma and Chaos by Dr. Fleischman.

.......a bit of lite reading :rollin:

Old 05-25-2000, 02:15 AM   #45
anduin

Hey Spock!! It's been a long time....where have you been?

Old 05-29-2000, 01:02 AM   #46
Spock1

Indeed, I have been absent but only from this board. Seems by the time I check all of the boards (as reader, poster and in some case moderator) I begin having isp problems with connecting to Entmoot and invariably give up. Thus I haven't actually been even able to read the board until recently. Let's see how long that lasts.

Old 05-29-2000, 01:19 AM   #47
bmilder

I've decided to finish "Claudius the God" by Robert Graves so I'm reading that now too.

Old 05-29-2000, 01:49 AM   #48
IronParrot

Right now I'm reading Sahara by Clive Cussler... not really a deep or meaningful novel in any way, but entertaining. Better than Clancy.

Old 05-29-2000, 03:14 AM   #49
anduin

Mr. Spock......

.....I understand, too bad you don't have more time. Still, it is cool when you stop by unexpectedly.

Old 06-05-2000, 01:29 AM   #50
bmilder

New Forum

Hehe, this forum already has more posts than the Collecting and Games forum

I just finished reading Deathwatch for school.

Old 06-05-2000, 08:21 AM   #51
emilsson

Re: New Forum

I have finished Rage of a Demon King as well as Shards of a Broken Crown. Right now I´m reading Waterland by Graham Swift, an excellent novel about a history teacher trying to get his students interested. This is probably the best book I´ve read in a long time.

Old 06-11-2000, 01:11 PM   #52
RKittle

Re: what are you reading right now?

I'm rereading the Pern series by McCaffrey. I hadn't even picked the books up in 15 years, but they were still on the shelf so I figured what the heck. I'm up to The White Dragon and still find the series entertaining. But I think I enjoyed it more when I was younger.

Dunno what I'll read next. Probably good ole JRRRT

Old 06-15-2000, 05:21 AM   #53
arynetrek

Re: what are you reading right now?

i too am rereading LotR, but not geting very far (you'd think after graduating from highschool & not working in the summer i'd have more time!) - they just crossed into Rivendell. i'm also reading Tehanu by Ursula K Leguin & Sandman: The Kindly Ones (i always read multiple books at a time - i dont' know why)

i stole a copy of Sil from my mom, & will probably read it on that ungodly long flight i'll be on this summer. also Dune has been on my "find & read this" list for a long time - i keep telling myself i'll start it, btu havne't yet.

aryne *

Old 06-15-2000, 02:56 PM   #54
bmilder

Tehanu?

Hey, isn't "Tehanu" the name of the guy who helps run TOR.N? Weird that he wouldn't select a LotR name for that kind of site...

Old 06-16-2000, 08:49 AM   #55
Puc conDoin

Re: Tehanu?

Reading Daughter of the Empire from Raymond E. Feist.

Old 06-17-2000, 05:51 AM   #56
arynetrek

don't know about TOR.N...

but i heard somewhere that JRRT used the name Ea for a part of his world - UKLG (she has weird initials - reminds me too much of Ugluk) has an island in Earthsea named Ea also.

this is probably in Sil, which i REALLY NEED TO READ!

aryne *

Old 06-22-2000, 03:19 PM   #57
Grand Admiral Reese

Right now, I am(literally) in the middle of Chapterhouse: Dune. Great book.

Old 06-22-2000, 08:10 PM   #58
IronParrot

I was going to start the Harry Potter books this week, but I decided to attempt Sil again... hopefully I'll get further than Valaquenta this time...

Old 06-23-2000, 08:28 AM   #59
emilsson

I´m reading a very good book on Swedish history now.

Maybe I should reread Silmarillion. It´s been too long since the last time and I remember I thought ut was more interesting than LOTR .

Old 07-08-2000, 05:08 PM   #60
jedi master princess

i'm plugging through the source by james michener, perfume by patrick suskind, and crying because i can't afford books 2-4 in the harry potter series.

Closed Thread