Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > The Star Wars Saga
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-19-2003, 09:18 AM   #1
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Star Wars Fan Series

RE: I origionally posted this thread on TheForce.Net, but I'm going to post it here also since this is a Star Wars Thread. Remember, you have until Sunday morining to vote. Thank you.

Hi, everybody! This is my first post on TFN, so I'm very exited! I also thought you might want to know that I REALLY wanted my user name to be Yodaman. With that said, I really want to do fan series, and I started one called the Clone War Chronicles. When I mean series, I'm talking about a series of fan fictions, not fan films (think T.V. series). It will have about 27 episodes and have fan art, fan site, and other goodies. I talked to someone here named Britney about it, and she said I should pick another subject due to the upcoming Clone Wars cartoon. I was hoping that you guys could pick the subject for me. I'll let you decide based on these choices:

1. Clone Wars Chronicles
2. Series that serves as a prequel for TFN's Episode VII
3. New Jedi Order Chronicles
4. Galactic Civil War Chronicles
5. Sith War Chronicles
6. Series continuing the adventures of the characters from the Invasion of Theed Adventure Game.
7. Rogue Squadron Series
8. Bravo Squadron Series
9. Series based on the adventures of Han and Chewbacca
10. Series based on the adventures of Lando.
11. Series based on the adventures of characters I made up for the Roleplaying Game- takes place in Sith era.
12. Jedi Apprentice Series
13. Jedi Quest Series
14. Series based on the adventures of Jango/Boba Fett.
15. Series based on the adventures of Captain Panaka/Typho.
16. Star Wars Tales.

Well, those are all the ones I could think of. Please respond to tell me which one to do. Thank you for all your time.
Yodaman.

Last edited by Yodaman : 09-19-2003 at 01:34 PM.
Yodaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 08:01 AM   #2
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

Deadline

Just a reminder, tommorow morning is the deadline for this poll, and the Sith War Chronicles is winning by a longshot. So if you want your favorite to win, vote now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yodaman
Old 09-21-2003, 08:24 AM   #3
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

WINNER!!!!!!!!!

The vote has now officially ended, and the Sith War chronicles won by two votes. Clone War Chronicles, Han Solo, Lando, Rougue Squadron, and NJO all came in second with one vote each. Thanks for your votes! If you're interested in writing a few episodes, contact me at yodaman55@cox.net. A man (or woman) named DarthIshtar is already signed on to write for me, so you might be able to, too! See ya later!

Yodaman.
Old 09-22-2003, 11:48 PM   #4
The Ben
Really Smelly Orc

you could have just typed that all on your first post, you know.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:13 AM   #5
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

first of all your not one to talk and second of all it all happened on different days. so no he couldnt of put it in one post
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
gimli7410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 08:32 PM   #6
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Aw, I really wanted to vote. I'm sorry Yodaman. I was too slow to post.
Anyway, I would have said #3, New Jedi Order, although a Lando series would be rather interesting also. Oh well. I guess Sith Wars would be good for most of the reasons I picked the New Jedi.

Good luck!

Last edited by Bombadillo : 09-24-2003 at 08:33 PM.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 04:54 PM   #7
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

I'm SOOOOOO sorry, Bombadillo! If you voted, NJO would've tied with Sith War. Don't worry: instead of making a Sith War season 2, I'll start the NJO one (sorry, but it'll release in September 2004). Thank you and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO sorry.
Old 09-26-2003, 06:25 PM   #8
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Ah, don't worry about it. That's really cool that you'll start it now anyway.
Old 09-28-2003, 01:19 AM   #9
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Yodaman? The one who goes just by "yodaman" at TheForce.net? Holy crow, I remember you!

As for the poll itself... that's kind of like choosing a "least bad aspect of human slavery" so I won't bother picking one.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 08:12 AM   #10
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

I go by Yodaman at TheForce.Net's forums, but my username is dan-yoda since either someone already took yodaman or it's too long or something. Which forum did you see me in? And what do you mean by the slavery thing?

Yodaman
Old 09-29-2003, 03:46 AM   #11
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Oh no, never mind, I was talking about the guy whose name is "yodaman" at TFN. He's been around since... well... back when I was still an admin at TFN's boards. That was over two years ago.

As for my comment above that picking "the best Star Wars books" is like picking "the least bad aspect of human slavery" - by that I mean that I can't choose a "best Star Wars book" because that's like asking me to choose which limb I'd prefer to keep if all the other ones are chopped off. To me, it's a lesser-of-the-evils distinction.

I understand that people out there actually like this stuff, though, and I respect their choice... somewhat. As long as they realize it's not real literature, it's okay.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Old 09-29-2003, 01:57 PM   #12
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Actually, there are some aspects of human slavery that aren't so bad. Some could even be considered good. But of course, an American wouldn't realize that. You've been culturally conditioned to think that.

As for picking the best of the star wars books, that's certainly pretty hard. I'm having trouble deciding which is the /worst/ one. I don't like fanfic as a rule... but if done well, it's good. I'd suggest you go for the stuff that hasn't been done, but then you run the risk of making mistakes, and so I'd say to do something with a lot of info, but then you're running the risk of redundancy, and you'll be tempted to follow /other/ people's mistakes.

So my all purpose general advice is: go with what you think can make the best story.
Old 09-29-2003, 02:28 PM   #13
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Quote:
But of course, an American wouldn't realize that. You've been culturally conditioned to think that.
Not American. I used Slavery because I was sick of the common Nazi example (and that would be extreme, anyway).

Old 09-29-2003, 02:29 PM   #14
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

Indeed. Okay.