Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 04:07 PM   #1
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

What a wonderful nazgul fight Udu and CS!

So is Udu now stunned?
Old 10-29-2005, 04:08 PM   #2
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Udu, I have got a PM from TD, asking us to post for Khamul. I believe you and CS have got the same. Please, post more including TD-Khamul's actions. I have already made 2 big posts today, so I am afraid to cause Lotesse's displeasure.
Gordis, yes, I received a PM from TD. I posted twice yesterday and I was hesitant to post again today. I am even more hesitant to write for CS and TD. I will amend any post that does not agree with others' plans.

LSP - I am sorry to hear about your injury. That is really rough luck.

Gordis, by the time Aiwendis and the Chancellor arrive, all of Orrodel might be in flames. That was a very good set of two posts that you made!

CS - I enjoyed your post. Lilly is quite lively.

Serenoli - Glad to have you with us.

Lotesse - Hope you are in a situation to have your own computer again soon.

Last edited by Udukhaturz : 10-29-2005 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:19 PM   #3
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
Gordis, by the time Aiwendis and the Chancellor arrive, all of Orrodel might be in flames. That was a very good set of two posts that you made!
Thank you. I figured out that the nazgul walking in the Spirit world had to be able to see much more than mere mortals. So I added the ghosts and fairies. I even plan to include Old headless Akoradur the Ghost into the INFO thread as a public character. I would be happy if someone includes him in his post!
Old 10-29-2005, 04:28 PM   #4
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Thank you. I figured out that the nazgul walking in the Spirit world had to be able to see much more than mere mortals. So I added the ghosts and fairies. I even plan to include Old headless Akoradur the Ghost into the INFO thread as a public character. I would be happy if someone includes him in his post!
Gordis, the scene with the fairies and old headless Akoradur was hauntingly lovely. Akoradur is the fine, worthy, vengeful type of spirit that I admire. I hope he will be a frequent visitor. Udu might talk to him occasionally.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:56 PM   #5
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I wonder, I dont think a Nazgul can give other Nazgul black breath...I keep thinking that they are like snakes though, because most species of snakes are weak to their own venom....Interesting little note.

Hurry up and be tommorow already!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:01 PM   #6
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
I wonder, I dont think a Nazgul can give other Nazgul black breath...I keep thinking that they are like snakes though, because most species of snakes are weak to their own venom....Interesting little note.
No, I think not. But nobody was trying to use the Black Breath spell...They fought with spells like the Witch-King used when breaking Frodo's sword at the Ford.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:43 PM   #7
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

OK - Third Installment of our Discussion Thread.

It'll be a shame when we have to split our Game Thread.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-29-2005, 05:45 PM   #8
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Oooh, lots of fun posts!!

Val - I just love your idea of the men of Numenor going thru an "elf phase"! Funny! Very nice posts

Gordis - really lovely imagining of the "invisible life" in the garden - loved it! Continued nice character of the Chancellor - very much in control and knowing what he wants - reminds me of some of those Nazis ...

Ser - Good developing of the new nazgul, and I like how you tied nicely into the "invisible life" idea

CS - "overweight troll" - LOL!!

Udu - Whew! Those guys need some anger management classes! Good vigorous writing!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-29-2005, 05:52 PM   #9
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

TO all who need to know - rpg-Rian will not be back at Orrodel until dawn ...

Gor - it's not a matter of Rian's brother allowing her to stay as a hired servant or not - Rian does these types of things because she wants to be around humans, but yet not too close. She'll make up her own mind about if she wants to stay or not - it's not her brother's choice, altho he might get mad at her. The "courting" tradition is another thing altogether - she feels bound by an ancient tradition, and by her beloved father's known wishes, so she's going along (reluctantly) with her brother's decision - she'll at least give it somewhat of a try with Tyaron.

I was going to possibly have the elf boys work in the stable (I was going to have Arastud's younger brother have to go home sick, and they would fill in just to keep an eye on Rian if she chose to stay), but maybe it's time that she leave Orrodel, since she's going to want to take those 2 classes at the university, anyway. So I think I'll go with that, unless anyone objects (I know Lotesse wanted Rian at Orrodel at one point, so I was trying to come up with ways to keep her there.) Comments?

OTOH, it might be pretty funny to have 3 elves at Orrodel ... I don't know ... the Naz crew would certainly have to restrain themselves, tho, which might be funny...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 10-29-2005 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 06:16 PM   #10
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Udu - Whew! Those guys need some anger management classes! Good vigorous writing!
Thanks, Rian!

It has passed the point of anger management. Udu was trying to murder Khamûl. Apparently, he was not successful.

"What a wonderful nazgul fight Udu and CS! So is Udu now stunned?" - Gordis

Yes, Udu is stunned with the force of the blast of magic that Khamul hurled at him.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:04 PM   #11
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Everybody keeps saying to me "oh, I hope you can be at your own computer soon," and believe me, so do I, but do I not come here and post & read every single day? Is the reason why no one wishes to interact with Viv except Shah because I do not have my own computer?? Not having my own computer is neither here nor there, you guys. I come here every day, and every day not one Nazgul ever even mentions the existence of Viv. It sucks.

Gordis - excellent post! So evocative, so ethereal...I really loved the fairies and ghost.

CS, Udu, Serenoli, Rian, Valandil - Great stuff, love it all. Rian, I wanted to ask you - where, geographically are Tyaron & Rian right now; are they perhaps in the park, or - where are they? I know you must have it in one of your posts, but I thought I'd ask first...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-29-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:12 PM   #12
Rían

They're in the park, which I understand is quite large and of course, has lots of trees! *crosses her fingers and hopes she didn't mess up with the map*

I think the reason why people aren't interacting with Viv is that you said she wasn't going to Orrodel . At least that's what I thought. I've been waiting for you to post a nice scene with Viv and Ray. I think you'll have to do it, because Shah has stitches on her finger and can't type too well! *gives bandaids and soothing tea to Shah*

Old 10-29-2005, 07:22 PM   #13
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

She's not going to Orrodel because she's going to get herself killed or maimed by Khamul if she walks in on him whipping Lilly, because it's past the point of terrified laughter now and entered unbridled rage potential. Viv cannot abide seeing those she loves hurt. She will lose it. I already tried taking Viv to Orrodel and what I posted for her was booed down. This is why every SINGLE DAY I wait for the fight to wrap up, so that she can get back home and visit with her family and have her bath or whatever she fels like, without having to be in a position to kill or be killed by the others. I have a feling that NOBODY seems to get this. No, I KNOW nobody gets it. That's why she laughed in the first friggin' place, because if she hadn't laughed, she'd have f-ed with Khamul and he'd have possibly killed her in return.

Ray is asleep at his own home.

Viv is lying in the grass - at the park.

Old 10-29-2005, 07:44 PM   #14
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Val - I just love your idea of the men of Numenor going thru an "elf phase"! Funny!
Yes - I even have this little 'joke' I'm tempted to work into my Northern Dunedain fanfic... but it would probably just get too silly... that every male heir from a few generations after Valandil (as soon as the young lady is nearly enough 'of age') - all the way through Aragorn's father Arathorn - all have a *crush* on Arwen. (I hint at that in the 'Forsaken Inn' RPG)

Lotesse - yes, you see that the other Nazgul do not appreciate you. Maybe YOU should be the Nazgul who tries to 'go straight':

[darth vader voice]"haawww-huuuu-haaaawww-huuuuu - Come over to the light side!"[/darth vader voice]

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-29-2005, 07:46 PM   #15
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Nazgul can't go straight - can they? This is actually a question I've long wondered about. Not that Viv'll want to "go straight," or anything, but I DO wonder how that works...

Old 10-29-2005, 08:50 PM   #16
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
... that every male heir from a few generations after Valandil (as soon as the young lady is nearly enough 'of age') - all the way through Aragorn's father Arathorn - all have a *crush* on Arwen.

Old 10-29-2005, 09:33 PM   #17
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I like that, Willow/Maggie - may I call you Maggie? Or Lady Marion? What would you prefer? Typing out your entire Moot-name is kind of long, which is why I ask. Anyway - I like that Elvish eyes are spying on Orrodel - it heightens the scenario. What could Mahtaliel actually see from that far away? Can she hear anything, too? Can she see Rian and the wolves & Viv, and Aiwendis and the Chancellor walking to Orrodel?

Old 10-29-2005, 09:42 PM   #18
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Maggie is perfect, seeing as that's what everybody calls me.

I think she'll definitely see Viv heading home, and Rian and co. Aiwendis and Chancellor are currently invisible, so she won't see them.

She's only just across the street and she's got pretty sharp eyesight, plus the inside of the mansion is lighted which means that someone looking in from the dark would see the inside very well. So be careful which windows you have the action taking place by.

She probably can't hear much though, not unless you all start really screaming at eachother, which is actually seeming quite possible at the moment...

She'll be sure to see at least one suspicious thing, however minor.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 10-29-2005, 09:52 PM   #19
Rían

I like your character, Maggie - I wonder what she and Rian will talk about? Let me know any ideas you have

I have one more LONG post (the poetry fight!) and then Rian and co. will leave the park at dawn and can start interacting with other characters.

Old 10-29-2005, 11:15 PM   #20
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

I have no clue what they could talk about, but a conversation for them to avoid would be one involving any memories of Sirion... unless of course we want to put them through a conversation with that level of awkwardness.

I just added a better drawing of Mahtaliel to the picture link, go see it, it's in color, and shiny.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Closed Thread