Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 01:32 PM   #1
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
*Discussion Thread* Of Nazgûl-Kings-Friends-Rings Campaign (Calling all Nazgûl II)

This is now the Discussion-forum for the Calling All Nazgûl RPG.

Go ahead and do some discoursing.

Game thread
Information thread
Second Discussion thread

Last edited by Earniel : 10-04-2005 at 06:00 AM.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:43 PM   #2
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Grey Wolf, you are so friggin' COOL! You have no idea how sweet you are, truly I believe you've got the biggest heart here on the Moot of all the mooters I interact with. I just had to say it, I don't care if it's off-topic or not!

Nazgul of the Moot Unite!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 08-28-2005, 02:56 PM   #3
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

What's this Nazgul stuff? (just curious..I've seen a few references)
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 08-28-2005, 04:22 PM   #4
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

I suppose (come to think of it), we're supposed to found some kind of Union of Nazgûls.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:23 PM   #5
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Grey Wolf, you are so friggin' COOL! You have no idea how sweet you are, truly I believe you've got the biggest heart here on the Moot of all the mooters I interact with. I just had to say it, I don't care if it's off-topic or not!

Nazgul of the Moot Unite!
Thanks! GreyWolf nr ... (actually I'm not sure about the ranking yet)

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 08-29-2005 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:40 AM   #6
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I am naturally with you!

GW, my compliments!

WE ARE THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RINGWRAITHS!

Gordis, No.7
Old 08-29-2005, 04:43 PM   #7
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Remember people, this is the RPG-forum. Only threads related to role playing are allowed here. So please inform me: what is the objective of this thread?
Old 08-30-2005, 06:57 AM   #8
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

buggered if i know ...

btw grey wolf, i didn't ask for a new thread, i advocated polite requests to re-open the old one ... but no harm done .... well done!

i think the idea was to await *fingers crossed* the wise and benevolent decision of the Mod team to re-open the calling all Nazgul thread.

However if this turns into a moot version of the hundred years war ... (emphasis on the 100 years not war ... we are a peaceful nazgul unholy alliance - now that's not a phrase you hear everyday! ) ... then this new exciting rpg about the nazgul ... (???? eh greywolf?)

can temporarily stand in it's hallowed place until the witch king gets justice.

Lotesse on GW:
Quote:
truly I believe you've got the biggest heart here on the Moot of all the mooters

Agreed
Good on yer' DR. Grey Wolf.

...er... by the way my character in this battle of justice RPG (! ) ..will be Beautiful Boomerang, an undead butterfly character who believes in the ultimate sense and wisdom etc of the authorities who have appeared to have ostracised and outcast the nazgul community like wandering gypsies and undesirables ...

but who is true to the unholy alliance, yet has a wholsome respect for the rpg-playing mod in question!

best all and to Earniel too!

BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 08-30-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:05 AM   #9
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
...WE ARE THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RINGWRAITHS!

Gordis, No.7
Does that make you Seven... of Nine?!?!??

Now what's going on around here? The Nazgul are enemies of my family... my people! Why would we allow them to gather... and under pretext of peace!?!?!! How ludicrous! The Nazgul must be scattered, not gathered!

Yes - the Witch-King must get justice, as BB says... justice at the end of a rope, or the point of a spear. The Foul Usurper! We must not let this evil gather among us!

Valandil, Son of Isildur (aka 'Finger Slicer')

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 08-30-2005, 07:09 AM   #10
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

excellent ... so you are joining as 'hang em' high' Valandil eh? Look forward to rpg'ing with you.

I take it you are on the MOD side then??

amused ... and pleased
very best
BB

p.s. Gor is 007, the 7th of Nine.

We have more than 9 in the UA - call it a reserve squad!
Old 08-30-2005, 07:13 AM   #11
Valandil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
...I take it you are on the MOD side then??
Not acting in that capacity here... just protecting the... 'Family Interests' ya know!

Quote:
p.s. Gor is 007, the 7th of Nine.

We have more than 9 in the UA - call it a reserve squad!
(EDIT: - oh, and is she proportioned like Jeri Ryan?)

Waiting to be assimilated...

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Last edited by Valandil : 08-30-2005 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:17 AM   #12
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

AHA!

the plot between the persecuted nazgul and other unholy alliance members and the Elven (both Sea and Wood ) Mods thickens ...

We have a ROGUE Mod already!

*A sudden storm whips up the trees in the moot wood with ghostly whisperings and wails heard on the wind*

Old 08-30-2005, 07:30 AM   #13
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
Thanks! GreyWolf nr ... (actually I'm not sure about the ranking yet)
I'll be Five of the Nine (if nobody else has taken that particular number). Buzukkumarz is the name of my character, Buzuk for short.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 09-02-2005 at 07:50 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:35 AM   #14
Valandil

Oi... I may have gotten myself in deep trouble with Eärniel... in a COUPLE ways!

I'm not an Elf myself (except a little fraction from a couple ancestors way-way back) - but I could sure use the help of a certain Elf of Nin-in-Eilph! (borders on my kingdom, ya know!)

OK - what is this then? It wasn't until about 1000 years into the Third Age that the Nazgul began to stir... as far as anyone knows.

As far as anyone... unless... Unless! What if they DID try to stir earlier, but just stayed real hush-hush about it? Say it's about 40 or 50 years after Sauron's fall - they knew Isildur had gotten the One and had headed north to take up his father's throne in Arnor. They may/may not know that his party was intercepted along the way - but if they know about it, they could probably find out that he was not among the slain - that the Orcs had not recovered IT.

Valandil... he's a young kid (for a Dunedain of his time) of 50 or 60, big kingdom to watch over, over-protective mother, 'friend' of Cirdan and Elrond and Galadriel (say - isn't that Celebrian cute? What - Elrond is interested in her too!??) - might also have a crush on the mysterious Sea Elf of Nin-in-Eilph - at least he's been spending a lot of time at the river city of Tharbad lately...

Wonder how a kid like that would react to a vamp like Seven of Nine?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 08-30-2005, 07:50 AM   #15
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

"Hush-Hush! and hurry!"
whispered Beautiful Boomerang giving the code word ...

flying high above the storm in the woods Boomerang notices that the young ROGUE Mod is indeed not an elf but a high and handsome man ... certainly of very high lineage by his noble bearing.

Surely even a sea elf would be enamoured....

OOC:
Valandil:
Quote:
Oi... I may have gotten myself in deep trouble with Eärniel... in a COUPLE ways!
hey! that's my role ... i suspect like you though it wasn't my intention either!

Quote:
Wonder how a kid like that would react to a vamp like Seven of Nine?
...very attractive the dark side isn't it?

It's Lovely Lilly (number unsure ... momentarily) that the Young valandil need watch perhaps...

OOC: essential reading for this rpg (maybe we need a discussion thread?) might then be Valandil's Letters of firiel .. this will enlighten you with the rogue mod's story in some entertaining depth and also on the time period ..... provided of course GW and Witch King agree

Valandil has a link to it on his sig.

Witch King: this rpg is in aid of your glorious cause to have the calling all nazgul re-opened.

Mods may join this rpg ... for here in rpg form shall the fate of the thread .. which hangs by but by a thread ... here shall be discussed and played out in middle Moot earth, the thread's very existence...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 08-30-2005 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:11 AM   #16
Valandil

OOC Post:

Quote:
...hey! that's my role ... i suspect like you though it wasn't my intention either! ]...
Well - I've been in that place before myself! (and she will recognize that this WAS intentional!) And it's not just the RPG/mod thing... there's this...(briefly back in character... maybe) tension! I mean - I think I like her and all, but she says I keep confusing her and giving 'mixed signals'!

Quote:
...very attractive the dark side isn't it?
See what I mean?! (OK - back to OOC)

Quote:
It's Lovely Lilly (number unsure ... momentarily) that the Young valandil need watch perhaps...
Now - I didn't completely follow those other NG threads - is that member "Earthbound" though?

Quote:
OOC: essential reading for this rpg (maybe we need a discussion thread?) might then be Valandil's Letters of firiel .. this will enlighten you with the rogue mod's story in some entertaining depth and also on the time period ..... provided of course GW and Witch King agree...
I was actually suggesting a different time - sometime in the first few decades of the Third Age. The Letters of Firiel are mostly set in the 1900's - SO much later for us mortals! Did the rest of you have something else in mind though? If so, I may need to be one of Valandil's descendents.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Last edited by Valandil : 08-30-2005 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:16 AM   #17
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
OOC Post:

Well - I've been in that place before myself! (and she will recognize that this WAS intentional!) And it's not just the RPG/mod thing... there's this...(briefly back in character... maybe) tension! I mean - I think I like her and all, but she says I keep confusing her and giving 'mixed signals'!

See what I mean?! (OK - back to OOC)

Now - I didn't completely follow those other NG threads - is that member "Earthbound" though?

I was actually suggesting a different time - sometime in the first few decades of the Third Age. The Letters of Firiel are mostly set in the 1900's - SO much later for us mortals! Did the rest of you have something else in mind though? If so, I may need to be one of Valandil's descendents.
What do all o' ye other TNaC-CAN II-members think about it?

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 08-30-2005 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:17 AM   #18
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Nay, Lord ... not Earthbound

but Crazy Squirrel !

... much more wanton ...

heh, Valandil at 50/60 is fine with me ... ask 007 on that one!

Hope DOC GW and WK agree.

EDIT: heh, DOC, what about a title of Battle for Justice? easier on the tongue ye'know ... and can be applied equally by both sides

Last edited by Butterbeer : 08-30-2005 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:07 AM   #19
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'm not seeing a whole lot of reason behind this thread other than that the first one was closed .
Old 08-30-2005, 11:01 AM   #20
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Quote:
Nay, Lord ... not Earthbound

but Crazy Squirrel !

... much more wanton ...
Yess, THAT's ME! I am a wanton readhead LILY!!! I am number 6!!!

(Sorry, GW, if you don't mind, SIX WAS MY NUMBER!. You can be 4 or 5, can't you?)

Lily is short for something... Lilaenwen perhaps. I sort of forgot already.

Anyways, I am just what is needed for young Valandil. I will see him to his end...

I will defend our just cause against all imposters and upstarts! Of course, our beloved Witchy has more right to be King than anyone living or undead!
Closed Thread