Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2004, 05:37 PM   #1
Azhag_Nuug
Hobbit

Gods and such

I was sitting at home and thought what kind of world would it be if nobody had any Gods in a story, so I worked out this beginning part of what I think is gonna be pretty long.

Of The Beginning of The World

Ergod, who was the first God, was Lord of all the Universe. Of the flowers, mountains, trees, and deserts. He was the greatest, and most revered Lord, who sat on a Golden Throne in the Heaven of Deregle.

In the beginning it was only him. Ergod the Greatest, but he grew weary of the lonesome life, and so he made Pig. Pig was grand. It was pink, with a great snort. Ergod smiled. It was his first true creation. But Pig died, so Ergod made hay, and grass, and feed for Pig, and he made more Pigs.

Then Pigs fought each other, and ran wild. Ergod did not wish to harm them, but wanted to watch them and keep them safe, so he made Wolf. Wolf kept the Pigs all in line, and did not hurt them, but like Pig, Wolf was hungry, and so Ergod made Chicken to feed Wolf, and he was happy.

Ergod then made feed for Chicken, and Chicken was happy. This began a great circle of life that made the world work. Pig ate hay. Wolf kept Pig that eats hay in line. Chicken feeds Wolf that keeps Pig in line that eats hay. Feed fills the Chicken that feeds the Wolf that keeps in line the Pig that eats the hay.

So it went on, but then the cycle was disrupted. Pig got sick, and Wolf stopped eating Chicken, and Chicken became fat, so Ergod made Dwarf to govern them. So Dwarf built a house, and built fences, which kept the Pigs that ate the hay inside with the Chicken that eats the feed who feeds the Wolf who keeps the Pigs that eat the hay in line, and he was happy.

Dwarf grew lonely and weary, so he made another Dwarf, in the liking of Dwarf, but different, and he called it Dwarn. So Dwarf and Dwarn lived together an were happy, and the cycle continued, and Ergod was happy.

So now Dwarf had Dwarn, and Pig had Peg, and Chicken had Rooster, and Wolf had Dog, but naught was left for Ergod, adn he said 'it is not good.' Thus he made Enden, his mistress, and so they wed before Pig and Peg, and Chicken and Rooster, and Wolf and Dog, and Dwarf and Dwarn, and all were happy.

Then something happened that neither intended. Dwarf and Dwarn made a child. And Pig and Peg did too. Chicken and Rooster laid eggs, and Wolf and Dog had a litter. So now there were babies, and more and more came, and Dwarf's house grew, and so did the fences, and homes for the Dogs, and pens for the Wolves, and all was good again.

Ergod learned and he too made a child, and he named him Silque. Silque grew as any other, but had none to play with or speak with, so Ergod made others. He made Silden and Quilda and Remen, and made them Gods, and they wed Mulen, Derma, Nenden, and Iquil, and all made children, and the Kingdom of Deregle grew. It was great and clear and fair and beautiful and everything it should be, and he was happy.

Now all were grown, and old and weary, so Ergod needed new creatures, and he made Worm, but Worm was eaten by Chicken, so he made Horse. Horse was grand and fair, brown and white, and Dwarf was intended to tame him, but he could not, so Ergod made Man. Man was tall and fair and great all at once, and he tamed Horse, and rode him across empty field, and all was good. But now Man and horse wanted a challenge, and so Ergod made Hills, and Man rode over them, and then he made Rivers, and Man waded them. So Ergod made Mountains, and Man could not climb them, but Dwarf could delve deep in them. So he made Man govern Chicken and Pig and Wolf and Dog and all else, and he made Dwarf and Dwarn delve, and so they did.
Old 02-14-2004, 05:59 PM   #2
Azhag_Nuug
Hobbit

This isn't with the Gods, but I wrote out a few poems I think I'm going to post.

Ths Fish Song

Sing ha!
For fish is cooked,
Once raw,
No more,
No more!
Tis cooked!
Sing wee!
For hungry are we be,
But now are not,
For fish is hot,
Sing ha!
For fish is cooked once raw!

The Water Song

Slinking,
Sinking,
Plinking,
Dinking,
Water drinking.

That one wasnt' much.

Song of Galamad

The leaves were green,
The fairest seen,
And none were sad,
In Galamad.
Urin Tenesenaerian!
Frurmen Inerndiean!

There are supposed to be some accents on the last two lines of this but I'm not sure what kind they should be.

The Deep Dell Song

Though green it be,
You soon will see,
Not all is well,
In this deep dell.

An Elvish Lament

Enen mueselderen,
Iflin yeareniten,
Buram indin meaterenen,
Desend intuearinen.

My Elf alphabet is still a rough version so I am not going to put the translation yet
Old 02-14-2004, 06:06 PM   #3
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Hehe, the whole pig and wolf and chicken thing is cute .

I liked your songs, some of them were quite clever .

If I might suggest:

The Water Song

Slinking,
Sinking,
Plinking,
Dinking,
Water drinking.

Perhaps changing it a bit to:

Sinking,
Plinking,
Water drinking.

And of course that opens it up again for more text. It has a good start, I would suggest you try to make it longer.

"Song of Galamad

The leaves were green,
The fairest seen,
And none were sad,
In Galamad.
Urin Tenesenaerian!
Frurmen Inerndiean!"

I love this one! It's very pretty.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote