Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 02:43 AM   #41
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*Suddenly Eärniel comes running back to the rest of the TLA. A giant mass of jumping amphibian creatures follows right behind her. Their croaking and 'nibbit, nibbit' fill the air. Varda shrieks and jumps into Manwë's arms.*

Eärniel: Hey guys, look wat I made!

*She stops in front of the rest. The little army settles at her feet.*

Manwë: What... what are those?

Eärniel: *beams proudly* Frogs! Cute, no?

Varda: They're slimy.

Eärniel: *insulted* So's your underwear!

TC: It is? Say Varda, do Valar actually even wear underwear?

Varda: Don't you start again!

*Unnoticed Melkor sneaks behind Eärniel and gives all her frogs bulging eyes and then runs away laughing.*

Eärniel: *whines* No! Mel-ko-ooor! That's not funny! *picks up frog* Poor thing. Mm... it doesn't look so bad. In fact now that I think of it, it's rather cute...

Melkor: Dang!

Manwë: Um... could you um... send those um... creatures away? My arms are getting stiff and Varda isn't the lightest of persons.

*Eärniel claps her hands and the little creatures jump away to ponds and rivers. Varda gets out of Manwë's arms and slaps him for good measure since he insulted her weight and then storms off.*

Manwë: *sigh* Women....
Old 04-15-2003, 07:02 AM   #42
Elf Girl
Lurker

Ulmo: *far away* What are those ugly bulge-eyed things in my rivers?!

Eärniel: *smirk*

Last edited by Elf Girl : 04-15-2003 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-15-2003, 04:33 PM   #43
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
Christa:Poriferan

*Nematod*

Christa:Mollusk

*Echinoderm*

Christa:Protostome

*Narrarator goes off to bother someone else, and Christiana creates wolves and horses*

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 04-15-2003, 05:13 PM   #44
Arcala
Elven Warrior

Manwe: Something's biting my toes....

He looks down, and sees....ants!

Manwe: Ahh! Get off my toes, you creepy little things!

Arcala: They're called ants. Don'tcha like them?

Manwe: Not another one of them! First frogs now this!

Arcala: By the way, don't Valar wear shoes?

Manwe: Ohh.......*sighs*
Stay in bed, float up stream (float up stream)

Please, don't wake me, no, don't shake me
Leave me where I am - I'm only sleeping

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find there's no need (there's no need)

Please, don't spoil my day, I'm miles away
And after all I'm only sleeping..."

-from the Beatles' I'm Only Sleeping
Old 04-15-2003, 08:38 PM   #45
Claenoic
Queen of Prolonged, Unexplained Absences

Claenoic/Vaire: Unngghh... me bored *Has already filled up her tapestry making quota and is bored* Humph... MAAAAAAAAANDDOOOOOOOOOSSS!!!!!

Mandos: ... Yes? -_-

Claenoic/Vaire: As a Vala (I love saying that! I'm a VALA!!! ^_^), what else can I do?

Mandos: Umm... you merely took up weaving as a hobby. You can do anything an ordinary Vala can do.

Claenoic/Vaire: Really? *squeals* I'm gonna make something!!!! *Hops along to make something.*

Mandos: Maybe I shouldn't have said that...

Meanwhile...

*Aule loves chocolate. Really. Reallyreallly-*

Aule: Shut up

*Make me*

Aule: *Knows it's inevitable*

*Now continue*

Aule: *sighs* I'll make a number of diminutive beings that not only can help stop Melkor, but make MOUNDS and MOUNDs of Chocolate...

*Good Vala. I conquer.*

Aule: *Buries face in hands*

MEANWHILE...

Claenoic/Vaire: Hmm... *Is almost done with making the third type of animal to roam Middle-Earth. There's something missing from this black-and-white creature though... Claenoic/Vaire brightens! She has it!* Heheheheheee... *puts a beak on it* Wonderful!!!! Now what shall I call it.... PENGUIN!!!!

*A penguin materializes in front of her*

Claenoic/Vaire: Now... SPEAK, my creation!

Penguin:... Mier?

Claenoic/Vaire: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

OOC: Needed to start up the thing with Aule. As much as we know that dwarves don't have much to do with the TLA'ers, it's just nice to go bookwise for a while...

FREAK RAIN!!!!!!!! O.o

Queen of prolonged unexplained absences and long, loooong car rides.

Well, hullo everyone. As you can see, I don't hang out here muchly anymore. There's a good reason for this. Y'see, I've been hanging out at a different chatboard called Cardboardia. So far, I've been havin' a blast. Not that I don't love the TLA, but the magic of Entmoot is lost on me. So, as soon as TLA ends, so will my existance here, probably.

Who knows though? I might stay. Highly unlikely however. This is a good bye in advance, then. Unless you want to join me and my group of friends at Cardboardia.

Cheers!
Old 04-15-2003, 10:43 PM   #46
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

Renille-*comes in riding a...thing...(A horse,actually.)* WHEE! Lookit! I'm riding a horse! YAY!

Nienna- *sob* Dear child, you're going to *sob* hurt that poor, poor horse! *sob*

Renille- But, I can't help it. I LOVE riding.

*All of a sudden, out of Nienna's tears there emerged something like...a piece of plastic with writing on it. It was the very first liscence.*

Nienna- This is to control your wild habit. Now you may never leave home without it, and...

*Melkor theme music...sinister laugh...and the liscence has vanished! Kapoof! Into oblivion for poor Maia,Valar, Elves, dwarves and queens alike to search for forever and ever and ever and ever and...*

Renille- Okay. Got the point. Stop.Please. *sob*

Nienna- Oh, poor thing. Come with me. We can mourn and try to right this together. *They commence*
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Old 04-16-2003, 02:51 AM   #47
Earniel

*With help of Nienna Renille survives the dreadfull loss of the first riding license. They cannot wholly right the aweful evilness of Melkor deed but they did find a way to amend it at least a little. Together they established an age of maturity after which a person can obtain a license through a test. And Renille, like so many after her, has no other choice but to wait and long for her license until that time arrives. Meanwhile at Aulë's forge:*

Aulë: *singing along at crafting the dwarves* There! So that makes seven of them. Now all I have to do is instruct them in making sweeeet chocolate.

Iluvatar: Ahum....

Aulë: *suspicious* Who's there?

Iluvatar: You hear an disembodied heavenly voice and who do you think it is?

Aulë: *unsure* Is that you, narrator?

Iluvatar:.....

*Mwahahahah!*

Iluvatar: *sighs and silences the narrato...* No it is me, Iluvatar, you silly Vala. Just what do you think you are doing?

Last edited by Earniel : 04-16-2003 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-16-2003, 11:18 AM   #48
goldiegollum
Enting

A strange spirit was atracted to the singing. she liked singing herself, and felt cheeted to be left out of it. So she started singing with them, though they didn't notice. Unfortunatley, she kept on singing and flying around the wierd singing, and kept on humming and singing and dancing and having general fun because there was no gravity and didn't even notice all the others were gone.
*scratches head* errr...did I miss something?

So as usual she was late, but after a lot of wrong turns (it's hard to find your way in space, random spirits very bad at giving and recieving directions) she finally found the planet they were all creating stuff on.

ME: I WANNA DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*dives through atmosphere*
MY TURN!!!!!!!!! *arrives before manwe* sorry i'm late! C'n i be here!?? have they created trees yet??? *procedes with more annoying questions as Manwe shakes his head and wonders if Asprin has been created yet*

But WHY...

I am the holder of the squeaky.
*squeaka-squeaka-squeaka*
Old 04-16-2003, 05:11 PM   #49
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
OOC: Cleonic created penguins! NOOOOOOOO! Agh! Cough! I'm gonna die!

OOC2: Sorry, that was Human. Damnit! I'm gonna make something! I got it! Oh this is so great.

*Katt is seen sitting in a medow of no real consequence, by a stream of no real consequence, making plants of no real consequence.*

Katt: Sigh! It's the first day, and I am making plants. *Hums Spring from Vivaldi's Four Seasons* I think I'll call this white one Narcissis. Look how he stares at himself.

*Yavanna walks by.*

Katt: Look what a beautious flower I have made for you!

Yavanna: That is lovely Katt, however, it needs more color. *Gestures to Narcissis and it turns a lovely shade of light blue*

Katt: Oh how lovely!

Yavanna: Very good Katt. You are not half as insane as the others.

Katt: *Twitches and accidentially crack's neck* Thank you.

*As soon as Yavanna turned her back, Katt had to stifle an evil laugh. She bit off another piece of chocolate and went back to work.*

Katt: Now, let's see. I want an animal. A soft and loveable one. One that all will adore...

*As she spoke something began to form in her hands. It was small and soft and, like all beginings, white.*

Katt: There we are. It is lovely. That is it! It will be a symbol of love and fertility, so it must breed quickly. But it is still white. How did Yavanna do it? Hmn, *Gestures to animal which suddenly becomes a frightening shade of pink.* Oh dear! It looked better white!

*Katt set the animal down and made more that she kept white this time. She set the white ones loose.*

Katt: Farewell little bunnies! But what to do with this pink one?

*Katt picked up the bunny and headed back to where she came from. There she saw Maggie.*

Katt: Maggie! Darling! Look what I made!

Maggie: What is it?

Katt: A bunny. The rest of them are white. This was my first try and I colored it rather badly. Would you like it?

Maggie: I would love it! It's so cute! Thank you Katt.

Katt: Not at all.

*Katt skipped off to go make grasshoppers. On second though, Katt thought that they should make noise but she had already let them go, so she made crickets.*

Maggie: Yes, this bunny is quite lovely. Of course there really should be two of them. And they need some modifications...

*Thus was the first Pink Fluffy Bunny created.*

OOC:

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Old 04-16-2003, 05:58 PM   #50
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
*Just then,Melkor made a creation so evil, so hideous, that they would plauge the entire earth*
Melkor:Muhhahahahahahaa!!!!!!I just invented SSA'a and insurance salesmen!*

SSAto Renille) young lady, do you have a riders license?

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Old 04-16-2003, 06:50 PM   #51
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

OOC: Ai! I leave you all alone for a couple days and... yeesh! Oh well! I suppose that as long as we remember that other stuff still needs to happen there's no harm in stretching out the creation stuff...

IC:

Willow(I'm not Maggie yet.) : PFB's? Katt! That was MY creation!!!!
Look, you did it ALL wrong, the ears aren't long enough, the pink isn't pink enough and you have no idea what sort of internal organs they're supposed to have. Did it ever occur to you that maybe they weren't just random figments? That I had actually worked out the technicalities of these creatures? All you've done is create pink rabbits. (turns Katt's creation brown and releases it.) This is how you create PFB's.

(She snaps her fingers and there appears two PFBs, they are larger than the other rabbit and their fur is a bright pink material that, upon closer inspection turned out to be hard as steel though with a cotten candy texture, and their ears were long and wide, tapering to a point at the top. Just as they came into exsistence however they heard the Melkor theme music, and before it could be stopped...)

Willow: Melkor!!!!! Those were MY bunnies! Look what you've done! You've given the poor things fangs, that's gonna mess up their entire overbite you stupid tone deaf vala!

Melkor: (Laughs evilly, infuriating Willow)

Willow: That's it! This is war Melkor!!!! Bunnies! After him!!!!!!

(And thus began the first war between the Valar and Melkor.)
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 04-17-2003, 01:06 AM   #52
Human#3.141592653
Elven Warrior

OOC: Huamn turna on her computer, logs onto entmoot, and begins to type happily. But suddenly... the phone rings! Blasted phone, she thinks before getting up and answering.

Human: Hello? *No response*

She feels a strange evil taking over her...a great green cloud of evil desends from on high, and evlopes Human! Her fingers begin to fly over the key board!

IC:

Katt: *Huffs and looks sad* But..but..I only wanted to give you a nice fluffy present...and

*sniffle*

*sniffle*

*WAIL*

I'm gonna run away! And pretend to be an elf, (as soon they get here...)

OOC: Human awakes to find a strange message typed in her name... this can only be the work of a an evil, far older that thought look gone...Souron-Katt!

(Katt's idea. She really did call me up with the one cell phone (Ash Fonorir if you are wondering) ...I couldn't help it! She pocessed me! But it's a good idea; she should be Sourn in this thread as well...don't look at me like that! It makes sense!)
Old 04-17-2003, 01:43 PM   #53
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
OOC: No Eliza, it's Ash For-no-rir. Accent on the last sylable. Really. Other than that it was good.

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Old 04-17-2003, 08:25 PM   #54
Elvellyn
The Redneck Elf

*Elvellyn walks up to Katt*

Katt: Elvellyn, where have you been?

Elvellyn: I've been off creating things.

Katt: Well you've been gone long enough! What did you create?

Elv: *she hold something out* I call it a cookie!

Katt: Is it edible?

Elv: Yes, actually it is.

*Katt devours the cookie*

Elv: Hey, Katt, why do you always hang out with that Melkor guy? He's no fun. All he does is try to steal my cookie recipies, and mess up my creations. And what is it he always calls you? Saran..Sharon..Sadaam..er something like that?

OOC: My little brother actually called Sauron "Sadaam" once.
Old 04-17-2003, 08:26 PM   #55
Elf Girl
Lurker

OloriGirl: Manwëëëëëëëëëëëëëëëëëëëëëëë ....

Manwë: GO AWAY!

OloriGirl: I'll defect to Mel-kor......

Manwë: Just go away...

OloriGirl: I'll become a Bal-rog......

Manwë: Please...

OloriGirl: Bye! *leaves*

Manwë: I can't believe she went just like that...

OloriGirl: *glances back at Manwë* Varda's a bit overweight, isn't she?

Manwë: Yes! I mean, NO!

Varda: Grrrrrrr...

OloriGirl: *finally goes off to create more stuff, pleased with the amount of mayhem she has created*
Old 04-18-2003, 12:48 AM   #56
Nazgûl Queen
Elven Warrior

Morauko: WHAT did you say?

OloriGirl: Ermmmmm... nothing?

Morauko: DID YOUM CALL VARDA OVERWEIGHT?!

OloriGirl: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe...

Morauko: *leaps on her and starts to tickle her* Nobody insults MY Goddess!!!

Manwe: Technically, she's not a Goddess...

Morauko: *stops tickling and glare at him* Would you like to take her place?

Manwe: No... er.... I think I'll be fine, thanks...

Morauko: Maybe not. Ooh, I know! VAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDAAAAAA!

Manwe: Oh ****

Varda: What do you want, dearest? *said through clenched teeth and obvious annoyance*

Morauko: Would you like to know what your husband and his Maia just said?

Varda: *sly look* Husband, dearest, what is this she says?

Manwe: No, Morauko, I beg of you! Anything but that!!!

Morauko: Weeeeell...

Manwe: What do you want? I'll do anything!!!

Morauko: Actually, the sight of her attacking you is worth all the power in the world. Besides, I'm a maia aren't I? I can make them myself! *whispers to Varda*

Varda: You said WHAT?!

*Manwe and OloriGirl begin to run extremely fast, with Varda on their tails*

Morauko: Hee hee...

The Nazgûl Queen she was, the Ringwraith, the enemy's most terrible servant; darkness went with her and she cried with the voices of death.

Can be found loitering at Fantasy Essentials or her livejournal...
Old 04-18-2003, 03:48 AM   #57
Earniel

*Back to Iluvatar and Aulë*

Aule: Well..... since your children haven't woken up yet and I wanted to teach someone to make chocolate, I decided to makes these little people. I call them dwarves. Like them?

Iluvatar: Look my boy, I have nothing against creating things. In fact that's the very reason I send you lot there. But you must realise that creating sentient life-forms is not in your jobprescribtion.

Aulë: *sighs* I guess you're right. Well then I suppose I'll just destroy them again.

*Aulë takes his hammer and plans to smite the newmade dwarf-figures. However they shrink back from the hammer and hide their heads in the sand.*

Iluvatar: Nah, let them be. I decided I like them so they get to live. After all this chocolate israther good. However I won't allow them to run around now while my children still sleep. Put them somewhere so they can take a nap for the time being.

*Aulë does as Iluvatar commanded and the dwarves are put deep underground. Yavanna on the other hand isn't so pleased when she hears the tale of Aulë.*

Yavanna: That's it! MANWEEEEEEEEH!

Manwë: *is pleased to have a distraction from Varda's bad mood* Yes, what is it now?

Yavanna: That sneaking husband of mine tells me that all this creating we're doing will eventually be there to be used by Iluvatar's children.

Manwë: Well that was the main idea. If these irritating people *coughTLAcough* won't mess it up first.

Yavanna: And what about my trees?

Manwë: Well, them too.

Yavanna: Darn.

Manwë: What would you like to have then?

Yavanna: I wager maneating trees are out of the question, right?

Manwë: Yes.

Yavanna: So can I have some walking trees that still can kick some butt? That'd be nice.

Manwë: Well... if Iluvatar doesn't veto the idea, I think walking and butt-kicking trees are acceptable.

Yavanna: Yeay! *goes off to create ents*
Old 04-18-2003, 01:06 PM   #58
Elf Girl
Lurker

Varda has caught up with OloriGirl, who is desperatly creating Valar-repellant.

Varda: Why - did - you - say - I - was - overweight?

OloriGirl: Poof! *a bottle appears in her hand* Yes! *sprays chemical-smelling stuff out of the bottle at Varda*

Varda: That smells awful. *shows no sign of moving*

OloriGirl: Crud. Oh wait, it says "Shake for 30 seconds" *shakes bottle for 30 seconds*

Varda: ANSWER MY QUESTION!

OloriGirl: Haha! *sprays shaken bottle at Varda*

Varda: ... *doesn't move*

OloriGirl: Crud! *waves Wingless Plastic Balrog Toy that goes "Squeak" at Varda*

Balrog toy: *squeak*

OloriGirl: *sigh*
Old 04-18-2003, 02:51 PM   #59
goldiegollum
Enting

Meanwhile, The strange spirit (ME)who was late sat up in a tree making something. Manwe, sensing the strangeness and potential power of this creation, and goes to investigate.

ME: hum de dum de la la la l-
Manwe: *peeking over shoulder* Excuse me
ME: *startled* AH! oh, it's you.
Manwe: what are you doing...
ME: dunno. *proceedes with creation* la de la de la *uses fingertip to spraypaint object with pearlescent red and silver*
Manwe: *interested* do you mind if i...
ME: not at all.
Manwe: Just to keep an eye on you... that is *takes seet on oposite branch and watches with child like enthralment as ME spraypaints the object*
ME: Ta da!
Manwe: *practical*No.
ME: *protective* Yes!
Manwe: *forbidding* NO!
ME: *rebelious* Yes!
Manwe: *pleading* NOOO!
ME: *triumphant* YES! IT'S THE SQUEAKIE *holds it up to sky and squeaks it by clamping and unclamping it. An adictive powerful sound begins* *squeaka-squeaka-squeaka*
*puts the small dragonfly clip in hair and hops down from tree, scampering off*
Manwe: *blinks* that was weird *shakes head* Oh well

But WHY...

I am the holder of the squeaky.
*squeaka-squeaka-squeaka*
Old 04-20-2003, 11:20 PM   #60
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

OOC-So, as I understand it, all of us have basically attached ourselves to a Vala and are following them around through at least this part of the book? Kinda? Sounds good.

*Having recovered from the trauma of losing her liscence, Ren has begun to do what she does best. Order poor innocent people around and ask them long, annoying questions. Poor,dear Nienna*

Ren- AHEM. Mr. Narrator sir, please. STOP. NOW.

*Like I said...poor innocent people.*

Ren-Shut up. Anyway, Nienna.Why do you cry so much? It's a very gloomy habit.

Nienna- Oh dear, I just cry to heal the world, that's all.

Ren- But don't you ever need Kleenex?

Nienna- *sniff* What?

Ren- SEEE...you DO need Kleenex! Here...*tries to dig in her purse, only to discover...she left it back at the counselor's office.*

Nienna- By the way...what is Kleenex?

Ren- It's a piece of nice soft paper that you use to blow your nose with. And I don't have any...hmm...why don't I create some? Better yet...why don't I just make this whole island made of KLEENEX!?

Nienna- I think I like it the way it...

Ren- Nonsense. You'll like it much better like... THIS!

*And as she spoke, Nienna's entire island was covered in those very soft pieces of paper in every imaginable pastel cover. It looked like every cough-prone peoples' purses had exploded and deposited themselves on every available piece of land.*

Nienna- Oh my. Well. Thank you. *picks one up and dabs her eyes.* You know, these MAY be helpful...but where do I put the used ones?

Ren-Umm...Umm...in a trashcan. Here. *She creates the GIANTEST trashcan ever. And she left Nienna in search for a less demanding Vala.*

Nienna- Oh my.

OOC- Yep...I know Nienna doesn't get this much credit and attention in the book. But she is my favorite...and she did cry alot...and she DID have an island...the temptations were overwhelming.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Closed Thread