Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 08:44 PM   #1041
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
"Of course! All the Writewraiths, actually." I yelled to Star and the other Writewraiths to come and join us. And then an arrow came flying towards me from out of the castle...
Old 02-06-2003, 08:57 PM   #1042
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
"WHAT THE FEEBER JEEBER!" I yelled, seeing the arrow flying at Kathie. I drew my sword, and ran forward, swinging at it, before it could reach her. I glanced back a Calien. Not even inside the walls yet, and they didn't belive it was her...course I don't know how an elf can chage, so that they don't recognize her, over a few months. It HAD some from the castle direction.

"Something is very wrong." Dawn wrinkled her nose again. I wondered if she had changed when she came to. Maybe she became Kin or something, and her smell strengthed or something...
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-06-2003, 10:48 PM   #1043
Lubyla
Princess Lubyla Greenleaf of the Stars

Location: Sitting in a quiet forest, looking at the darkness and the stars...
I heard Calien shout for us to join. I started forward, as an arrow wized past me, as a reflex, I caught it in mid-air.

"Great, now I have an arrow, but no bow."

'Hah, you think I'm that stupid to forget? You just didn't see it when you opened the pack.'Illali tossed the bow up to me. It was the one I found in my "Place."

I quickly fitted the bow, and shot at whatever had shot at us. "Illali, have you no arrows?"

'Hah, I dont, but Lubyla left a quiver for you. She said you would need them before the end.'

I picked up the quiver, and slung it on my back. Still on Rainstorm, I rode up tp Faith and Calien. Fitting my bow, I took aim. " Where shall I shoot?"

``````````````````````````````
It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt.
It lies behind stars and under hills,
And empty holes it fills.
It comes first and follows after,
Ends life, kills laughter
`````````````````````````````
Old 02-07-2003, 01:01 AM   #1044
Fred Baggins

I now saw where the arrow had come from. I had dropped my sword, when I blocked the first arrow, and now pulled the dagger out of my pocket, the first time it had seen light since I had gotten it back from Calien. Shoving Dawn to Star, I rushed at the...it was a woman!...shouting at Calien, dagger in hand. "HOW DARE you attempt to harm the Empress!"

"Faith, NO!" I heard Calien exclaim behind me, but it was to late. the woman dodged away from me, but not before i managed to put quite a dent in her shoulder.
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-07-2003, 01:13 AM   #1045
Silverstripe

I smiled as I saw who came rushing out of the castle: my cousin Ailin. In her mind messages to me, she apologized profusely, explaining that she hadn't known who I was, and was simply being wary. She shouted greetings to me and the rest of the company, and I ran joyously to meet her.

But my joy quickly turned to horror as Faith came running over screaming, "HOW DARE you attempt to harm the Empress!"

"Faith, NO! You don't understand! That's Ailin, my cousin ... she didn't recognize me at first! I talked to her about it!"

But Faith didn't listen to me; she didn't even seem to hear all of what I said. She lunged at Ailin, wounding my cousin's shoulder. What's more, Faith showed no signs of stopping her mad attack. It was almost as if she couldn't stop herself, as if a battle-rage had made her blind to all else.

The fear showed plainly on Ailin's face. She was a wonderful archer, but not so good at swordfighting, or defending herself against an attack with a sword or dagger. If this went on, Faith might very well kill her!

"Faith, no!" I screamed again. Before she could do any further damage to my cousin, I reached up, grabbed Faith's dagger by its blade, and tried to wrest it from her grasp.
Old 02-07-2003, 01:30 AM   #1046
Fred Baggins

I felt rage fly through every part of my being, the minuet Calien tried to take the dagger. I didn't shout, I didn't scream, I just held on to the dagger, and glared, yelling at her in a voice so low, and calm, only she could hear it.

"Do NOT take my dagger from me. Release the dagger, or...or die yourself."

I certantly didn't occure to me, that after screaming that I would defend Calein, I now threatened her. All I could think of was getting her grubby little greedy hands of the Wargs Bane. I saw her getting ready to put a freezing spell on me, I'd learned how to recognize when she was getting ready to use her...magic, if that was what it was.

"And don't try your tricks on me. It will not work, not as long as I still have the Wargs Bane." I named it out loud. The name that had always been in the back of my head for that dagger, but which I refused to call it. I renched the dagger from her, and as she grabbed for it again, plunged it into her heart. As she fell down, silence covered everything.

" Illuvitar..." I mumbled staring down, at what I had done. "What's wrong with me?" I looked at the bloody dagger, "Wargs Bane..." and down at the Empress. I couldn't see her anymore. My eyes where to blury from tears. I have to get away from here. What am I doing here!? I just killed...I gotta get out! I picked up my sword, and jumped back on Wind Rider, not bothering to sheath the dagger, and turned WR out of there, kicking her in the ribs, so she ran out of there as fast as her legs would carry her. I didn't see Dawn pointing down at my staff, lyaing...or rather floating above the ground, nor did I see Star pick it up...there's a lot I didn't see.
()_))_Crayola_))_>

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 02-07-2003 at 01:33 AM.
Old 02-07-2003, 01:55 AM   #1047
Silverstripe

As Faith stabbed me through the heart, and I fell to the ground in pain, the last thing I thought was

Faith ... kill me... the wind was right!

Then darkness filled my world, and I knew no more.
I don't remember how long I was unconsious. All I can remember is being inside a sort of cavern, with Terwell calling to me, desperately trying to get me to return.

Return? Return where? I thought, struggling to remember. Middle Earth. I did not want to go back to a world of sorrow and pain. I wanted to continue to my true destination.

<Calien! Your people need you. I need you, my Link-twin. Come back to us,> pleaded Terwell.

As I heard Terwell's plea, I knew he was right. I struggled to regain conciousness. I couldn't die while Terwell lived, but I could go into a coma, allowing evil to creep over the kingdom. This could not be! Three times I ordered my eyes to open; three times they refused to obey my command.

"OPEN!" I screamed aloud ... and suddenly my eyes did snap open, and I saw Ailin, Hunter, and "Adrian's group," looking down at me anxiously. Faith, Star, Dawn, and Mauluk were gone.

I wept for all of them, especially Faith, for I knew she would not be returning for a long time now. And I knew, somehow, that if she ever did come back, it would not be as a friend.
Old 02-07-2003, 02:35 AM   #1048
Fred Baggins

What have I done?! I would die before Calein, before my Empress, my friend, my companion. And yet...I just killed her. With Wargs Bane. Wargs Bane, what did that mean? What does any of this mean? Two days ago, the most important thing to me, was finishing my fanfic. Now, it's running from Hunter, or whoever will want to kill me now. They all will most likely. Eru, I don't want to die, I didn't want Calien to die! As thoughts like this ran through my head, I missed the sound of hoofclops behind me. Until I heard the, "IGGIE-BAY!" I kicked WR harder, trying to get away from them, whoever was behind me.
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Old 02-07-2003, 11:46 AM   #1049
Silverstripe

Hunter growled, 'Where is the traitor Faith? I'm going to kill her!'

"No! Hunter, she is gone now, and I still live. I ... must not be too quick to deal out death and judgement," I said, using a well-known phrase that many people from either world would recognize.

"The Writewraith Faith Lowe was a true and loyal friend to me, until that stupid Warg's Bane drove her mad. She is -- almost a SLAVE to that dagger. That is how she will live from this day forth, perhaps thinking she is free, but a slave in reality, and she will come to know it, sooner or later. So her life will be punishment enough. Faith Lowe's only comfort now is that wherever she roams, Starlight Adams and little Dawn shall be with her. But don't worry, I know for certain that Faith will not harm either of them." I paused, tears on my cheeks, then continued,

"I only wish that I could follow Faith, as a friend; to be a companion and a protector, perhaps to find a way to free her from this curse. But that can never be. I am, above all and until death, a Writewraith, and I will try to do what is best for the kingdom. No matter what."

Ailin smiled. "Then you are our true Empress, cousin. Come, all of you, come inside the castle -- come see your new home!
Old 02-07-2003, 07:11 PM   #1050
Lubyla

I followed Faith, I did not know why, the wind pushed me to. I wasa not in control. I heard the scream of a bird. twas not Andodulin, for it was more of a song the bird sang. It flew over my head, a white bird, with silver wing tips. It flew to the castle.

The clipclop of Ithilsila's hooves were heard, though when they came to the castle, to Calien and the rest, it was not Lubyla atop, it twas Andodulin, in his elf form, head bowed, he trotted to the empress.Lubyla was no where to be seen, which struck curiosity in Calien.

Old 02-07-2003, 07:17 PM   #1051
Silverstripe

"Andodulin. Why isn't Lubyla with you? Is something wrong?"
Old 02-07-2003, 07:21 PM   #1052
Lubyla

He sighed. "Lubyla hath fallen. It was a trap to bring her there. It was all planned, and there is nothing to do for her, for there is nothing that can be done, she hath fallen, and shall stay that way. What has happened here? I shall stay with you, for that was her request." The white bird sat in the near tree. It made a loud screatch.

Old 02-07-2003, 07:33 PM   #1053
Silverstripe

"Nothing can be done for her?!" I asked, a bit angrily. "And how, exactly, did Lubyla fall?" Of course, I was suspicious of Andodulin; how could I not be? But whether Andodulin had anything to do with it or not, I needed to know what had happened to my friend.
Old 02-07-2003, 07:38 PM   #1054
Lubyla

Andodulin heard the bird, and looked over to it." Twas that wretched bird who hath killed Lubyla the Fair, Princess of the elves, child of the stars." The bird heard this, and anger grew in it's eyes. With one loud shriek, it attacked Andodulin. "And now it is I it is after, and I fear you are next,fair Calien, Empress of the Writewraiths." He smacked the bird with his hand, and it fell. He turned his back, as the bird screached, seeming to say,'ANDODULIN!!!!!!' It flew onto the shoulder of Calien, and rested there, for the time being.

Old 02-07-2003, 10:05 PM   #1055
Fred Baggins

I kept running, I felt Star on my tale. "Leave me be!" I shouted. "LEAVE ME! I was not in my right mind. Go back to your dead Empress! I leave now!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~About a month or so later

I ran up to the castle. Tried to get it, but they wouldn't let me. "I have to get in!" I exclaimed. "I have to talk to the Empress, I have a letter that MUST get to her!" I'm Freddy, the hobbit that Fran is always dodging. But i had recently been to talk with Faith, and now had something to deliver to the Empress. A letter from her. The gaurds let me in at last, and led me to the Empress. I knelt before her, and offered her the letter. She took it, and I saw her stearing at the seal. I wondered if she would remember it after all. Faith had said she might, but didn't sound to sure. I knew it by heart, I had often stared at it, on nights, wondering what it meant. Likely nothing, but with Faith I could never be sure. Three circles, connected, in a type of triangle, so that each sircle touched the other, with three grape vines, one for each place the circles touched. And inside each circle was a wolf fang. She broke the seal and read it.

"Empress Calien,
I write this letter with sincerest apologies. I write with a sad grin, the grin because it has just reached me that you live after all, and sad because of what I have done, and am yet to do. I pray of you to forgive my wrong doings. I know I deserve death for what I did, and so will not reveal where I am. Nor will my messanger, he will be unable to, even if you torchered him. I long to be back in the Kingdom though, for there is the only place in ME that I feel halfway home.
Star and Dawn are with me, though I think you knew that. Star insisted on comeing, and i could not send Dawn back alone. I almost wish you, or anyone would come to take them far from me though, I might kill them.
Which brings me to my next item of topic. The Wargs Bane should have killed you and your cousin. I have discovered, it is poisened. I will not relay how I discovered this, for it is still to hard to think of what I have done. Back at home I would never have thought of doing half of what I do here. I must be going mad.
I do not think I will ever return, nor will I ever see you again, Empress. Again, I give my sincerest apologies,
(Here it looked like it had said Faith Lowe, but that was crossed out)
Countess Doncamiel the Blue
Wizard of the West
Keeper of Wargs Bane

*Once I noticed the Empress was done reading the letter, a couple times through, she waved to me to leave. I would not let it be so. "Empress, if you don't mind, things with Fran and I havn't been well of late...or ever...and I wish to give myself to your services, however you may use me."
()_))_Crayola_))_>

Last edited by Fred Baggins : 02-08-2003 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-08-2003, 02:57 PM   #1056
Silverstripe

FROM THE JOURNAL OF THE EMPRESS CALIEN

I, Calien, write this entry about a month after the death of Lubyla and Faith Lowe's departure from the Kingdom of Writewraiths, the last events I wrote about in this journal, up to now.

I have been very busy since then, beginning to rebuild the kingdom. It is said a wave of Writewraiths will arrive here in five years, and we must be ready for them.

Hunter is busy gathering an army, and seems happy enough. The Kin have come to the Kingdom, the one place in all of Middle Earth where they are truly accepted. Some, like me, remain elven or human most of the time. Others are more like Hunter, whom I have still never seen in any form other than warg.

Princess Adrian and Lord Calliman are more in love than ever, which we expected; the funny thing is that Celrond appears to be falling for Grace now! It seems our kingdom will soon be filled up with lovebirds. I hope not; there has to be room for the rest of us, who seem much saner and more practical than the lovers.

My mother and father come to visit frequently, and sometimes even Losillewen comes to call. Those visits are very special. I'm learning much from my parents and my aunt, to their delight and mine. We also hear from my mother's brother the king, Ailin's father, once in a while. He's more likely to advise Ailin than me, but the council he does give me is wise, and shows his compassion for his people.

I'm more suspicious of advice from Andodulin. Yes, Andodulin is still here at the castle. I allowed him to come inside, despite my initial reluctance. I didn't believe him when he told me the bird had killed Lubyla. I thought, rather, that this bird had been sent by Lubyla to protect me and my fellow Writewraiths ... perhaps from Andodulin himself!

But Andodulin has done nothing to harm any of us yet, though I still keep a wary eye on him, and am glad that the bird never strays far from my side. I fear that Andodulin may betray me some day, as I believe he has done to Lubyla.

I received a letter from poor Faith Lowe today. No, not from Faith, from the "Countess Doncamiel the Blue." Unfortunately, I am now very aware of the difference between them.

The letter told of how she heard news that I was alive after all, and she said that she was sorry for hurting me. She has become a slave to the Warg's Bane, just as I foretold.

Faith/Doncamiel is still accompanied by Starlight and Dawn. I am happy to know she is not alone, but filled with fear for Star and the child.

I have forgiven Faith and want her to come back, but that can never be. She will not tell me where she is, and I can send no reply. Anyway, she is right when she says she brings danger to those around her, and I cannot expose my fellow Writewraiths to such danger, however much I want my friend back. And she is not the same person she was when she left.

Her messenger, Freddy (yes, Fredigar Burrows) has asked to serve here in the Kingdom of Writewraiths. Of course, I have granted his request; he is a friend of Faith's (in a way) and thus a friend of mine.

Now that it is safe for him to do so, Terwell has returned, escorted back by two of my old friends, Primrose Brandybuck and her companion the red fox Cyrell.

They could not stay for long, but we were having a feast when they came back, so of course Primrose, being a hobbit, could not resist lingering awhile, to eat all the good things our new cook had prepared! That was a merry day, and yet there is a touch of sadness in my heart that will not go away.

Perhaps it will always be there, as old friends depart from us and new friends join us here in the kingdom. Yet as the kingdom is rebuilt, I know there is one more thing that will never leave me entirely, and that is hope.

With a heavy but hopeful heart, I am,

Calien, Empress of the Writewraiths

THE END
Old 02-08-2003, 02:59 PM   #1057
Silverstripe

Watch for Writewraiths in Middle Earth II, coming soon!
Closed Thread