Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-05-2002, 03:43 AM   #21
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*They haul the Faerie wine aboard and store it away for future drunkiness*

Eär:*salutes* All wine is stored away, captain.

EXK: What are your orders now?

EG: *looks thoughtful* I'd say we use the merchantship for catapult practise...

Tano: Yeay! *runs off to prepare various weapons*

EG: ... and then we'll see how our good ship the Nancelot behaves while sailing the interdimensional seas.

Eär: I'll go and check the charts and maps ma'm.

OOC: Middle earth it is
Old 09-05-2002, 04:15 AM   #22
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Meanwhile, hovering around the door that led to the thing in the room (the room is not locked), BoP anxiously clutched onto her pants, as the pre-interdimensional seas did funny things to the crews pants. BoP's were turned inside out. Tano's were set aflame with a blue-ish grey-ish light. EG's were turned into pink fluffy feathers, which fell down around her ankles.

BoP risked a quick glipse into the darkened room where the thing in the room (the room is not locked) crouched in wait. Since it wasn't wearing any pants in the first place, she was greeted by the most unimaginable sight known to man (and woman, and child, and goat) .........
Old 09-05-2002, 01:13 PM   #23
Eruviel Greenleaf
Alcoholic Villain-Fancying Elf Pirate

Realizing what was happening, the Captain grabbed a blanket and wrapped it around her waist like a skirt.
EG: The room (the room is locked) must be unlocked!
Ear: What can be done?
E XK: Lock the room!
Meanwhile, Tano is rolling around the floor of the deck, trying to get the flames out of her pants.
EG: I've the key! I'll go lock it!
The captain runs to go lock the room (the room is not locked) and trips on the blanket, falling flat on her face. She curses, gets up and keeps running.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Eruviel Greenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 02:06 PM   #24
Earniel

EXK: Quick, get a fire extinguisher!

Eär: We don't have any! We traded the last one for a cask of wine!

Tano: AAAAAIIIIEEEEEH!!*keeps rolling over floor*

EXK: Gimme a hand! *picks up Tano with the help of Eärniel and throws her overboard*

Eär:*leaning over the railing* Is that better, Tano?

Tano: *below in the water* Lots, now get me a new pair of pants.
Old 09-05-2002, 02:18 PM   #25
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

The thing in the room (the room is unlocked) was crouched in the corner, muttering to itself. It was an "it", and not a "he" or "she", because it might have been a demon....or something.....um......yeah some demons aren't male or female......hey wait, maybe it wasn't a demon. Maybe it was a hunky man, yet to be reconized (not "reconGnized" because it sounds more hectic like that (kind of like in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, when Jay says "We're Jay and Silent Bob, reconize.")). Nobody knows at this point in time, so you are advised to do away with your preconceptions, alright?

Little did the thing in the room (the room is unlocked) know that the door was slightly ajar, and BoP, clutching her pants (which were made out of wool (as was her pirate hat)), was sneaking a peek into the mysterious lair.

Thing: Skudumph Moomf....skudoomph moomph.....skoodumf moomf....<GASP> THE SCEPTRE!!!!!

Thing was surprised to find the Secret Sceptre (whose power is succeeded by only its mysteriousness) hanging between it's legs, kind of like a giant.....di-no wait....dil-WAIT......um....oh fine, sceptre (whose power is succeeded by only its mysteriousness).

Thing: Hello.
Sceptre: Wassup?
Thing: *Supergasp* Um....heeeello?
Sceptre:
Thing grabbed sceptre (whose power is succeeded by only its mysteriousness) with both hands (it was that big): Speak to me dammit!
Sceptre:
Thing: Okay dude, I know you can talk. I just heard you, man! C'mon! Okay wait.
Thing thinks to itself.
Thing: Alright, maybe if I stroke you, you'll talk to me? Hmmm? Okay let me try.
Thing strokes sceptre (whose power is succeeded by only its mysteriousness).

BoP is captivated by the sight. Thing in the room (the room is unlocked) was stroking the sceptre (whose power is succeeded by only its mysteriousness) between it's legs. Yet BoP could not hear what was going on, so she crept closer to the gap...
Andúril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 09:20 AM   #26
Elfmaster XK
Possessive Villain Fancier

*XK and Eär throw a lne to Tano who is grumbling about being soaked. XK hands her a towel*

Tano - Why me? Why did I get thrown overboard!
Eär - You were on fire! We were only trying to help.
Tano - Yeah...stupidgadamnfireanndthingintheroom(theroomi slocked)causingfires...*she contined to mumble as she walked away to get dry*
Eär- Can't help anyone *shakes head taking bite out of some chocolate* Well, best go look at the charts.
XK - I'll help you!
*go away to look at charts*
XK - Ooooh aren't they pretty!
Eär - Don't touch them, please.
XK - Oooooh, what does that do?
Eär - DON'T touch it please!
XK - Oooooooooooooh, this one must be really old!
Eär - *snatches paper back* Out out out! Mine....my own....my precious....
XK - Whoa...okay. Fine then, i'll just go...*snifs and exits*

Meanwhile below decks the captain is running to the room (the room is unlocked) with her key. As she reaches the room she sees a light glowing from within, and outside BoP transfixed by this light.

EG - NOOOO!!! BOP, you must not!
BoP - Light...must approach...*getting closer to going through door again*
EG - No, BoP, no, don't go towards the light!
BoP - I can't help it, it's so beautiful...*reaches for door*
EG - *just in time slams door shut and quickly locks it. BoP comes out of trance* You are saved! Now come back upon deck. We have places to sail, things to loot, and you will never go in there again.

For secretly, the captain did know of the Thing in the room (the room is now locked) before they stole Nal for she had head whisperings on the cold night air of Seattle, and these whisperings she did not like to share. It was a danger. One which if it wants can overpower the crew. Or at least it thinks so.

*BoP hears*
Thing - You will return BoP, for i talk only to you...

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies,
Fairytales of yesterday will grow but never die,
I can fly - my friends.

XK
Elfmaster XK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 07:27 PM   #27
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Tano is still wet and wrapped in a towel, grumbling, as she walks to find dry clothes. She hears something talking, and sees the cap'n running, key in hand, toward a room.
Tano: Wha...? *follows cap'n to the room (the room is locked) which is currently unlocked, and sees BoP hovering on the doorstep. She peers in and sees...the Thing* What in all of Hades is THAT?
EG: You don't want to know, Tano.
Tano: Well, actually--
EG: You don't want to know.
ExK: (coming up behind) That means she doesn't want to tell you.
Tano: Oh, right. Sorry, cap'n. Cripes, that's a disgusting Thing. *wanders off to find dry clothing*

-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2002, 07:52 PM   #28
Eruviel Greenleaf

As Tano leaves, EG also jumps up, runs out of the room, slamming the door behind her and locking it very thouroghly. A few moments later, Tano finds her sitting in her cabin, on her hammock, nearly hyperventilating. She looks rather green. Tano sits down on a chair, and says: Er...you okay, cap'n?
EG: I'm fine...I think I need something to drink...
Tano pours her a shot of vodka. EG drinks it quickly and says: The room (the room is locked) must never be opened.

"Whoever has come to understand the world has found only a corpse, and whoever has found a corpse is superior to the world."
-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 09-07-2002, 01:22 AM   #29
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

(As all of this goes on the poor forgotten prisenor sits and watches in bemusement.)

Willowthinking) These pirates sure are disorganized...
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2002, 09:03 AM   #30
Earniel

Eärniel locks her most precious maps away from eager fingers and goes on deck*

Eär:*sees bewildered prisoner* Mmmm, I forget all about her. Maybe I'll ask the captain permission to keelhaul her. *grins and knocks on EG's cabin door*

EG: Who's there?

Eär: Me.

EG: Me? Now that's a big help....

Eär: *enters* I've got a map to get to the portal, captain.
Old 09-07-2002, 01:43 PM   #31
Elfmaster XK

XK - *approaches prisoner with shot of whiskey* Hello?

Willow - Umm, hi. I'm kinda confused, can you untie me?

XK - No! Do you want some whiskey?

Willow - No thanks...

XK - No, you're supposed to say yes please.

Willow - But i don't like whiskey...

XK - DRINK! *Willow drinks* There. Now, in a few moments Tano is going to fire her catapult at your ship...

Willow - But then she'll never be able to use it again...

XK - Hmmm, you're smart, maybe you could join us. I'll ask the cap'n. *unties and takes Willow to captain's quarters only to find she is there with Tano, looking quite disturbed* What's wrong cap'n?

EG - Nothing. Nothing is wrong, not now the room (the room is locked) is locked. What news do you bring?

XK - Can the prisoner join the crew?

EG - If she is of use, what can you do? *all look at Willow*

I can fly - my friends.

XK

Last edited by Elfmaster XK : 09-13-2002 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-14-2002, 01:52 AM   #32
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

OOC: My apoligies for the long silence friends.

IC

Willow: Umm... I can fly when my wings aren't soaked through.

Tano: Flying is sort of useful, I think.

XK: She's a little small though, a normal sized person could probably squash her in a fight.

Willow: Obviously, if it were otherwise I wouldn't be a prisoner here would I?

Tano: On the other hand that's probably what her wings are for. You don't need to fight if you can fly away really fast.

XK: But she can't fly at all when she's wet like she is now. That can be a serious handicap when you're on a ship.

Willow: I got caught off guard when the ship turned around. Generally I have enough warning to catch myself before I hit the water. I'm not any pest, and as you said I'm too small to be a danger to you. And if you were going to kill me why did you bother rescuing me from drowning anyhow?

EG: Hmmmm.... Very well, she can stay alive for now. But if she isn't useful and gets in the way you guys can kill her.

Willow: (gulps and resolves to be as useful as she possibly can.)
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Willow Oran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 03:20 AM   #33
Eruviel Greenleaf

The assembled crew leaves to finish plundering the merchantman. EG leaves last, and as she turns to go, Willow sees her wink, a slight grin on her face.

Later, Captain Eruviel Greenleaf is in her cabin, sipping some faerie wine. There is a knock on the door.
EG: Come in.
E XK enters, polishing one of her knives.
We shall take a moment to describe the cabin. Considering it's on a ship, the room is rather spacious. On the wall to the left (if you're standing in the door, as the First Mate was at this moment) is a desk, covered in an array of charts, parchment, ink, quills, some knives and daggers, and several Altoid tins. Not full of altoids, except for one but no one (save the Captain) knows which one it is. Above the desk, three swords are hanging, quite securely fastened to the wall, though easily taken down if the Captain needs them. One is a katana, hanging horizontally above two crossed claymores. In a cabinet next to the desk is an assortment of smaller weapons, like knives and the like, as well as more charts, many books, and a crystal ball on a wooden stand. Nobody, including the captain, really knows what the crystal is for. (ooc: hint...plot for later! )
On the wall to the right are hung some tapestries. One depicts the Two Trees of Valinor, one the coming of the Valar and Vanyar in the War of Wrath, and one of an Unseelie wild hunt, of all things. Below these tapestries is a small, round table, set with two chairs, on which is a tray with two glasses and a decanter of Tokay (). On either side of the door, there is another tapestry, of Earendil ascending to the skies for the first time, and more assorted weapons: a shield, a battle axe, a morning star, a longsword and a shortsword. In one corner are the weapons the captain usually uses. In the other is a very comfortable-looking hammock, with many pillows and cushions.
The Captain, at this time, is sitting in a chair, feet up on her desk, a glass of red wine in one hand.
EG: 'allo, mate! What can I do for you?

(ooc: sorry for the long description; I felt like writing...)

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 09-15-2002, 12:52 PM   #34
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc" did not have any knoledge of new wine quest till I saw the post from EXK.

Ic
Sici: looks at crew of pirates) This is going to be one weird ship life.
looks at a door that seems to be locked. "I wonder whats in there?"
Tries to open door but is stopped by a crew member with a rather lerge red brocken red wine bottle in her hand.
It was a pirate elf. OKAYYYYY I knew I should have gotten of the boat when that rather stupid lady jumped overboard to get her blue necklace. Oh well as long as get some of that wine.

walks around ship and notices a feary and an elf drinking whiskey. oooo I want some!!!
Old 09-15-2002, 01:47 PM   #35
Elfmaster XK

XK - Mind of o sit down cap'n?
EG - Not at all, what's bothering you?
XK - *sits* Nothing really. But i think something may be bothering you. That incident with the room (the room is locked.) It wasn't right. Strange things happened, even by our standards! I was just wondering if you could tell me...what's in that room?
EG - *sighs, looking undecided* I don't know if that's a good idea.
Xk - I think the crew needs to know...well, okay, i just want to know, but if you don't tell everyone what's going on then they might just go to find out.
EG - No, the key is gone, the room is locked forever.
XK - Okay, but if you have any reason to want to explain the room (the room is locked) then i'll be in my cabin next door....*XK gets up* Oh, Eärniel is checking her charts now, we're heading for the portal.
EG - Excellent! Soon we'll be truly underway, and closer to the wine!
XK - Indeed we will. Incidentally, that sword *points* its fantastic, where did you get it?
EG - *smiles and pours a glass of wine for XK* Sit down and have a drink, it's quite a story!
*At the word story Tano, Eärniel, Willow, Sicirus and Arathorn all enter, say 'captain' and sit on the floor to hear the tale*

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-15-2002, 02:42 PM   #36
Eruviel Greenleaf

The Captain smiles at the assembled crew, then turns to E XK and asks, 'wait, which sword?'

-The Gospel of Thomas

SQUAWK!
Old 09-16-2002, 08:38 AM   #37
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

sici: recoils* That large sword on your desk captain.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:38 AM   #38
Elfmaster XK

XK sheaths her own sword, now very very shiney and stand up. She walks over to the cabinet and opens it, taking out a shortsword.

XK - No not that one, this one cap'n, it's....ooooooooo.....what about that!

She leant forwards, staring at the crystal ball. She'd never noticed it before, though they hadn't been long on the Nal anyway. XK reached out to touch it when she saw a flash of red in it. She jumped back shutting the cabinet quickly.

EG - Ah, that sword!

She took it from XK, looking lovingly at it. It had helped her though tough times. And it was very very pretty. XK looked at the others then back at the crystal. No one seemed to have seen the flash as she had. She put her attention back with the cap'n and the sword, waiting for the story, but that red light as in her mind, growing, spreading through her thoughts.

OOC - Almost forgot to say to EG that the cabin description was just beautiful!

I can fly - my friends.

XK
Old 09-16-2002, 08:42 AM   #39
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

looking at the crystal ball in the cabinet shot up the crew and my suspicion. It looked like a large Palantir. But who had the other one???

XK: Well my friends heres the story.

She seemed to be shanging the subject quite quickly. But I love a story anytime.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:52 AM   #40
Earniel

Eär: *complete unaware of any red flashes or palantir shaped objects* Yeay! Story time! *moves from floor to softer bed and sits down on it*

EG: *smiles and strokes the sword lovingly* Ah yes... this sword. Well it all started a long time ago when I was but a wee lass in pirating....

Tano: Cool! *hands bag of chips around*