Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 10:10 PM   #81
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Great new posts, Gordis, Serenoli and Crazy Squirrel! I loved the terror trick that our ML inflicted upon Nimrael the eavesdropping ladies' maid. That was the bomb! And I loved Lilly's sneaky sexual advances and crafty ideas with Valandil, and Serenoli - how cool! Tolvadok's got a little girlfriend - he MUST be interested in her to endure the water and the sunny day like that; that was a neat little scene. I could feel the warm sun and see the river, and I picked up on the senses he had. Nice!

Udu - I'm so glad you're back! I really look forward to your next entry.

Lady M - that WAS a cool drawing! Great posts, too as usual.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:49 AM   #82
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Lotesse, I have an idea for what Lomi heard. I'll pm it to you when my house isnt falling down round my ears.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:55 AM   #83
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Crazy Squirrel, that was so very funny... I like Lili more n more every passing day... and I missed you posting, so I'm glad you're up again

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 01-08-2006, 05:49 AM   #84
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Have just posted.

Val, Gor and Udu, I hope neither of you is going to kill me for the little fun Lilly has had in my last post. Anyway, I can always edit !
Very funny post, CS.
Oh scheming Lilly!
Gor will wring her neck if she ever finds out. But the important question is what Val is going to do. It is easy to learn that Maethor came to Tharbad only two days ago...

Serenoli, Tol's romantic scene was absolutely GREAT!
Loved every word. Especially the part about Tol's family...

Last edited by Gordis : 01-08-2006 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #85
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
But the important question is what Val is going to do. It is easy to learn that Maethor came to Tharbad only two days ago...
Gordis, things pretty much hinge upon what Val is going to do with the information he has just received from Lilly. That coniving little minx could certainly rock the apple cart.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:57 PM   #86
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
Gordis, things pretty much hinge upon what Val is going to do with the information he has just received from Lilly. That coniving little minx could certainly rock the apple cart.
Qiute right, Udu. It seems our Val had been so badly upset by having a rival, that he stopped posting. Eh, Val??/

If Aiwendis learns about Lilly's lies, she will willingly help Udu in his little dungeon. Or are we still estranged by Khamul's vile hints?
Old 01-08-2006, 08:52 PM   #87
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Qiute right, Udu. It seems our Val had been so badly upset by having a rival, that he stopped posting. Eh, Val??/

If Aiwendis learns about Lilly's lies, she will willingly help Udu in his little dungeon. Or are we still estranged by Khamul's vile hints?
Gordis,

Khamul and Udu are more or less at peace, or are not at each other's throats presently. I have checked my records from before my computer became impossible to use. There was a stern admonition from the ML to "Keep away from Lilaenwen, or prepare to face the consequences." Another plot twist that should be interesting.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:19 AM   #88
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Not exactly - but I've had a few other things to keep me hopping, and just haven't been able to be a once-a-day poster for awhile.

On a brighter note, got my third chapter up for my new fanfic today!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 01-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #89
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Quote:

Have Gor and Udu seen eachother since that? If not then them seeing eachother again could be interesting.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 01-09-2006, 04:04 PM   #90
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Have Gor and Udu seen eachother since that? If not then them seeing eachother again could be interesting.
Indeed...
No, they haven't met since the night after the reception.

LMM. I have posted for the Chancellor and Mahtaliel. As usual, I am ready to edit.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:43 PM   #91
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

No edits needed Gor. That was brilliant.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 01-09-2006, 04:45 PM   #92
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Mwahaha...I'll get the two drunk as requested, then have them stumble aroundand head over for Shah to make a hangover cure....hehehe, he is a considerate fellow, and doesnt want her to be chewed out for being a bit buzzed the next day.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:35 PM   #93
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Oy... just had a momentary image of the havoc that would be wreaked if she were to run into either Khamul or the ML while drunk. Lessening of inhibitions ahoy... *shudder*
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

Old 01-09-2006, 06:09 PM   #94
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
No edits needed Gor. That was brilliant.
Thanks, LMM. I am happy you liked it

I hope "old maid' Rian will not be offended

So I was right, the ML and Mahtaliel did have some interesting common "friends".

I thought with some more booze Mahtaliel could tell Shah some more about her fright in the forge?

Also, LMM and Shah, if you get very drunk, you can join the male professors at the Easterling dancers show this evening.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:18 PM   #95
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
heehee! No, that was a very deliciously mean comment She certainly IS old and unmarried! But that's because no one is good enough for her ...

(ps - did you mean "incident" when Mahtaliel spoke, not "accident" ? )

Very nice posts, everyone, esp. Serenoli's - wonderful feel of water uneasiness

GW - Tyaron is nervously riding back to Tharbad ....

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 01-09-2006 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #96
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
heehee! No, that was a very deliciously mean comment She certainly IS old and unmarried! But that's because no one is good enough for her ... :
All old maids say exactly that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
(ps - did you mean "incident" when Mahtaliel spoke, not "accident" ? )
Of course! I shall go correct.
And Rian, I am really GRATEFUL for that nitpick! One of my goals in participating in the RPG is to improve my English a bit. Pity that I get so very few English-language nitpicks. Please, All, I will be most grateful for that sort of comments.
Old 01-09-2006, 06:54 PM   #97
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
All old maids say exactly that!
But of course!

You know, I still hate eating the last of anything in a dish That was one of the folk tales I heard, that if you eat the last of something in a dish, that you'll be an old maid! My 20-year wedding anniversary is coming up in April, despite the fact that I sometimes took the last thing from a dish, though, if those things were chocolate ... so much for that folk tale

Quote:
Of course! I shall go correct.
And Rian, I am really GRATEFUL for that nitpick! One of my goals in participating in the RPG is to improve my English a bit. Pity that I get so very few English-language nitpicks. Please, All, I will be most grateful for that sort of comments.
Your English is excellent, but I will keep your request in mind. The two words sound very similar; I imagine you just switched them in your head, since she would have used the same word the Chancellor used, I imagine.

Earniel has something that she says that is incorrect in English, but it is so cute that I haven't corrected her!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 01-09-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #98
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quote:
Thanks, LMM. I am happy you liked it

I think Mahtaliel was the one really offended by that comment, she's even older than Rian and also unmarried.

Quote:
So I was right, the ML and Mahtaliel did have some interesting common "friends".
They do now. Your guess was as good as mine as to whether or not she had met Annatar personally. She's a rather secretive character.

Quote:
I thought with some more booze Mahtaliel could tell Shah some more about her fright in the forge?
Oh definitely. How much more remains to be seen. Sane and I haven't really figured out just how much she's already told Shah about herself.

Quote:
Also, LMM and Shah, if you get very drunk, you can join the male professors at the Easterling dancers show this evening.
Tempting, but probably not a good idea. Mahta can be rather unpredictable when drunk. Besides, she and Shah have their own entertainments.

- The Crucible

Last edited by Lady Marion Magdalena : 01-09-2006 at 07:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:18 PM   #99
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Serenoli - That last post of yours was absolutely beautiful; I believe it's your best yet! It was so evocative, and - just beautiful. I really got pulled into that scene, sitting there near the river with the afternoon sun setting, and I could literally picture a pensive Tolvadok and the light young woman cuddling up next to him.

There's one error, though, about the Morgul Lord - Our ML actually WISHES for Viv to get close to this particular mortal of hers, her Ray. He specifically wants Viv to pursue Ray, and so that one bit you may want to change. Viv, so far anyway, is still in the good graces of her superiors. This is part of her inner tension, the fact that she always walks such a balancing line, trying to keep her evil family happy, ALL of them, yet also trying to get a bit of love & happiness for herself.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 01-09-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:29 PM   #100
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
[There's one error, though, about the Morgul Lord - Our ML actually WISHES for Viv to get close to this particular mortal of hers, her Ray. He specifically wants Viv to pursue Ray, and so that one bit you may want to change. Viv, so far anyway, is still in the good graces of her superiors. This is part of her inner tension, the fact that she always walks such a balancing line, trying to keep her evil family happy, ALL of them, yet also trying to get a bit of love & happiness for herself.
That is true, the ML ordered Viv to get close to Ray. And yes, she is doing very fine.
But he will not be happy if she looses HER heart to a mortal. That is a real danger.
Closed Thread