Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 05:36 PM   #21
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
Anyhows, i'm kinda oblivious to whats going on in commerse. Is there to be a big hootananny about something? Must Raendil and Marthalion come to their king's aid, valiently swinging sticks at the over friendly females?
You may swing sticks on the other Nine (FEMALES, I mean ), but I don't recommend doing it at Lilly! She is vicious with a dagger, and her dagger is of that sort ... I better will not tell.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:38 PM   #22
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
And I would hardly call her day uneventful.
You don't yet know what is an EVENTFUL day !
Old 01-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #23
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

No, I'd think that they would politely shove Lilly. The FemSticks they'd use on the other students!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #24
sun-star
Lady of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
Sun-star just gave up the ghost i believe. She hasnt been on the moot since her last post in game...strange.
It was Christmas I wasn't planning to be a very active player in any case. Anyway, I'm back now and luckily almost no time has past since my last visit...
For centuries to come, when not a soul
Is left to picnic on the blazing rocks,
When England is not England, when mankind
Has blown himself to pieces. Still the sea,
Consolingly disastrous, will return
While the strange starfish, hugely magnified,
Waits in the jewelled basin of a pool.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:45 PM   #25
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Huzzah! A player has returned from the mists that were the holidays (or bad computer troubles, in on case...)

And with 2 posts, we can see you arent all to active!

But yeah, come and have a chat with marty or something, he is feeling awefully lonely. Its hard work staying clean and reputable.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:50 PM   #26
CrazySquirrel

Glad you are back Sun!
CS hops up and down.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:01 PM   #27
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Gordis, I hope you don't mind Eärniel's view on the ship models. I thought it'd be fun to contrast.
No, I am happy you visited my models. I am quite proud of them.

And, sure, the Elven-ship was inaccurate.
Actually, I believe, the models were made before the Chancellor arrived to Tharbad. The museum may have been started late in the Second Age, while most of the models were made after the Downfall, following the old pictures and schemes. So the artists who made the models never saw the actual ships, except, perhaps, the latest ones.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:04 PM   #28
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

All right Gordis, I've established that it happened and written an outline of the encounter between the ML and Mahtaliel. Go ahead and write the full scene when your character gets to mid-afternoon.

Quote:
You don't yet know what is an EVENTFUL day !
She has a very good idea of what an EVENTFUL day is, she's lived through plenty of them and probably realizes that more are on the way. This is just a foreshadowing type of eventful day.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 01-04-2006, 06:12 PM   #29
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
All right Gordis, I've established that it happened and written an outline of the encounter between the ML and Mahtaliel. Go ahead and write the full scene when your character gets to mid-afternoon.
Thanks, LMM!
But:
Quote:
Ilmenzor has the audacity to come into my forge to tell me off!"
That was REALLY quite bold on his part. Too bold. I don't think any nazgul would come INTO the FORGE, if he can avoid it. Please, make the Chancellor summon you to his office, interrupting your work, to tell you off.

Last edited by Gordis : 01-04-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:17 PM   #30
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Aw... but it's much more interesting this way. How about if he just stands in the doorway? I think he might want to be bold here. Mahtaliel wouldn't take being sumoned to the office as seriously as she would him coming and invading what she considers to be her territory.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

Old 01-04-2006, 06:20 PM   #31
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Aw... but it's much more interesting this way. How about if he just stands in the doorway? I think he might want to be bold here. Mahtaliel wouldn't take being sumoned to the office as seriously as she would him coming and invading what she considers to be her territory.
Hmm... OK, so be it. The Chancellor will drain a few bottles to boost his resolve and go brave the forge.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:26 PM   #32
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Wonderful! Besides, if even he were too afraid to enter it, how could Viv and Aiwendis stand to go in there for Jewelry making?

- The Crucible

Old 01-04-2006, 06:43 PM   #33
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
That was really funny, we have practicully cross posted. Poor Val, he has abandoned SUCH a romantic possibility with Aiwendis just to meet YOU (I bet it was the case , those swan sounds were not random!) and you, o cruel-hearted Elf, went to stare at some old ships instead!
Alas, the scene was planned and partially written before Aiwendis even fainted. But I'll admit to some mischievious stubborness for not wanting to edit the draft to the newly transpired events in the game since I had a follow-up scene planned as well that otherwise wouldn't be possible anymore.

Besides, I believe it will be in Valandil's best interest NOT to catch Eärniel during Swan Speech practise. He'd be cured of his crush on her immediatly, and we do want Aiwendis to have to work for her catch, don't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
No, I am happy you visited my models. I am quite proud of them.
Glad to have been of service. Although I had to reread many pages to re-locate the post to find out just where the models stood.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:48 PM   #34
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Wonderful! Besides, if even he were too afraid to enter it, how could Viv and Aiwendis stand to go in there for Jewelry making?
A VERY good question.

Actually I don't believe either of the nazgulettes could brave the forge. It was Shah, not I, who set the first Jewelry-making class in the forge. I envisioned it in a class-room in the Arts building.

But really, realistically speaking, would jewelry-making require the same type of forge as sword-smithing? I think, for the high-precision things a small forge is needed. It is impossible to make jewelry with the same tools and on the same anvil where weapons are forged.

So why not leave the Forge - the separate small building- for weapons and such, while we install a small forge for jewels in the Arts building itself - in the corner of the class-room, just as in Shah's post. The flames will not be that frightening there.

Also, in the main forge, I somehow don't imagine desks and benches to be, it would be too hot and uncomfortable. Hardly a place for lecturing - only for practical training.

What do you think, LMM?
Old 01-04-2006, 06:59 PM   #35
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
That's why Viv & Aiwendis came up with that little idea together of getting someone else to do their forge-work assignments for them, or have the Chancellor excuse them somehow from forge-duty - remember that conversation they had, Gordis? But it's TRUE; when I initially had Viv all excited about learning how to make jewelry I had been thinking more along the lines of wire-wrapping (the kind of jewelry-making that I do) and setting stones into settings that they'd designed, yet not had to actually cast. Because I don't see us Nazgirls being too excited about melting metal over an ELVEN FORGE, of all things.

You guys, I literally just got home from working all morning since five A.M., so I'm gonna relax for a while & post something later on this evening. I still have to read all the new stuff. Looking forward to it! It's GREAT to see Crazy Squirrel around, and Sun-Star & Earniel, too!
Old 01-04-2006, 07:04 PM   #36
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
That's why Viv & Aiwendis came up with that little idea together of getting someone else to do their forge-work assignments for them, or have the Chancellor excuse them somehow from forge-duty - remember that conversation they had, Gordis?
Yes, I remember. But that means that the lectures are NOT in the big forge itself, otherwise how could we stand to sit there for hours?
Old 01-04-2006, 07:06 PM   #37
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Actually, I had always imagined that class as being in the forge, so Sane was right to set it there. I have got a fairly practical lay out for that building in mind which allows for the different types of work. I'll draw it out sometime.

- The Crucible

Old 01-04-2006, 07:19 PM   #38
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I am not happy with that solution. I still don't believe that any nazgul could brave the forge for hours.

And the location of the Jewelry making class could have been a surprise for Viv, but hardly for the Chancellor and Aiwendis.The Morgul Lord would have never put her in this class, if it were in the forge. The same for Viv, he wouldn't have accepted her for the Jewelry course in this case.

I guess it should have been discussed and agreed upon long ago, but it wasn't.
So what do we do now?
Old 01-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #39
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

I think they could; The fires in the forge aren't going all the time. They are very safely banked when not in use, and the jewelry making class doesn't use the large fires. It's the fire that's the problem, not the building itself. I think as long as the large fires are banked and they only have to deal with the tiny fires used to melt the metal for casting the girls can bear it all right. They might not like it, but I think their characters are strong enough to manage that dislike.

There isn't much that can be done about it. The main Art-History building was declared too old and flammable to have the class in, you said something to that effect yourself, that's why we have the forge in a building of it's own. It's the only place where melted metal and whatnot can be safely handled. As for it being uncomfortable for lecturing... it isn't a lecture style class. It is a practical training class, that's how Mahtaliel teaches most of the time.

- The Crucible

Last edited by Lady Marion Magdalena : 01-04-2006 at 07:38 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 07:44 PM   #40
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
The main Art-History building was declared too old and flammable to have the class in, you said something to that effect yourself, that's why we have the forge in a building of it's own.
Too flammable to have the FORGE in , not the class. And really, the Jewelry-making must involve other things than melting metal. Some designing, drawing, general theory, working with precious stones, setting of jewels, polishing, filigree etc. Is it wise to do all of it in the forge?
Perhaps we can have a compromise: only some practical lessons will be in the forge, while the others in ther Arts building?
Closed Thread