Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 05:51 PM   #81
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

*whistles in very good mood ...*

anyone out there?

btw ..just to be clear, non of the above is in any way sarcastic .. you guys have really cheeered me up!

thanks TD and Gor
Old 12-01-2005, 05:53 PM   #82
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
*whistles in very good mood ...*

anyone out there?

btw ..just to be clear, non of the above is in any way sarcastic .. you guys have really cheeered me up!

thanks TD and Gor
oh yes and thanks Lotesse .. this chilled Viogner is doing the trick ... saw it on the shelf there, thought of you and your reference to it .. and got it ... very nice too!
Old 12-01-2005, 05:56 PM   #83
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

...ooops did i just quote myself??? ...sorry thought i was editing .... well i blame lotesse!

oh dear four posts in a row!

*shouts* anyone there?

*distant eery echoes ripple down the long sand blown desert road, shimmiying in the twilight haze*

..mmm..maybe i should go write something???

after i caught up on the reading, mind!

best all to you absentee rpg-ers everywhere ...
BB
Old 12-01-2005, 06:47 PM   #84
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I am there, BB, I am there ...

I was just typing a BIG post.

NOW I HAVE FILLED IN the placeholder# 605 Please, have a look! IT contains some description of Minas Aran and the Library. (Where is that Evil Cartographer??)
Rian, Earniel, LMM, Val and of course TD Please read my # 605 - it concerns you all. Basically the Chancellor has cheated Mahtaliel of her keys to the Library and given them to Khamul. He also left Khamul to show Earniel and Rian to the door.

And sorry TD, I shall have to ask you to edit your # 607 a little. NOT YOUR FAULT at all, it is just because I was so long with my post that had to be before yours. So, please, pardon me for asking you to edit your excellent post.
One word here:
Quote:
"Professor Galadannun," smiled the Chancellor, as Khamûl walked through the tower door a few minutes later. "Glad you can make it. Shall we start?"
One word there:
Quote:
"You can bring your horse to the stables if you wish. It is on the far side of the University I'm sure my servants would be more than happy to show you where things are," said the Chancellor as they approached the stairs.
(There is a separate stair leading to the Library proper and a separate stair to your apartment.)

Please add the living room here:
Quote:
"As you see, we have a master bedroom for yourself, a study, a living room and a washroom. There are also three small rooms for servants along the narrow corridor," said the Chancellor, as Khamûl inspected the rooms.
And Please, change this sentence: "I'm afraid that will not be possible. I have a lecture early tomorrow morning, and wish to get some sleep," replied the Chancellor, turning and making his way back to his own apartment."

For this one:
Quote:
"I will show you the Library later, Professor. It seems we have got some unexpected guests already" replied the Chancellor. "Go now and deal with them, they are at the third floor. Be most polite, but tell them that no one is allowed in the Library without my leave"

He took the set of keys, that used to belong to Mahtaliel, and offered them to Khamul. "Here are your keys, by the way. Guard them well, and keep the Library safe", said the Chancellor, turning and making his way back to his own apartment in the Palace
Sorry again, TD! Hope you don't mind!

Rian or Earniel you are welcome to post how Galadannun askes you to leave the library, in the most polite way.
LMM How do you like being deprived of your keys?

Last edited by Gordis : 12-03-2005 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:55 PM   #85
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

whoah!!!!

hurrah! ..Gor is here !! ...and lotesse is online!!! let the fun begin!!!

boy, it;s been hard .... just read it all from 'mind reading' ..i'd be on consecutive post 9 or 10 be' now if i hadn't reigned myself in ...

love the gor and Viv stuff .... rian i like the scene with viv too ...

gor .. the description of the library is really vivid.

bollocks! ... forgoten the other things for now ... far too many thoughts jumping around on the trampolene of my mind just now .... been a very good, productive day!!!!

*raises (getting rather empty - wheres udu???) Viogner to Lotesse and Gor

Last edited by Butterbeer : 12-01-2005 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:59 PM   #86
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Gordis - great reference to Laws and Customs of the Eldar by Pengoloð of Gondolin! Loved it!

Earniel or TD - go ahead and write the library eviction post, I'll be gone for the weekend. Rian would be mystified, angry, indignant, and other such things. Interesting to see Khamul and Rian re-united! (*music starts, "Re-united and it feeels so good!" - NOT!! )

Glad you liked my Viv/Alagos scene, BB - we'll wait to see how Lotesse likes it before its fate is determined ... *anxiously bites her nails* GTG get the kids from school now

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 12-01-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:01 PM   #87
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

but you'll be around for tonight, right???

i'm in the mood for some fun and some rpg-ing!!
Old 12-01-2005, 07:02 PM   #88
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I might be around a bit for YOUR tonight (my afternoon) - depending upon how homework goes ... I'll be gone for the weekend, and I want to leave things in really good shape for my wonderful hubby who totally supports me going off w/ my girlfriends for a bit of time away. FUN FUN FUN!!!! I just love these women - my 3 favorite friends in the world, besides my sister-in-law Yay!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 12-01-2005, 07:05 PM   #89
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

homework??

ask Lady willow for some cheats (as approved by the uni heirochracy)

tis fun to be in tharbad ...
Old 12-01-2005, 07:17 PM   #90
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

BB, thank you! Glad you liked my posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Gordis - great reference to Laws and Customs of the Eldar by Pengolo<eth> of Gondolin! Loved it!

Earniel or TD - go ahead and write the library eviction post, I'll be gone for the weekend. Rian would be mystified, angry, indignant, and other such things. Interesting to see Khamul and Rian re-united! (*music starts, "Re-united and it feeels so good!" - NOT!! )
So it is "Pengoloeth?" I was not sure... If you are, I will go edit!

RIAN , (or Earniel) if you CAN write the eviction post, please do it now. I believe TD wanted his hands free to have at last his interview with Udu, he is eager to post it for several days. Or perhaps Udu can write how they went with Khamul to show the "Goluglob" to the door? (I liked this word!!!)

BB and Rian About precise time. It is just me, I believe. I feel unhappy when I can't say exactly what time I am writing about, or where exactly the scene is set (that's why I am in an unholy alliance with the Evil Cartographer). I feel the NEED to know what I will see if I look left, or right, whether the sun has set or not, etc. Also in RL, I feel lost in an unknown place without a map and quite happy and confident, if I have one. I am sorry if I cause problems. And thanks for putting in the time, Rian

ALL, Excellent posts all around. One better than another . If I only had more time to review... But today was a crazy day - I tried not to keep TD waiting, and still was late.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:28 PM   #91
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Very-very nice post Lotesse . Loved the strange feeling that Alagos experienced, something foul. And Rian's post about Viv was lovely as well

By the way, according to Udu, he-elf will be "golug" in our High Speech, unknown to mortals , while she-elf will be "goluglob"
Old 12-01-2005, 07:35 PM   #92
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gordis -about precise times; no, it's not just you it's me as well, because so much action between so MANY characters happens all over the place, and think of the constant complaining that would always be happening in this thread if there weren't specifics about who is where doing what at any given time? The main reason why I like the time specificity so much is that it dramatically cuts down on accidental over-writing and constant requests for edit changes when someone gets the continuity off. Anyway.

Gor, I LOVED the last post of yours. I really enjoy when you incorporate the canon history & information nto your posts like that; you definitely do it the best of us all here.

Rian - yeah, I liked your Alagos meets Viv post! Except that Viv can't really play toy-with-boys games like her sisters can, that's not really her stylo, so when she tries it, she'll just start laughing and give it up, and revert to her straightforward yet mysterious/mischievous attitude! So I did the switch in my post following yours. Hope you like the Alagos dialogue. I want him genuinely liking her, and being uncharacteristically perplexed by the slightly off feeling he got from shaking her hand. There's no way he can figure anything out about viv, though, so don't get too excited!! Just thought it'd add some interesting spice to the Tharbad scene...

BB - Are you really having Viognier right now? What label? Is it a good one? Share the intel with moi, s'il te plait!! I do so love a good Viognier...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 12-01-2005, 07:40 PM   #93
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quote:
LMM How do you like being deprived of your keys?
Actually... I was hesitating about this but it had occured to me that being the occaisionally sneaky metalworker she is, Mahtaliel might have made duplicates of said keys. Might be interesting if she had.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 12-01-2005, 07:53 PM   #94
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
Actually... I was hesitating about this but it had occured to me that being the occaisionally sneaky metalworker she is, Mahtaliel might have made duplicates of said keys. Might be interesting if she had.
Sure she has, oh my fierce tiercel! Oh, my goluglob cheat! The Morgul Lord would have been surprised if she hadn't!
Old 12-01-2005, 07:55 PM   #95
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Gordis -about precise times; no, it's not just you it's me as well, because so much action between so MANY characters happens all over the place, and think of the constant complaining that would always be happening in this thread if there weren't specifics about who is where doing what at any given time? The main reason why I like the time specificity so much is that it dramatically cuts down on accidental over-writing and constant requests for edit changes when someone gets the continuity off. Anyway.

Gor, I LOVED the last post of yours. I really enjoy when you incorporate the canon history & information nto your posts like that; you definitely do it the best of us all here.

BB - Are you really having Viognier right now? What label? Is it a good one? Share the intel with moi, s'il te plait!! I do so love a good Viognier...
yup Viognier ... vin de pays D'oc, 2003 ...is it normally so apricot coloured though???

well, what with the hilarious Td and gor show, a good day generally and the wine ..and you finally coming BACK online after i was happy to see the gang on .. i'm in a VERY good mood

where's CS by the way???

..and UDU (thinking of wine, now)

to your first point .. i agree it is generally a good thing ..but i think now it's a tad overdone ..and your points about causing editing actually multiply with the constant restricting time references ...not the other way round ... it actually restricts [posts and times and movements and causes time contuinuity problems IF overdone ... i say , it's good ... but NOT nessecary ALL the time ..

eg: neither snoozy or Boom are troubled by it ...

well, better go read your post Lotsy ...

btw Willowy M ... cutting keys ... go for it .. opens ip rpg doors ...as it were ...

EDIT:***
sil te plait?? ... wonderful non Cs-online french there Lotesse!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 12-01-2005 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:57 PM   #96
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

BB, How did you like my development of your idea of Tharbad Tea Party? A gossip of the King and His Fleet? We should work on the public opinion!
Old 12-01-2005, 08:00 PM   #97
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

BB - Viognier can be apricoty-coloured, definitely! When it is that dark, it usually means its richer and more buttery-butterscotchy in flavour; are you getting that? *mouth begins to water.* Now I'm literally starting to crave a glass of the V. Ho boy.

LMM & Gordis
- Oh, goody, Mahtaliel has made spare keys! I won't say how come I think this is a spendid idea!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 12-01-2005, 08:09 PM   #98
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
BB, How did you like my development of your idea of Tharbad Tea Party? A gossip of the King and His Fleet? We should work on the public opinion!
well, that was one of the things on would-be consecutive post 8 or 9 ..

yeah, absolutely LOVED it ....

now, i am not seriously advocating we (arnor) declare war on evil old southern menldil (sorry getting under the influence a tad here) .. but as we can flesh out some middle earth history (albeit semi-seriously) that was never written since old JRR was not of the eldar himslef ... we can wonder what the feelings may be ... val himslef has written of the politics between the gondorian king (the one i struggle just now to spell) and the true high King in the north ... also mr O's warnings about their dealings till Valandil has begun truly mastering his mind and the palantir ...

also seriously, what ARE the gondorian guards doing on the river .. surely that is not the border???

and if it were .. Valandil IS high King ... so what are they doing there???

i really hope in his own way and however he sees it Val might find some substance here ... though i fully expect he'll take it in his own direction ofcourse ... but food for thought .. and we do need a little more plot line for our story .. we have great characters, good writing, a top notch rpg crew ... but maybe a few non-restrictive but "going somewhere' plot lines might be an idea????

best all, BB ...

reet' i'm off to read loteese's post ... (before i get - as i usually do, sidetracked)
Old 12-01-2005, 08:16 PM   #99
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
BB - Viognier can be apricoty-coloured, definitely! When it is that dark, it usually means its richer and more buttery-butterscotchy in flavour; are you getting that? *mouth begins to water.* Now I'm literally starting to crave a glass of the V. Ho boy.

LMM & Gordis
- Oh, goody, Mahtaliel has made spare keys! I won't say how come I think this is a spendid idea!
well, gets distracted from going reading lotesse's post ... by lotesse!

hang on ... *spits* - ok joking!

butterscotchy - how apt!

*thinks and takes a sip*

a few sips later

not sure on that, to be frank ... hadn't really noticed ..now i'm wondering if i am thinking if it's a touch butterscothery ...

hah! thought occurs since i am almost done with this more than passable bottle, i will be on the beer soon ... butterbeer!

...possibly?

right off to the rpg before i get distracted again ... hooboy! am i in a good mood ... been pretty hellish for a few days .. always makes the good times better dont it??

esp when you are under pressure and come out the other side having both created and delivered and signed off!
Old 12-01-2005, 08:24 PM   #100
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
now, i am not seriously advocating we (arnor) declare war on evil old southern menldil (sorry getting under the influence a tad here) .. but as we can flesh out some middle earth history (albeit semi-seriously) that was never written since old JRR was not of the eldar himslef ... we can wonder what the feelings may be ... val himslef has written of the politics between the gondorian king (the one i struggle just now to spell) and the true high King in the north ... also mr O's warnings about their dealings till Valandil has begun truly mastering his mind and the palantir ...
Well, the Morgul Lord is certainly NOT advocating for Arnor to declare war on Gondor immediately. But he is going to substitute King Val in the very near future, after his death, at the latest, as Val, if married to Aiwendis, will get no heirs; more likely he is going to get rid of Val much earlier. So he just wants his New Kingdom to be in the best condition AND ready for war. And once the Morgul Lord becomes King, the war is very likely to start immediately - with Gondor, surely and likely also with Cirdan and Erlond. So Arnor needs a big army and a good navy and the roads and the bridges and the fortresses. And Val is still doing rather poor job as a King (Sorry, Val!)

Last edited by Gordis : 12-01-2005 at 08:26 PM.
Closed Thread