Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:12 PM   #61
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Me, personally? About war on Gondor and stuff? Well, I don't really have an opinion - yet - and Viv's not a war addict like so many of her contemporaries; she's more of a freelance thug. If you know what I mean. And that wasn't repair to the toilet it was the gentleman's room! For some reason I can't stand the word toilet. It grosses me out. I think it sounds vulgur! I don't really see Bumble saying, "hold up a sec, gotta take a leak!" Anyway I did my best.

of course, "toilet" was incorrect .. and i think the 'gentleman's room' much better - but it was the 'repair' that made me laugh ... though i took you to mean 'retire'??

but the more i think of old bumble and his ..er ..perhaps NEED to "repair" i rather prefer it ... it's funny!

i can hear him sighing and saying " 'at's better ..all sea-shape and bristol fashion ...' though it may need to be , what 'Cirdan fashion' ? or 'pelargir fashion' ??

we could have some fun translating phrases into Middle earth third age tharbad ... or inventing some new ones ... though my favourite is still 'sauron's balls!"
Old 11-30-2005, 08:14 PM   #62
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena

There are subtler forms of cheating you know.
No, we don't. Please, teach us. If you know subtler forms of cheating, that is!
Old 11-30-2005, 08:26 PM   #63
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
No, we don't. Please, teach us. If you know subtler forms of cheating, that is!

... and this is the head of the university speaking!

Gor: it's a

*attempts to add solemn gravitas*

tradition ...

like lights on christmas trees, like strawberries and cream , like singing in the rain, like scooby and scooby snacks, like cofee in the teacup ....

like the burning of stray mainlanders in a whicker-man ....

it's like a moot rite of passage ... it's awfully bad luck you know, not to post your recovery blessings to the moot in the jd thread ....

Last edited by Butterbeer : 11-30-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:49 PM   #64
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Eärniel and Maggie - I put up a post - let me know if you want any edits

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-30-2005, 08:55 PM   #65
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, night all ... will catch up on the rpg tommorrow, too tired now for anything but sleep ... maybe Constable BB will leave Ararstud a note to come call in at the watch some mutually agreed very vague time tuesday Rian
Old 11-30-2005, 08:59 PM   #66
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

yes, nice and vague, please! for poor dense little me who has trouble with geography and time!

Lotesse - just had an interesting thought - rpg-Rian is busy now, but Alagos is wandering around town - shall he (literally) bump into Viv and Laslach (sp?) ?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 11-30-2005, 09:11 PM   #67
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Rian The post is wonderful, but the timing was off, Oreturion was still in the middle of his conversation/interrogation and her students hadn't even arrived yet.

If it could be tweaked so that it happens before the class starts, with Oreturion still there that'd be great.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"

Last edited by Lady Marion Magdalena : 11-30-2005 at 09:14 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:13 AM   #68
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

LMM , I doubt your students will arrive in the foreseeable future , as they are Marty and Ray, still racing somewhere.

And if the time is shifted to before the lesson, then how could Mahtaliel leave the forge and take the elves to the Library?

Why not leave it as it is, Oreturion before the lesson (at 3 PM) and Rian and Earniel after the lesson (6 PM)?
Old 12-01-2005, 07:07 AM   #69
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Hmmmm *looks suspiciously at Eärniel*
So how does a full-blooded Elf respond in day-to-day matters to the Pereldar?

Alagos - "Pass the butter, please, Eärniel"
Eärniel - "You don't know your own mind, you half-breed! How do you know there will even be butter where you might end up going?!"

Nah, methinks you protest too much ....

(rpg-Eärniel had her eye on Elrond, didn't she?!?! )
As I said: still assuming too much...
Old 12-01-2005, 11:13 AM   #70
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quote:
LMM , I doubt your students will arrive in the foreseeable future , as they are Marty and Ray, still racing somewhere.
Yeah... you've got a point. So much for optimism. I was going to have Oreturion take them. But really, why bother, it's fine the way it is.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 12-01-2005, 02:09 PM   #71
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
Rian The post is wonderful, but the timing was off, Oreturion was still in the middle of his conversation/interrogation and her students hadn't even arrived yet.

If it could be tweaked so that it happens before the class starts, with Oreturion still there that'd be great.
I like that timing better, and I think M. could run them over quick before class starts, so I'll change it. And my post takes place after her conversation with O. - maybe I"ll put that in.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:25 PM   #72
Rían

OK, Maggie and all, I edited my post and made Mahtaliel meet Rian and Earniel before her sword-smithing class. I like that timing better, and it also makes it a better time for Alagos to meet up with Viv. Let me know if that works with everyone's schedules.

Lotesse - go ahead and write that if you want to, or maybe I'll give it a whirl if I have enough time today. I'll take it out if you don't want it, though - your call

EDIT - just added more edits, adding in a reference to Oreturion leaving, Rian wishing to see the King again *meaningful stare in Val's direction*, etc.

Last edited by Rían : 12-01-2005 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:59 PM   #73
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Gor - is the Morgul Lord a semi public? If not is it ok for me to post his part and lead it on to Udu arriving?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 12-01-2005, 03:06 PM   #74
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
Gor - is the Morgul Lord a semi public? If not is it ok for me to post his part and lead it on to Udu arriving?
No he is not semi-public, TD, he is MINE!

You can include some of his sentences, but I may ask you to edit, if I don't like it. OK?

I think the BIG tour around the library (including the vaults) will be reserved for the night. For now, let the Captain only show you the books and your apartment.

EDIT:TDI have put a place-holder for the Morgul Lord's visit to the library, that I would have before his talk with Khamul. Anyway, if Khamul arrives there at 5-6 PM, he will find the library open and the Chancellor there alone waiting for him.

Last edited by Gordis : 12-01-2005 at 03:18 PM.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:20 PM   #75
Rían

Lotesse - I wrote in a meeting between Viv and Alagos. I'll can the whole thing if you'd like, or edit in whatever you tell me to. If you like it, go ahead and run with it

Old 12-01-2005, 03:51 PM   #76
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
I like that timing better, and I think M. could run them over quick before class starts, so I'll change it. And my post takes place after her conversation with O. - maybe I"ll put that in.
OK, it is your right,Rian, but, please, put the time "before 3 PM" in your post. "Late afternoon" won't do here! So much is happening... All the time continuity is in complete confusion!

Now, girls, you are in the Library? When are you planning to leave, if you came at three?
Old 12-01-2005, 04:47 PM   #77
Rían

No problem, I'll go edit that in if it helps you

Not sure when we're leaving ... too many good books to check out! All we need to do is find Mahtaliel's assistant (probably in her classroom), when we're ready to go.

Old 12-01-2005, 05:14 PM   #78
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Posted it Gor. If the Morgul Lord seems a bit OOC then that was deliberate, since they are in public and the ML couldn't treat Khamûl as he usually does, but anything to OOC I'll happily edit.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 12-01-2005, 05:36 PM   #79
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

gordis:
Quote:
OK, it is your right,Rian, but, please, put the time "before 3 PM" in your post. "Late afternoon" won't do here! So much is happening... All the time continuity is in complete confusion!
well frankly i agree with Rian here: why is all in confusion??, because everyone is putting 150 / 220/ 3pm 4-5pm etc etc .... absolutely everywhere: thus everything gets narrowed and restricted, suddenly we are having continuity problems and restricting the flow ....

what,prey, is wrong with "late afternoon" ? ...does the trick, causes no problems ...

i DO think putting the odd time and day reference IS a good idea, but i think it is being done FAR too often and far too specifically: and this of course ripples out ...

Gordis:
Quote:
EDIT:TDI have put a ...
heh, all the power, grace and performance you'd expect from the TD model but with Injection for that extra vava-voom ...

TD:
Quote:
Gor - is the Morgul Lord a semi public?
... *reaches up on tip-toes and pulls down both overly raised eyebrows back into a normal position*

- does the pope s .... never mind!

well, got as far as 'mind reading' .... very good indeed Gor!

TD: you cracked me up with that one!

best BB
Old 12-01-2005, 05:45 PM   #80
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Cutting edge TD (with injection):
Quote:
Posted it Gor. If the Morgul Lord seems a bit OOC then that was deliberate, ...

CLASSIC! nice one TD ...

must use that myself ...

actually one thing from the movies that still sticks in me head (and despite myself, i like... ) is gimli falling off his horse (in the very badly mangled for absolutely NO GOOD REASON Rohan scenes) is the bit when gimli says in a scottish accent, after falling off ...

"it was deliberate - it was deliberate!"

just love the way he says it (not the scene just how he says it! )

ah TD, you are making me laugh and smile ..keep it up!!

*thoughts of the dufflepuds or monopods in CS lewis's Voyage of the dawn treader, spring athletically to mind unbidden but quite welcome*

"well done ..keep it up chief!!"

wonder why lewis named himself after Crazy squirrel though???

..id take it as a compliment crazy squirrel!

best all, BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 12-01-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Closed Thread