Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 05:25 PM   #41
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Thanx, All, for congratulations. Have you seen my nazgul link in my edited 1000 post? happy nazgul

TD and All, I have officially put Galadannun as the one teaching Military History into the Shedule.

Behold the new schedule!
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...-Dis/USAT6.jpg

BB, please, post it into the street!

Last edited by Gordis : 11-30-2005 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:24 PM   #42
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Cool Nazgul pic! That looks like Shah's dragon Obnavat that she's riding! I tried to draw a picture of Viv in Nazgul garb last night but failed miserably. I need to practice my drawing more often.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 11-30-2005, 06:28 PM   #43
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

i've posted the happy nazgul into the schedule as you requested ...

well, i had TWO 1,000th posts!! ... i missed the second one, but posted the second 1,001th post in the jd syndrome thread ... as i recall i posted a noble new better more loving, less hasty me kinda speech for the first one ... then went and had a big argument with someone ...

however the upside is i now have a moot goal: to achieve the ultimate 2 from Spock .... he's keeping me on tenterhooks like an expert fisherman ...

though i am hoping the Mr logic caractuer may do it ..

well, i now ask all new post jd syndrome recoverers .. and Gordis , you did very well indeed, recovering incredibly quickly from the deadly disease, to post some thoughts on their moot expereinces over there ...

it's a new tradition ...

EDIT ** see's rohirrim TR just gone JD gold .... he's on 1004 ... well, i'm on the case ...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 11-30-2005 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:49 PM   #44
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

BB, thanks for posting the schedule.

Umm, not sure what the rest of your post was about . I really have difficulty to follow your butterflyish style...
Old 11-30-2005, 07:10 PM   #45
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I'll try and post tomorrow Gordis. Thanks for getting the schedules up Gor and BB.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 11-30-2005, 07:19 PM   #46
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Umm, not sure what the rest of your post was about . I really have difficulty to follow your butterflyish style...
well, nothing if not consistent

now you see why even the morgul lord cannot fathom butterfly minds ..

*puts (allegedly) tolkienesque babel fish in and tries again*

well, Gor as a 1,000th poster and having managed to overcome the dreaded jd syndrome, or JDitis, you are cordially invited to post (as indeed rohirrim TR) has just done, in the Jd syndrome thread over there in General messages...

mmm...well suppose i better go read the rpg ....

btw lotesse ... was in a rush when i wrote the post here ref your post over there... was just confused - finally our characters meet up then you seemed to ignore him and walk off ... but i had to go suddenly, so it probably read a bit odd ... but wasn't meant as a critiscim, just that i thought it odd ...

best BB
Old 11-30-2005, 07:23 PM   #47
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Have you had a chance 2 read the revision to that post, BB? Let me know what you think!

Plus - EVERYONE, Viv is out and about riding around town this afternoon; if someone's up to it and is in that 2:30 - evening time slot still, your characters could potentially see Viv and say hi! Or not. Whatever.

BB - speaking of butterflies, it has been a while since we've heard anything from Beautiful Boomerang. Where's he at?

Old 11-30-2005, 07:25 PM   #48
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

having a warm comfy snooze at the watch... always warm and quiet there ...

snoozy the watch's dog is keeping him company ...
Old 11-30-2005, 07:29 PM   #49
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

BB are you deliberately ignoring me or did you not just read my last post right there? Or, by your silence do I take it right that you DON'T like the revision I did to the Swan post w/ Bumbledore?

Old 11-30-2005, 07:34 PM   #50
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

blimey, give me a chance .... was over in hector's 1001 knights thread ...

will go have a look o' impatient one! (talk bout the pot calling the kettle black! )

what post number was it?
Old 11-30-2005, 07:37 PM   #51
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

It's # 575.

Old 11-30-2005, 07:42 PM   #52
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I'd like for Rian and Viv to talk, but I've lost track of what time it is for Rian! *sigh* I'm pretty sure it's after 3:00, and I'm with Earniel, so it would prob. be better later on - maybe if Viv is still riding around in a coupla hours. We'll see - got an errand with Earniel first.

And I have to go pick up the kids now anyway - real life calls!

BB - You may have missed my posts in this thread, too - I wasn't sure what you were referring to about me with the picture thing, and did you want to write an Arastud interview with me now?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 11-30-2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:44 PM   #53
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I know, the bouncing back&forth in time thing kinda gets out of control around here. It makes it a lot more difficult to moot en masse, or in step or whatever. What really does help is to put the time & date at the beginning of each post, like a captain's log. That was a good idea, whoever started that trend.

Old 11-30-2005, 07:49 PM   #54
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
I'll try and post tomorrow Gordis. Thanks for getting the schedules up Gor and BB.
TD, I will wait until after you post the meeting in the library.

Gordis, congratulations on your 1000th post!
Old 11-30-2005, 07:50 PM   #55
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Lotesse: weeeeelll, if you want me to be picky ....

thought the 'repair to the toilet' was odd ... though actually very funny when you think about it

no, that's great thanks, my! the landlord must love us lot, everyone offering to pay the tab!

Just a shame everyone's leaving the pub so early ...

mind you barli may turn up to join old bumble ... *winks at valandil*

where do you stand, lotesse on declaring war on Gondor? .. or pressing for building a fleet?

btw "the Thumpers" , look like they may be having another outing - at the weekend is it?

so, rian - whaddya reckon to some completely crazy caricatures (my - did i actually get close to spelling it right this time??) in the pictures thread??

if so, how do you go about it?

hooboy .. looks like a lot of posts to read up on btw ...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 11-30-2005 at 07:52 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:55 PM   #56
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Me, personally? About war on Gondor and stuff? Well, I don't really have an opinion - yet - and Viv's not a war addict like so many of her contemporaries; she's more of a freelance thug. If you know what I mean. And that wasn't repair to the toilet it was the gentleman's room! For some reason I can't stand the word toilet. It grosses me out. I think it sounds vulgur! I don't really see Bumble saying, "hold up a sec, gotta take a leak!" Anyway I did my best.

Old 11-30-2005, 07:59 PM   #57
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

oh yeah the time and date ... well yes in general i think it is a very good idea ... if not overdone .. i don't think we need it all the time ..for one thing it can restrict things and rather takes away some of the imagination if we get times every 15 or 20 mins ...

but yeah, in general i'm all for it.

course most of my characters rarely actually know what time it is .. so i'm generally vague ...

barli has been tripping the light -time fantastic around everyone else, bumble has been buffeted in the winds of roaming time eddies causing him to be unfashionably late ... i.e. later than he normally finds acceptable .. but good ol' Boom's got the right idea ... have a snooze with 'Snoozy' the watch's dog ...

i have a feeling when barli next posts, he'll post the time as 'Time for a drink' ...
Old 11-30-2005, 08:05 PM   #58
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
Gordis, congratulations on your 1000th post!
Thank you, Udu. It took me two months to reach 100 posts in the Books forum, but when I started RPG-ing... it was real fast, and not much effort on my part..

BB, Thanks for invitation to post in JD-tes thread, but, sorry, I have to decline. I don't really see what this thread is about. Also unfathomably butterflyish . Almost like the teacup cafe...
Old 11-30-2005, 08:08 PM   #59
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

LOL! I like that! "Time - time for a drink!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
What really does help is to put the time & date at the beginning of each post, like a captain's log. That was a good idea, whoever started that trend.
It was Udu's idea, IIRC, and a good one. I've kept it purposefully vague, tho, because I"m in mortal terror of being corrected all the time. I just kind of say "early afternoon" or things along that line. I think it's fine for vagueness like that, anyway, except in crucial spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
so, rian - whaddya reckon to some completely crazy caricatures (my - did i actually get close to spelling it right this time??) in the pictures thread??

if so, how do you go about it?
Sure! Several people have posted drawings before. If you get a drawing you want to post there, then you need to have it hosted on the web somewhere, like at photobucket or something. When you're ready, just post on the thread and ask someone for help Unless you want to start an rpg-picture thread - that might be better, I don't know. Anyway, let me know

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-30-2005, 08:09 PM   #60
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quote:
"You think there'd be any way around it, like... like maybe we can hire interns to do the dirty work FOR us, after we've already drawn up our designs?"
This made me laugh. Nice try, but do you seriously think any self-rspecting teacher would allow her students to get away with that?

There are subtler forms of cheating you know.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Closed Thread