Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 08:04 PM   #21
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

YES!! Khamul definitely should teach the Military History! Viv wants at least ONE class with her uncle. He'd be ideal at teaching this subject I think, albeit perhaps a little biased in the telling of history. And Bumble has Phil. Excellent!

Shah, I have just posted a rather open-ish post about Ray & Viv a few hours post-race.They've attended the jewelry-making class together already, and afterward went out and had a nice picnic lunch, then etcetera. I'm trying to get Viv caught up on her Monday a little bit; we're kinda falling behind in the time line without the race. And - everyone - Listen, I do my best to coincide times, places, other people, schedules, etcetra as best as I can. There's a lot going on all over Tharbad, and a lot of characters doing different stuff, sometimes at vastly different TIMES even, so just know I'm doing the best I can to keep it all in context.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 11-29-2005, 08:30 PM   #22
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

It's certainly hard to keep track of things sometimes - I should know, I almost put Rian on Hwesta just now, when Hwesta is far away with Ty on the sly, as BB calls him

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-29-2005, 08:59 PM   #23
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
Hehehe, found this. Burst out laughing. Hey, their horses get killed their winged beasts all die.... Why not?

Strange...try again...

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/5...dwraith0xx.jpg
In the parody "The Trouble of the Rings," the Nazgul ride bicycles. Of course, a Russian Tolkien club produced it. The pictures are funny.

http://trouble.thehutt.de/index_e.html

Last edited by Udukhaturz : 11-29-2005 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:21 PM   #24
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
As for Military History, I believe once, long ago, Udu, volunteered to teach it. I am not sure if I remember it correctly. Please, tell us, Udu, will Maethor teach it?

By the way, Udu , the Chancellor gave you one free week, so there will be no lessons on Tuesday by Maethor. As for Thursday, if you like to start earlier, make the Chancellor ask you. It is up to you. Anyway, the Chancellor plans to talk to you this evening, around 8. (But Maethor does not know it yet).
Gordis, Khamul is going to handle Military History, I believe. On the schedule, there is a meeting with Khamul and Udu at 7. I am holding up posting anything so others can catch up.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:53 PM   #25
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

The picnic post - I added some stuff there. Shah - you around tonight? If you feel up to it, it'd be cool if you wrote a little dialogue to fill in the part where Viv and Ray are talking about stuff at their picnic. The gist of it I put in the post, but I'd love to see what you write 4 both Ray and Vivvie.

Next, I gotta write a conversation with Gordis/Aiwendis and Viv. Unless, Gordis, you want to start it out. I'm not sure what to have Aiwendis say, when Viv asks her what's on her mind and troubling her lately.

Lady M, Viv'll be a great student for Mahtaliel, since she loves jewels and precious metals so much. She'll be an avid student; besides, Viv has all sorts of miscellaneous gemstones she's collected throughout the years that could definitely use settings. I know! Viv can get into making hair things. Viv loves bejeweled barrettes. And necklaces; she loves Liz Tayloresque necklaces. And rune-inscribed rings...

Old 11-30-2005, 02:52 AM   #26
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Nice post, Lotesse I like this: "her own heart itself having suffering from a confusion of interest." Good description.

'Hair things", hey? Rian will like that.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 11-30-2005, 06:12 AM   #27
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

I've just closed the 3rd Discussion Thread and split off these posts into the fourth.

Well... those Nazgul are being such sweethearts lately. The ML is just SO understanding... makes me want to cry.

Say - I have asked someone else about handling Oreturion. I actually asked two, but one didn't think they could make the time commitment. The one who was interested sounds like they need to wait until this semester ends (I wonder if they know they'll have another semester starting in the spring).

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 11-30-2005, 06:52 AM   #28
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Well... those Nazgul are being such sweethearts lately. The ML is just SO understanding... makes me want to cry.

Say - I have asked someone else about handling Oreturion. I actually asked two, but one didn't think they could make the time commitment. The one who was interested sounds like they need to wait until this semester ends (I wonder if they know they'll have another semester starting in the spring).
Funny, reading the same post, Lotesse concluded that the ML was an EVIL MANIPULATOR. You have found him "SO understanding" and a sweetheart.

I think he is just being practical, he wants Aiwendis to carry out her task and do it WELL, instead of making scenes that will surely distress her even more and prevent her from fulfilling her mission.

I hope this future Oreturion was speaking of the Real Life semester, NOT the RGP one? The latter will never end at this pace.

Lotesse, Liked your post. I hope the ring will prevent Vivvie from becoming fat!

I shall try to post, but if I don't (I have VERY LITTLE time now), please, let Aiwendis be as non-committal as possible. She is going to confide in no one.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:54 AM   #29
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

ere' Gor , aint you read that pm from 17/11/05 yet??? i wanna delete it ...

nothing important anyway , but i still says unread ...

that was almost 2 weeks ago ...

gotta go ...
Old 11-30-2005, 07:57 AM   #30
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

HELLO, ALL!

It was my 1000 post

And more than a half of my posts are in this game! It is a pleasure to play with you.

Has anyone noticed that I dwell now in Tharbad???

And here is a nice nazgul picture to commemorate, I don't think I have posted it before:

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/m/...azgul.jpg.html

Cheers, All!

Gordis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
ere' Gor , aint you read that pm from 17/11/05 yet??? i wanna delete it ...

nothing important anyway , but i still says unread ...

that was almost 2 weeks ago ...

gotta go ...
I don't have it.

Please repeat, it it is important.

Last edited by Gordis : 11-30-2005 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:34 PM   #31
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

*Points up* That was your 1000th post Gordis.
Val and LMM, where is the talk between Oreturion and Mahtalliel happening, is it in the library, or her office?
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 11-30-2005, 12:38 PM   #32
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

It's happening in the forge.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 11-30-2005, 01:22 PM   #33
Rían

Eärniel - I really liked your post! I like how the Pereldar question is complex and seems to have no one answer - or has a different answer, depending upon your background. I'd like to hear more of rpg-Eärniel's thoughts on that issue as things go along.

I was interested to see your take on the Pereldar being more common than I had them being! I basically had only added one elf-mortal marriage to canon, but you seem to have added quite a bit more since you wrote "for Alagos and RÃ*an had hardly been the only ones of mixed marriages whom Eärniel had counted among her acquintances in her youth." Interesting!

Your - "She had not interrupted him when he had told her -quite frankly- that she had been wrong, even if she was still of another opinion in the matter!" Par-DONE, but he did no such impolite thing! He only said he THOUGHT she was wrong, which IMHO is quite different. It indicates an open mind in the matter, IMO. And he was only talking of his opinion of those particular women, based on their responses, plus repeating Tolkien canon on the attitude of Elves and keeping things the same. But he is certainly open to her opinions and would appreciate hearing more, because he likes to hear thoughtful opinions and think about things.

Your - "She did not assume she knew what the real causes had been for his misadventure with women. " Obviously, they were just inferior women for WHO, I ask you, could RESIST this charming and wonderful young man?! Or maybe he spent too much time fletching around them ... ("keep away from my feathers, woman!" )

Your - "Perhaps she could never know or understand fully how the Pereldar thought or felt, but she was sure she knew enough in which ways the full-blooded Elder responded to them, having been in that same position." I just noticed this - WHAT?!?! DO tell more, you heartbreaker, you!!!

Last edited by Rían : 11-30-2005 at 01:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:13 PM   #34
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

My dearest RÃ*an, you assume too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
I was interested to see your take on the Pereldar being more common than I had them being! I basically had only added one elf-mortal marriage to canon, but you seem to have added quite a bit more since you wrote "for Alagos and RÃ*an had hardly been the only ones of mixed marriages whom Eärniel had counted among her acquintances in her youth." Interesting!
Have no fear, they're all canon. There was Eärendil in the Settlement at the Mouths of the Sirion. Elwing also (she gets forgotten way too much in the Pereldar lineages, if you ask me). And finally Elrond and Elros, although they were rather young when the Settlement was destroyed and Maglor and Maedhros took them in. That's four other Half-Elves Eärniel could have known. So RÃ*an and Alagos definitely weren't the only ones.

Quote:
Your - "She had not interrupted him when he had told her -quite frankly- that she had been wrong, even if she was still of another opinion in the matter!" Par-DONE, but he did no such impolite thing! He only said he THOUGHT she was wrong, which IMHO is quite different. It indicates an open mind in the matter, IMO. And he was only talking of his opinion of those particular women, based on their responses, plus repeating Tolkien canon on the attitude of Elves and keeping things the same. But he is certainly open to her opinions and would appreciate hearing more, because he likes to hear thoughtful opinions and think about things.
Thinking someone's wrong or simply saying it... pffft Semantics!

But don't worry, RPG-Eärniel doesn't think he was rude, she's more amused by his stating than she was wrong, than angry. It's not because they're all Elves that they can't have a difference of opinion, eh?

Quote:
Your - "Perhaps she could never know or understand fully how the Pereldar thought or felt, but she was sure she knew enough in which ways the full-blooded Elder responded to them, having been in that same position." I just noticed this - WHAT?!?! DO tell more, you heartbreaker, you!!!
Again, you're assuming too much. I merely, and innocently, meant 'responding' as in ordinary day-to-day matters, not romantical ones. Thus the 'same position' merely means 'having known and lived close to Pereldar'.

See? All innocent!
Old 11-30-2005, 03:31 PM   #35
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcontar_Dunedain
*Points up* That was your 1000th post Gordis.
Argghh! And I used it to tell BB to repeat his old post If I only noticed it in time!
Thanks for pointing, TD!

TD, please, come to see the Captain, when you come to the University. He is free since 3.30 PM, he must be in his office. The Captain will take you to show you the library.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:44 PM   #36
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Argghh! And I used it to tell BB to repeat his old post If I only noticed it in time!
Thanks for pointing, TD!

TD, please, come to see the Captain, when you come to the University. He is free since 3.30 PM, he must be in his office. The Captain will take you to show you the library.
well, why not edit it .... into a great and good 1,000 th post

Congratulations!! ... at least you posted it here!

...and you did mention BB ... (try and keep that bit in, it just seems to work ....)

well, call it a placeholder for a traditional 1,000th or 10,000th 'my dear, Valandil's, Udu's, greywolf's, crazysquirrel's, my good BB's, Td's, lotesse, "Lotesse's!!" , Serenoli's, Willow's, shah's, Lief's, Rian's, .... etc etc ...

and make it a special one ....

best BB
Old 11-30-2005, 04:36 PM   #37
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Thanks, BB ! But editing is cheating... I should have noticed...

I will cheat though, thanks for the advice.

Lotesse,, I like your post very much. You have a good idea about the forge. I hope it will work Mahtaliel will be furious!

Nice posts, Rian and Earniel and LMM and Val.

Val, has Oreturion left the library for today? Will he tell the Chancellor he has finished?

Last edited by Gordis : 11-30-2005 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:38 PM   #38
Rían

Thanks, Gordis, and ...

Congrats on 1000!

Old 11-30-2005, 04:50 PM   #39
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yes, congrats on your 1k! I've mooted with you since I first registered, and it still trips me out that you've only just know gotten 1k. I'm glad you liked the forge-intern idea! I just now added a tiny bit more to wrap up the post; sometimes I have interruptions on this computer since it's not mine - I do this at my boyfriend's office, and when he wants me off the computer I have to get off IMMEDIATELY, SO annoying. What I want for Christmas is my own friggin' laptop.

Old 11-30-2005, 04:50 PM   #40
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
My dearest RÃ*an, you assume too much.
Who, moi? 0:-)

Quote:
Have no fear, they're all canon. There was Eärendil in the Settlement at the Mouths of the Sirion. Elwing also (she gets forgotten way too much in the Pereldar lineages, if you ask me). And finally Elrond and Elros, although they were rather young when the Settlement was destroyed and Maglor and Maedhros took them in. That's four other Half-Elves Eärniel could have known. So RÃ*an and Alagos definitely weren't the only ones.
oh, OK - I thought you were swatting them off like flies! Funny how different people read things!

Quote:
Thinking someone's wrong or simply saying it... pffft Semantics!
You're wrong!

(To me, saying "You're wrong!" is VERY different from saying "I think you're wrong" - the latter indicates that you are willing to reconsider if you get more info or if someone can point something out that you missed. )

Quote:
But don't worry, RPG-Eärniel doesn't think he was rude, she's more amused by his stating than she was wrong, than angry. It's not because they're all Elves that they can't have a difference of opinion, eh?
Yes, I like how you wrote it.

Quote:
Again, you're assuming too much. I merely, and innocently, meant 'responding' as in ordinary day-to-day matters, not romantical ones. Thus the 'same position' merely means 'having known and lived close to Pereldar'.

See? All innocent!
Hmmmm *looks suspiciously at Eärniel*
So how does a full-blooded Elf respond in day-to-day matters to the Pereldar?

Alagos - "Pass the butter, please, Eärniel"
Eärniel - "You don't know your own mind, you half-breed! How do you know there will even be butter where you might end up going?!"

Nah, methinks you protest too much ....

(rpg-Eärniel had her eye on Elrond, didn't she?!?! )

Closed Thread