Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 05:02 PM   #41
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
"Udu - there weren't any drapes pulled either in the boudoir or in Viv's room. The windows were open, no?" - Lotesse

Lotesse, the Nazgul have enough problems without creating a scandal that might rival that of Turin and Nienor.

That seems logical... one should always be discreet, especially when making love. Of course, those ladies teas to which Aiwendis is always being invited might enjoy some juicy gossip.
HELLO!!!!! Did you SEE my last post here? I already said, MY BAD!!!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-30-2005, 05:20 PM   #42
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Because the boudoir is like 3 stories up, and outside the yard is full of cedar trees - and I guess I was just remembering how I had Lomi fly in the open window when Viv came by before - so, never mind. My bad. BTW Crazy Squirrel - I loved your post today!! I like how Khamul puts lust into her head, that was a nice touch.
Thanks, Lotesse, I am still woried if Khamul - TD likes his part in it, or not. About lust, I believe it is a good idea to have witnesses to her behaviour and some reason for it.

It is a pity we don't have a plan of Orrodel. I think there is only first floor, and maybe some storage rooms under the roof. Viv's room, if there are trees below the window, look onto the inner court for sure.
On the first floor there is a corridor and several rooms on both sides. The Master Bedroom is adjacent to Lilly's boudoir. Both must be on the same side of the house. But no one has yet agreed whether the windows of these rooms look onto the inner court or onto the street.
I remember right at the beginning of the RPG, Valandil posted that Lilly and Penny were in the boudoir and Lilly looked out of the window and saw Ray and Marty passing by. That means the windows of Lilly's two rooms look onto the street. Later TD posted that Khamul saw light in Lil's BOUDOIR from the street. Gor posted today that the ML saw light on the first floor.

There is also Rian's room looking onto the inner court, as she saw trees. But is it in the Main house or in the servant's wing, behind the main building? Must be in the latter.
What about THE EVIL CARTOGRAPHER? Could you do the plan of Orrodel, please?
Old 10-30-2005, 05:25 PM   #43
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
HELLO!!!!! Did you SEE my last post here? I already said, MY BAD!!!
Lotesse, both Udu's post you are quoting and your "MY bad" post were posted in exactly the SAME minute! You have cross-posted 'tis all!
Old 10-30-2005, 05:30 PM   #44
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
It is a pity we don't have a plan of Orrodel. I think there is only first floor, and maybe some storage rooms under the roof. Viv's room, if there are trees below the window, look onto the inner court for sure.
On the first floor there is a corridor and several rooms on both sides. The Master Bedroom is adjacent to Lilly's boudoir. Both must be on the same side of the house. But no one has yet agreed whether the windows of these rooms look onto the inner court or onto the street.
I was under the impression that there were at least two stories and wrote accordingly. If the maid were downstairs on the couch and the Nazgûl on the story above, will this require some changing of posts?

Whatever the layout of the place is fine with me; just so we all know what it is.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:35 PM   #45
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
I was under the impression that there were at least two stories and wrote accordingly. If the maid were downstairs on the couch and the Nazgûl on the story above, will this require some changing of posts?

Whatever the layout of the place is fine with me; just so we all know what it is.
I am afraid I don't remember if anyone mentioned two stories...Did you mention two? I myself had thought there was ground floor anf first floor, but perhaps it was just me... Do you remember Lotesse?
I remember another thing, when Viv went to Khamul's bedroom she only walked along the corridor, not by a stairs. Is that so?

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 10-30-2005 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:56 PM   #46
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
NO! I most definitely don't agree!
I have spent ages arguing with one Forkbeard in this thread here: Nazgul horses, that ALL THE NAZGUL HORSES WERE MEARAS.
There is plenty of evidence for that. I will not repeat it again here, as I admit since that argument, this question makes me unnecessary edgy.
I'll check out the link later, but whatever is in it may not apply for these points:
1. It was Sauron who engineered the whole thing with the black horses for his Nazgul to ride... and this was a new thing, 3000 years after the setting of THIS game - because it's pretty explicit in FOTR that being 'Black Riders' is a new identity for the Nazgul. So I don't think they would have had horses trained for them at this time - and even if Sauron had done so, nearly 50 years later, they'd all be gone now.
2. Those particular horses, even if they WERE Mearas - were painstakingly trained, probably from the earliest parts of their lives, to be OK hanging out with the Mearas. I agree that Shadowfax acted differently around the Nazgul than regular horses would have, and was not intimidated by them, but NO WAY would Shadowfax have allowed a Nazgul to ride him.
3. Any Mearas in Middle Earth were probably in the upper vales of Anduin - there's no way Ray would have had one to give to Viv (we are talking about the horse that Ray gave to Viv, right?).

That's good for starters. I'll gladly think of more if you still object - but you guys can't have EVERYTHING. Nazguls may be powerful creatures, but they come with their own particular disadvantages too. I think they will even have to concentrate on keeping regular animals from having a fit around them... if they get distracted by something else - or even sleep, or try to have some nookie - and there are animals around, the creatures will go NUTS!

It's just time you guys start acknowledging and working within those disadvantages.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-30-2005, 06:00 PM   #47
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Didn't mean to snappy-snap at you, Udu - feelin' a mite touchy aujourd'hui, especially since I just wrote a nice response on the other laptop and it CRASHED right before I could punch "send." Yep, one of THOSE friggin' days.

Orrodel House - oh, we are LONG overdue for a floor-plan for Orrodel. I have always wanted to google-up some mansion pics for us to see, and we could choose which one we like best and go with that plus after choosing how it looks, then design our OWN personalised floor-plan to best accomodate our story. From the getty-up, I've always seen Orrodel as having the VAST wine cellar, then first floor, then wide, sweeping stairwell to second floor where the bedrooms and private offices are, then a 3rd floor or an attic - maybe attic is better (we could have bats up there and ghosts and stuff! and old sets of armour, relics & whatever...) And Orrodel is a very LARGE mansion, not medium-sized or small. Huge. With huge yard and stables, and EVERYthing. Maybe even bigger than Val's place, heeheehee...

P.S. - Attention All Nazgul - Let's start PMing one another for a secret united front plan against the icky forces of eLVEN GOODNESS, SHALL WE? wE NEED A (SECRET) PLAN...

Old 10-30-2005, 06:03 PM   #48
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
I am afraid I don't remember if anyone mentioned two stories...Did you mention two? I myself had thought there was ground floor anf first floor, but perhaps it was just me... Do you remember Lotesse?
I remember another thing, when Viv went to Khamul's bedroom she only walked along the corridor, not by a stairs. Is that so?
Yeah, she walked down the corridor from her own boudoir, upon the second floor. I'm surprised I'm the only one who's seen Orrodel House as having floors, plural. It goes to show how badly we need a floor plan for us all to refer to. If only I could design one on the computer, I would. Gordis, help!!

And Valandil - Nope, sorry, I'm not giving way about Laslech. She is a Mearas, a special one at that, and enjoys Viv's company. Viv has not revealed her Nazgullian nature yet to Laslech, and long before she "goes there," she will slowly train and teach Laslech to abide the evil and bear any Nazgul without fear or apprehension. It CAN happen, and with Viv & Laslech, it WILL happen.

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-30-2005 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:08 PM   #49
Valandil

Quote:
And Valandil - Nope, sorry, I'm not giving way about Laslech. She is a Mearas, a special one at that, and enjoys Viv's company. Viv has not revealed her Nazgullian nature yet to Laslech, and long before she "goes there," she will slowly train and teach Laslech to abide the evil and bear any Nazgul without fear or apprehension. It CAN happen, and with Viv & Laslech, it WILL happen.
Only if King Valandil gets to call up his Troll Army and Pet Balrog!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 10-30-2005, 06:42 PM   #50
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Rian, Will you, please, continue Arastud's story?
Yes, I will - the only reason I haven't is out of concern for poor Lotesse - I already had to get in 2 posts a day to get my Rian/Tyaron/Alagos story up to speed, and I had a post for Arastud all composed but I felt guilty about posting THREE in one day, unless I could send Lotesse some money for her internet access time! I'll do that one first, then I'll do my song/poetry battle in the park. Sorry, this might turn out to be three posts today, but that's just how it will have to be today.

And I must say I agree with Val - you Nazgul can't remove ALL of your disadvantages (or you can if you insist, but then I'll make Rian able to fly and able to shoot flame out of the points of her elven ears! ) The lack of animal disturbance in their presence has bothered me, but I'm barely/maybe willing to grant that one, as long as you guys don't toss ALL of your canon characteristics.

As I said, this is my first rpg, and frankly I'm concerned and worried - what happens in rpg's when the real people involved play characters that are deadly enemies? I mean, I don't see how this could NOT end up with some major fights between the characters eventually. How does this work?

I like all of you guys too much to not consider this. Nothing in an rpg is worth a lost friendship.

ps - thanks for your guys' input on Rian/Orrodel. She's definitely leaving when she gets back this morning to Orrodel, and I'll write that as soon as I can. The only reason that I ever even considered her staying is that Lotesse had wanted Rian to stay, but it seems like we're all pretty much agreed now that it just won't work anymore.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 10-30-2005 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:48 PM   #51
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, Rian! This afternoon I'm at my boyfriend's office, so I can use the computer for a while, so please, by all means, post it all today and I can stay abreast!

As for the Mearas issue, like Gordis was saying, it can be argued that the Nazgul's horses were indeed trained, Sauron-bred Black Mearas - I can't remember off-hand which thread it was, a while back - this spring, I think? But it was argued beautifully, and I adhere to this point of view. And each animal has the right & ability to have a mind of his or her own, no? One horse may have the fortitude & ability, whilst another horse may not.

Old 10-30-2005, 06:56 PM   #52
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

OK, I'll try to catch all my characters up to the current time *cracks her knuckles, stretches fingers*

I can kind of grant the horse thing, like I said, but how about having animals in general at least shy away from you guys a bit? Maybe they'll be fine if you remember to do some type of spell, but if your defences are down and you forget, the animals start to get edgy? A point for general discussion

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-30-2005, 07:03 PM   #53
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I suppose you have a good point there, Rian. If I'm not careful, Viv'll turn into some kind of Snow White with bluebirds sitting on her shoulders and bunny-rabbits happily hopping alongside her, and stuff. I let too much of my own character get into my Viniglaen character sometimes, what with passionately loving animals and all.

Hey - here's a pic of maybe Orrodel's dining room? I'm trying to research some good Orrodel House pics for us to create mental imagery with...

http://hotelinformation.com/html/eng...rk/photo3b.JPG

here's a pic of an estate for sale in England...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/187000...1_house300.jpg

Old 10-30-2005, 07:06 PM   #54
Valandil

I was thinking more along the lines of 1313 Mockingbird Lane from The Munsters!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 10-30-2005, 07:06 PM   #55
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Didn't mean to snappy-snap at you, Udu - feelin' a mite touchy aujourd'hui, especially since I just wrote a nice response on the other laptop and it CRASHED right before I could punch "send." Yep, one of THOSE friggin' days.
I had not noticed before that you had snapped at me, but now that you brought it to my attention.....
Old 10-30-2005, 07:09 PM   #56
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
I was thinking more along the lines of 1313 Mockingbird Lane from The Munsters!
The Nazgul are not freaks and weirdos, Val!! You seem to keep wishing out loud that they would be grungy misfits, groveling one-dimensional monsters - sorry 2 disappoint, but Nazgul are, in fact, nothing of the sort.

One thread to look at about horses - Nazgul Horses, in the Middle Earth Forum. But that's not the main one I was thinking of; I'll keep tryna find it... Gordis remebers which thread it was! And it was an AWEsome discussion, too, I recall.

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-30-2005 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 07:12 PM   #57
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
I have gone through a number of quotes and cannot find any specific reference to the number of stories. There are stairs, though, going someplace, but where?

Lotesse’s Post #286 - “She went inside, hung up her riding cloak in the foyer, and immediately headed upstairs to check on Lilly and Five.”
“He bent in low to Lilly, and as they huddled together over their waxen enemy, muttering spells, Viv left them at it, and went downstairs to head for the cellar.”

Crazy Squirrel’s Post #296 - “Zimra blushed furiously, thrust a needle in Penny's sleeve and flew downstairs, indigned.”

Crazy Squirrel’s Post #322 - “Caring as ever, Penny volunteered to go to the kitchen and to bring the supper upstairs.”
“He elegantly draped the right side of the garment over his left shoulder, as if it were a cloak, and started on bare feet down the stairs. The staircase tilted and danced before his eyes.”

Udukhaturz’ Post #339 - “He saw a set of stairs leading to the upper level and began climbing them, holding his dagger in his hand. He found a hall with closed doors and no lights burning.”
Old 10-30-2005, 07:15 PM   #58
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Well, if people are going upstairs and downstairs, it's safe to assume that there will be at least 2 floors, in addition to the wine cellar basement. No one's had to mention an attic or anything yet, but for all we know Orrodel could have five floors and encompass a five square acre area! We REALLY need a floor plan to work with.

Old 10-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #59
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Here's another nice pic of what could be Orrodel's main dining area - I like this one much better. The vastness & ornateness of a Gothic-style huge mansion like Orrodel, though, reminds me of how badly the household NEEDS a capable Major Domo. Since Rian won't be able to continue as such, we really need to replace her with an equally as capable Major Domo, not just some dull-minded drudge of a servant kid.

http://studio-glorious.autors-interior.ru/gothic.jpg

Old 10-30-2005, 07:38 PM   #60
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by R*an
As I said, this is my first rpg, and frankly I'm concerned and worried - what happens in rpg's when the real people involved play characters that are deadly enemies? I mean, I don't see how this could NOT end up with some major fights between the characters eventually. How does this work?

I like all of you guys too much to not consider this. Nothing in an rpg is worth a lost friendship.
Rian, you have asked some very pertinent questions. To answer your first one from my point of view, and it is mine only. I speak for no one but myself. If my character is at war with another character, my character will retaliate, ie, kill, destroy, maim, etc., to the limits set by the gamemaster. That is why it is always good in games, rpgs, etc, to have beginning rules.

Now to your second point. I know this from experience in many years of RPG and wargaming. People MUST keep their real personalities and their characters SEPARATE. It is never good to base a character directly upon your personality, because you are going to hurt when your character gets hurt.

Many wargamers are about as rough as their RP characters. A lot of them do not care about friendships, unless it is someone on their team and they will stab him just as quickly as the next. The object there, though, is to win and that is it. No one is getting prizes here, however.

As I said before, beginning RULES are always good. That way everyone knows what is allowed and what is not.
Closed Thread