Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 10:28 PM   #981
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS
Remember that stable boy, that you have invented for Annawen (what was his name?-something FUNNY!)...
Who, Arastud?
No, don't knock him off, poor Annawen will be miserable! I actually had a scene written in my head for them, but I'm writing so much that I'm exhausting poor Lotesse (and making her pay megabucks to even read all our posts!), so I haven't written it!

GO ahead and kill off the maid, tho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS
If so, it gives you a golden opportunity to interact with the Orrodel group...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Rian? Is RPG-Rian up to coming to the aid of an obvious victim of Black Breath? I wonder how THAT would develop. Hmm.
That's the problem - I'm not sure how these things would work That's why I ended up writing this big plot line for Rian that doesn't involve the Orrodel group yet, because she doesn't stand a chance by herself.

RPG-ers all - I think we need to put our heads together and plan for a moment. What's the Nazgul general strategy? Because if they start killing off people, they'll be discovered. If Rian sees them get really nasty and kill people, then she would either run away (if they hadn't seen her) or confront them. And if she confronts them, what in the world would stop them from just killing her? And if she runs away, she'll go to King Val, and the gig is up!

And frankly, her even going back to Orrodel after what happened with Khamul is rather shaky, IMO - the only reason why I think Khamul would allow her to stay would be because she's got the household running well, but I haven't heard from TD about if that's ok with his character (poor TD has been gone).

At least now if Rian confronts the Orrodel group, she'll have the elf boys with her, and has a chance of at least escaping alive. But if things get so bad that she has to flee, of course she'll go straight to the King, and things will blow up ...

What's the general direction we're going to go here? I'm kinda confused at this point with how Rian is going to stay at Orrodel without figuring some things out, which she would take to the King.

I just don't see how the Orrodel group can attract any type of notice at this point so Rian can't confront them, unless they can cook up some plausible story or something.

It's a very reasonable thing at this point in time for Rian to leave Orrodel - she's going to attend 2 classes at the Uni, and she'll want to spend some time with the guys. Is that the most logical thing? Then the Orrodel crew can let their hair down a bit without fear of detection. Or if you guys want, I'll keep her there, because it is fairly plausible for her to stay, but there can't be major obvious evil-y things going on, tho, or she'll narc 'em to the King!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 10-28-2005 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:22 PM   #982
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
RPG-ers all - I think we need to put our heads together and plan for a moment. What's the Nazgul general strategy? Because if they start killing off people, they'll be discovered. If Rian sees them get really nasty and kill people, then she would either run away (if they hadn't seen her) or confront them. And if she confronts them, what in the world would stop them from just killing her? And if she runs away, she'll go to King Val, and the gig is up!
These are excellent points Rian brings up here, and I, too, have been wondering - Nazgul, what IS our general strategy? I suggest we start PMing one another, CS, TD, Udu, Gordis, Serenoli, Butterbeer w/ Beautiful Boomerang et alia about what we'd like to fashion as our organised stance against the Order of the Right and Good - remember, (and I must remind myself of this too from time to time,) we are EVIL with what should be a united front against the order of good & right in Middle Earth - world domination and all. SO - what's up? Are we going to in-fight and man-hunt or shall we unite, even if each one of us secretly craves The One Ring? Gotta go - stole my free 10 minutes on the hotel computer, must run, C ya all tomorrow!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-28-2005 at 11:24 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:35 PM   #983
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Quote:
CS, Udu, Serenoli, TD, should I send Tolvadok to Orrodel? Your opinion, please.
Gordis,, I think it would be best. After all, Aiwendis and the Chancellor are also going there, are they not? Its upto you, though, to decide whether he goes there alone, or whether, he accompanies A & C. Now, that the party is over, it is high-time, for the Nazgul, both in the RPG, and in real-time, to put there heads together. And maybe BB with his Boomerang should turn up, too!!

Rian and Lotesse, you have hit on the one thing I have been wondering about since I started. I think a discussion is in order as well.

And I appreciate the lovely feed-back from everyone!

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here

Last edited by Serenoli : 10-28-2005 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:13 AM   #984
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Perhaps Rian would want to move out of Orrodel as soon as she could, would she? If she arrived and saw that the occupants were still up and about, might she sneak (climb? uh-oh! ) up to her room to get her things, then depart with her brother and courtier.

Just a thought - to possibly keep Rian out of trouble and keep her from sounding the alarm, while allowing the Nazgul time to get their collective acts together.

*tries to psych himself up to post*

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-29-2005, 01:46 AM   #985
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

But what reason would Rian have to sneak up (climb? ) to her room and get her stuff? As far as she knows, everything is legit there, if a bit strange, and she would be honorable and fulfill her duties. If she left right away, it would have to be because of something terrible, like finding them doing something with the maid. Otherwise, she would give proper notice and find a replacement, if possible.

It seems to me that the Orrodel group just HAS to keep it quiet at this point, unless you guys can think of something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val
*tries to psych himself up to post*
Poor Val - are you too tired to post now? *pushes soothing tea through her internet connection to Val*
(did you see my comment in the writers' thread? )

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-29-2005, 01:50 AM   #986
Rían

*boots the Evil Tartan-Hat-Wearing Post Hiding Meanie in the derriere*

Old 10-29-2005, 01:56 AM   #987
Valandil

Quote:
...Poor Val - are you too tired to post now? *pushes soothing tea through her internet connection to Val*
(did you see my comment in the writers' thread? )
Yes - I saw it. Thank you - and glad you read it and glad you liked it.

(and thanks for the tea - I actually just got a mug of hot apple cider!)

Will try to work up a post now.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Old 10-29-2005, 02:08 AM   #988
Valandil

Quote:
But what reason would Rian have to sneak up (climb? ) to her room and get her stuff? As far as she knows, everything is legit there, if a bit strange, and she would be honorable and fulfill her duties. If she left right away, it would have to be because of something terrible, like finding them doing something with the maid. Otherwise, she would give proper notice and find a replacement, if possible.

It seems to me that the Orrodel group just HAS to keep it quiet at this point, unless you guys can think of something else...
Hmmm... maybe you SHOULD discover them - and then we can just run them all out of town and be done with the Nazgul in Tharbad!

Wonder what Gordis DOES have planned for me next...

Maybe I can work up a little surprise for her!

Say - am I the one who started the practice of bolding names of the person I was addressing in these discussion threads? Works pretty nicely, huh?

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 10-29-2005, 03:21 AM   #989
Valandil

OK - Post #387 has been filled in.

Willow / Marion - I hope it's OK that Oreturion KNOWS... it advances the story so well.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Old 10-29-2005, 05:31 AM   #990
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Hmmm... maybe you SHOULD discover them - and then we can just run them all out of town and be done with the Nazgul in Tharbad!

Wonder what Gordis DOES have planned for me next...

Maybe I can work up a little surprise for her!

Say - am I the one who started the practice of bolding names of the person I was addressing in these discussion threads? Works pretty nicely, huh?

Valandil ... nah don't think so, am pretty sure we did it it fellowship too? ... yeah, does work pretty well!

Rian & Lotesse: good points ...until the crazy gang work out the maid once and for all .. i'd go with heal her and sack her ... she could not know for sure ... methinks .... tis best not to go to orrodel til then ....

plus rpg Rian has just met two long lost and feared dead loved ones (or at least one "loved one? ) under the stars - though it is foggy of course ... so i feel it would be odd to go to orrodel this late anyway ...

also good on yer for kicking the tartan hat wearing beastie .... i think it's a beastie not a meanie ... maybe it's just hungry rather than mean? ...poor thing ...

Shah & Lotesse: can Nazgul have baths? maybe in cleopatra style? ass's milk or champagne?

covert plans eh? ... intriguged ...

well, guess i should go read the rpg, ain't had time too for a bit ...

best all, BB
Old 10-29-2005, 07:57 AM   #991
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

BB, I left an opening for Bumble in post #386.

Val, wondrous posts. I loved the conversation in the carriage.

Lotesse, If you want to come to Orrodel after the fight, the persons involved should be encouraged to post, not discouraged .
For my part, I had to make 2 big posts to send the Morgul Lord to Orrodel.

Sorry, I have to go now. Be back later.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:59 AM   #992
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Val, that's fine that he knows, but you may want to add in some sort of explaination for how he knows since there isn't any scene establishing that they've been introduced to eacthother. Obviously he would have heard her name earlier, but it's unclear how he would have known that she was from Eregion.

Edit: Actually, it is feasible that one or more of your characters might have seen her in Rivindell, you can use that if you like.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"

Last edited by Lady Marion Magdalena : 10-29-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 01:30 PM   #993
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Liked your post, Serenoli

The only thing that sounds strange to me is that Tolvadok THINKS of the Morgul Lord as "Ilmenzor". He may have learned of the new name and position the Captain assumed, he may call him that in public, but I believe, in hidden thoughts he would refer to him as the "Morgul Lord" or "the Captain". Also, Aiwendis was called "Gordis" throughout her time in Mordor, as Sauron disliked the name "Aiwendis" and changed it. So, following the Master, the faithful Tol is likely to continue calling her "Gordis".

As for Tolvadok and Aiwendis, I don't think she liked the man, not if he was so dedicated to Sauron. But I am not sure I understood his character right. Is he meant to become the second villian of the story? And another important question, is he a Numenorean or not? He referred to Isildur as "tark", so I believe he is not one himself?
Please, help me with these matters. Sure the info on Tol would be great, but I understand it takes time, so I will wait.

Anyway, feel free to ask me to change my next post, if Aiwendis reacts to him not in the way you wish.

Quote:
That's the problem - I'm not sure how these things would work That's why I ended up writing this big plot line for Rian that doesn't involve the Orrodel group yet, because she doesn't stand a chance by herself.

And frankly, her even going back to Orrodel after what happened with Khamul is rather shaky, IMO - the only reason why I think Khamul would allow her to stay would be because she's got the household running well, but I haven't heard from TD about if that's ok with his character (poor TD has been gone).

At least now if Rian confronts the Orrodel group, she'll have the elf boys with her, and has a chance of at least escaping alive. But if things get so bad that she has to flee, of course she'll go straight to the King, and things will blow up ...

What's the general direction we're going to go here? I'm kinda confused at this point with how Rian is going to stay at Orrodel without figuring some things out, which she would take to the King.

I just don't see how the Orrodel group can attract any type of notice at this point so Rian can't confront them, unless they can cook up some plausible story or something.

It's a very reasonable thing at this point in time for Rian to leave Orrodel - she's going to attend 2 classes at the Uni, and she'll want to spend some time with the guys. Is that the most logical thing? Then the Orrodel crew can let their hair down a bit without fear of detection. Or if you guys want, I'll keep her there, because it is fairly plausible for her to stay, but there can't be major obvious evil-y things going on, tho, or she'll narc 'em to the King!
I think it was very WISE to let Rian meet her lost friends and NOT go to Orrodel at once. She will be much safer out of the house this night. At least in the beginning of the night. At 10 PM Lilly and Penny burned the doll. At 10.30 Udu came. At about 11-11.30 Khamul appeared. And around midnight the Morgul Lord and Aiwendis went to Orrodel, bringing Tol with them. I believe the maid-disposal will be dealt with by 1 AM at the latest, and the company will sit drinking and talking, unless Udu, TD and CS have other ideas.

Please, note, the maid is now out of the way, in the living room. And soon she will be much further.

So for Rian it is rather safe to return home after 1AM, just time enough to talk with her brother and lover, fall from the tree and so on. Alternatively, she may spend all the night with her family (don't they live somewhere?) and in the morning come to Orrodel to take her things, find replacement and so on.

As for her returning to WORK in Orrodel, I doubt her brother will allow her to remain a hired servant... That is somehow incongruous. By now she dislikes her employers and will not want to stay. Khamul would not want her to stay either, and Lily hates elves, so she will try to find a human housekeeper anyway.

But I will much appreciate if you take ANOTHER character in Orrodel,
Rian, either Arastud, or Zimra, or a new housekeeper - human this time. Could you, please, do it??

Note to Orrodel group Either you dispose of the maid in your dirty ways NOW, or the Morgul Lord will take the matter in HIS hands....
Old 10-29-2005, 02:11 PM   #994
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quote:
At 10.30 Udu came. At about 11-11.30 Khamul appeared. And around midnight the Morgul Lord and Aiwendis went to Orrodel, bringing Tol with them.
Gordis, shouldn't it be nearly 1am by the time the Morgul Lord and Aiwendis leave for Orrodel? Mahtaliel left the reception when it was 'approaching midnight' by which I meant within ten minutes of. Surely at least 45 minutes has passed since then?
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 10-29-2005, 02:48 PM   #995
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yes, they can have baths! So long as it isnt natural running water! Look as CS's post about throwing her washbasin as Khamul. That and Lotesse has already posted about taking a bath earlier, before going out with Ray.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:52 PM   #996
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

OK, LMM, you must be right. So 1AM it is. That means the poor Orrodel group will have to fight for another hour. I thought they were almost done...

Well, then we will have some Lilly's torture. Eh, CS?

Udu, I have got a PM from TD, asking us to post for Khamul. I believe you and CS have got the same. Please, post more including TD-Khamul's actions. I have already made 2 big posts today, so I am afraid to cause Lotesse's displeasure.
And I am not joking, Lotesse, I perfectly understand your plight. It is really costly to read all these messages having to pay per hour.. On the other hand, I want to speed the matters in Orrodel to permit you to come there soon, if you choose to come AFTER the fight.
Old 10-29-2005, 02:58 PM   #997
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
Yes, they can have baths! So long as it isnt natural running water! Look as CS's post about throwing her washbasin as Khamul. That and Lotesse has already posted about taking a bath earlier, before going out with Ray.
Yes, Shah, I believe you are right. Even Khamul was not too much affected by Lilly's dirty shower, and he was canonically the most fearful of water of all the Nine. By the way, the Morgul Lord didn't fear water (but I doubt he went swimming for pleasure on a regular basis )

And Shah, what about Marty and Ray? I love reading your posts...
Old 10-29-2005, 03:11 PM   #998
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I am laying off posting for a while. I cut open my finger to the bone, just got stitches in yesterday, but I am writing the race scene, its just taking a little longer than planned. Sorry...
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:46 PM   #999
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

What a bad luck, Sane! I am so sorry for you.
Lotesse, I really DO HOPE you will install your computer soon!

Excellent posts today, All!

Yes I allow you to torture Lily a bit. You may be graphic, but no permanent damage, please.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:43 PM   #1000
Valandil

Just started Discussion Thread 3 - so I'm closing this one.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Closed Thread