Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 07:53 PM   #41
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

No NO NONONOONOOOOOO!!!!

*runs off screaming*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-04-2005, 08:04 PM   #42
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

"Udu, where is the stable where you keep your horse?"

Gordis,

I think the long, rectangular yellow structure at N. 10 makes a good candidate for the livery stable, close to the North Gate and the Horse Gate. Stables are usually long, sprawling structures and this closeness to the gates makes it convenient to both enter and exit the city.

That is a superb map, one of the best I have ever seen, and I have seen many, many wargaming maps. Thanks for getting it and thanks for adding all the details.

Earniel's post was very enjoyable and really set the mood for a place that Elves would seek.

Shah - I hate to hear that you are having trouble with your posts getting fouled up. That has happened to me in the past, and you have my sympathies. I usually write everything in a file, then save it, copy to the board and paste it in. That way if the board loses it, the computer crashes, the power goes out, etc. I still have it.

Nice posts everybody.
Old 10-04-2005, 08:18 PM   #43
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

As for the horses moods...Volricom does know my moods very very well! I couldnt think of a better horse to put in the rpg, because I know mine so well.

His name means "faithful bearer".
http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/7...entmoot2gk.jpg

And there he is, with me in nazgul mode....
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

Last edited by The last sane person : 10-04-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:18 PM   #44
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

That is a gorgeous horse, Shah. He has a very Arabian-looking head; is he an Arabian horse?

Will post in a bit, sorry 2 keep you waiting Shah - I still have to finish my freakin' laundry.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-04-2005, 09:42 PM   #45
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Yep, that he is. A peppy, freindly and loving horse....absolutely handsome!

Viv is quite the staller, and so are you! get moving lassy!
Old 10-04-2005, 11:56 PM   #46
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Well, I had to wrap it up with Viv with her family tonight, so now she and Ray are just leaving. Can you take us somewhere, Shah, because I am SO STUCK as to where to go from here for the evening of mischief; like what to do, where to have Viv & Ray go walking. I'm not even sure what dialogue to make for them. HELP!!

Old 10-05-2005, 12:24 AM   #47
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
As for the horses moods...Volricom does know my moods very very well! I couldnt think of a better horse to put in the rpg, because I know mine so well.

His name means "faithful bearer".
http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/7...entmoot2gk.jpg

And there he is, with me in nazgul mode....
He is GORGEOUS!!!! Is he a stallion? He has quite a neck!

Arabs are my favorite horse by far. I can't decide on my favorite coloring, though - I go between bay, grey and black. A good-looking bay like yours is hard to beat!!

My horse was a quarter-horse, but with a very Arab look to him. He had a lovely dish face, and a high-arching tail, but true Quarter-horse hindquarters. I remember some sad days when I owned him, and I would just sit in his stall, and he would nuzzle me gently. Then there were his wild days (usually windy days) when he would squeal and dance in place. I miss him so much, and hope to own a horse again someday.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-05-2005, 12:26 AM   #48
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Will post in a bit, sorry 2 keep you waiting Shah - I still have to finish my freakin' laundry.
Laundry? Did someone say laundry? (see my sig! )

Wonderful post, Lotesse - I'm finding myself liking a Nazgul!

Old 10-05-2005, 01:00 AM   #49
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

He is gorgeous, and yes he is a stallion. One hell of a neck! My Volricom, love him like no other! And I love quarter horses, wonderful, fun rides. Volricom is such a dancer though, hops and bounces around when we are on the verge of a race. That and the fact I got him for a hundred bucks...Rian, got a pick of your horse?

Lotesse, um, you're stuck? I am too, sort of....Pm time! Shoot me one and tell me about the joke we are gonna do on Udu, I am not so sure what we are gonna do with the frog.

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/2...olricom6av.jpg

Back in my nazgul days....

Last edited by The last sane person : 10-05-2005 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:40 AM   #50
Rían

my scanner's down When I get it working, I'll put one up - I have a great picture of him running with his tail flying in the breeze!

EARNIEL - any ideas for us elves?

Old 10-05-2005, 02:04 AM   #51
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Thanx, Rian! Shah - maybe tomorrow will be a better idea day. It seems like we're ALL stuck in the quagmire of idea-block tonight. I gotta go to bed now, anyway. See you tomorrow! Good night...

Old 10-05-2005, 04:50 AM   #52
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Earniel, I am so very glad you've decided to return!! I loved your description of Nin-In-Eilph, Earniel flicking Halindel with her towel , the elven impromptu songs (elves just can't help singing about everything, huh? ), the beavers, everything. I got a nice picture in my head of what Swanfleet is like.
I'm glad you liked it. In the end the only place where Nîn-In-Eilph is mentioned in Tolkien's works is in one little line in RoTK when the company passes by it. But somehow the image of those swan-infested swamps sparked off some very happy childhood memories of mine that I now absolutely love the Swanfleet.

The impromptu songs are a vital element to Elvishness. Although I'm not a good poet. Frankly I find Elves rather hard to write because they're quite complicated: both near and distant, often a little ambiguous in their words, being able to shift from serious to silly, perceiving more than humans would,... ect. That's why I have never before role-played an Elf in a serious RPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
UnlessUdu, or Earniel, or BB(as Prof of Commerce) or Marty or TD? would wish to describe how they wait in the entrance Hall.
I'll probably be one of the later guests since I have to return from the marches. If I want to keep it realistic I have to take some distance in account. But I think rpg-Eärniel should still be able to arrive on time. (Very fast Elven horsies!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
EARNIEL - any ideas for us elves?
Not really, have been thinking about the reception for the moment. Love the horse development, though. I wonder who it's from...

Gordis, I suppose there is no way I can bring a guest to the reception that isn't a student? Since you're playing both the Chancellor and Aiwendis, you'd be deciding on that. Otherwise I could pick up RÃ*an who seems to be on my way to the university anyway. That way RÃ*an can meet up with some other characters besides Eärniel and the Orrodel-group. If she wants to, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
Earniel's post was very enjoyable and really set the mood for a place that Elves would seek.
Thank you. Your posts have been a very pleasant read as well. I like the teasing of Khamul about the mind-reading. I'm very glad our resident nazguls could pursuade you to join this RPG.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:33 AM   #53
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Earniel - VERY glad to have you back... and yes, I really liked the songs etc. I think you do quite well at them - especially knowing English is your second (third, fourth, fifth??) language. I don't think I could do so well myself - even in English, my FIRST language!

Gordis - NICE map... thank you! Yes, the field should be outside the city, that's what I had imagined. I imagined a small bit of Tharbad on the east side of the river, but that's sort of the 'Gondor' side - and would be very small. This city is a border town for Arnor, but it's on one of their important rivers... to Gondor however, it's only a distant outpost. Maybe they just have a guard house on that side of the bridge and a few other buildings to make up a small village - maybe just a few other families.

Udu - I have not officially welcomed you (to Entmoot AND the game) - glad to have you! One 'hole' I see in your 'Dol Amroth' background story... somewhere (is it in UT or HoME), it says that Dol Amroth wouldn't be founded for another couple thousand years (I'm a continuity buff! ). Maybe 'Linhir' where the Gilrain and Serni converge and go into the Bay of Belfalas would be a nice substitute? It's just a bit west of Pelargir. And... some of your questions about the setting, the school, etc - I think I covered some of that ground in my first post.

Rian - somehow we have to get you interacting with other characters besides Nazgul! You've run into Earniel, but I don't recall if your character has really met Ray & Marty - and I'm pretty sure she hasn't met Valandil yet (partly due to my low activity lately). Maybe working at Orrodel wasn't the best thing - because it has kept you tied up there - and I didn't want Valandil to go there before the reception.

Shah - you mentioned where Ray and Marty are staying... I thought they were room-mates of Valandil. That was my concept anyway, but maybe I didn't communicate it clearly enough. You can do it whichever way you like though.

All - wow - we're coming to the reception already! I'll try to post it soon. I was hoping to make at least one post of my activities before it though. I really worked a lot into the one post with the Game (and I fear I may have prompted everyone else to make longer posts following that - sorry - I mostly did it to cover a lot of ground that I had not been able to post until that day). I hope to make at least one post tomorrow - but that may have to be pre-reception.

As I've said, I haven't really been able to read the thread thoroughly enough. I may have about read it all by now, but somewhat skipping around (and pretty sure I've still missed some things). Questions:

1. I know Lilly started to scream at the end of the Game. Was there a second Nazgul scream? From subsequent posts, I thought there was, but I didn't find it (I thought Lilly's was cut too short to draw as much notice as I started to see others take of a Nazgul scream).

2. Did Viv burglarize Val's place? This one is just a matter of being overwhelmed by all the text.

3. It has come up about my posts indicating school had already started (my original concept) versus the recent/current meetings with the Chancellor, which would indicate school is just about to begin. The second was an add by Gordis - and I think it's fine. We could explain it in either of two ways - (a) that Valandil was able to get a 'head start' - the school thinking it was reasonable since his duties of state were certain to interrupt him and create set-backs once the semester began - OR (b) for some reason (being away - or something) the Chancellor was unable to meet with students before the semester and had to do it a week into it. I still like the idea of a 'three-scroll paper' being due in Commerce the first week. But... maybe Valandil will manage to get a head-start on it and everyone else in class will get a 'Monday surprise' when the class begins.

4. Can we get a little, BRIEF summary on the various Nazgul here - and who likes who and who hates who, etc. It seems like we'd have a hard time bearing more players, but I almost feel like we need more non-Nazguls to even out the game... I'm just getting lost/buried with all the Nazgul stuff!!! (and I'm also complaining... certainly don't take what I've said the wrong way... )

Don't rush through the reception without me. It's OK though if Valandil arrives 'fashionably late' - though I still want to do that pre-reception post as well (ESPECIALLY if Viv swiped anything! And no... Valandil did not bring any of the chief heirlooms of his house to Tharbad!).

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-05-2005, 07:44 AM   #54
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Don't rush through the reception without me. It's OK though if Valandil arrives 'fashionably late' - though I still want to do that pre-reception post as well.
Ditto on that. I'd like to a pre-reception post myself (and maybe pick up RÃ*an for the reception if RÃ*an and Gordis okay it) I was planned on writing a post this morning but taking care of some threads in GM ate up most of my free time until tonight. I also have to take Jinx to the vet in 15 minutes and clean the house before my mother gets home tonight. Thank god I don't have to do a laundry as well!
Old 10-05-2005, 09:28 AM   #55
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

First of all I am quite happy to wait before starting the reception in earnest. I want you, Val to come and to introduce your entourage. I hope you will be suitably impressed by Aiwendis . Also thoughts and reactions of your followers are much appreciated.

Meanwhile, while we are waiing for the reception, Earniel may talk with Rian, Viv may have her adventure with Ray. Lilly may have a talk with Penny, Khamul may "chat" with Udu in the Entrance Hall- I loved their bickering! And the Prof of Commerce may be introduced to the two above.

So everyone has something to post and Gordis can have a little break, unless she wants to chat with the Morgul Lord while waiting for the king

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Gordis, I suppose there is no way I can bring a guest to the reception that isn't a student? Since you're playing both the Chancellor and Aiwendis, you'd be deciding on that. Otherwise I could pick up RÃ*an who seems to be on my way to the university anyway. That way RÃ*an can meet up with some other characters besides Eärniel and the Orrodel-group. If she wants to, of course.
Of course you can bring Rian. You are a VIP at the reception, so you may bring some entourage. Only PLEASE don't mention that she is a hired servant.
That would be scandalous. Anyway, both Gor and the Chancellor are too preoccupied to worry about an additional mouth to feed.

They are concentrated on fooling the King (as well as his CIA man and old war buddies of Ilmenzor), not to mention making Val drink Aiwendis's love potion!
Have I already complimented you on your post? Perhaps not. It was very good!
Valandil I am glad you liked my map. I shall add a village and maybe a small fort on the South bank. "Gondorean guard house"

Your questions:
1. Lilly screamed only once and it was cut short. Nobody but her fellow nazgul recognised the cry. Estelmo made a joke on it. Rian (being an Elf) felt evil in it, but as she never heard a nazgul shriek before (I hope she didn't!), she could not associate it with nazgul.
2. Sorry, Val, to tell that to you, but Vivvie did steal a couple of fine diamonds from your little bag. But she left no traces. Unless you count your stones every night, you will hardly miss them outright.

3. Nazgul inter-relations. As far as I understand, there are Numenorean nazgul (the Morgul Lord, Gordis-Aiwendis, Udu-Maethor and Viv) and there are Easterlings (Khamul, Penny and, partly, Lilly). Normally Numenoreans consider their Eastern colleagues as lowly barbarians.

Easterlings dislike Numenoreans as arrogant colonizers. Lilly is a half-breed, so she stands a bit alone, but I am afraid that being so concerned with blood purity and such, the numenoreans don't think she belongs, at least the three blue-blood ones, from the Line of Elros (ML, Gor & Udu).
Viv is of unknown origin - from somewhere in Andunie, 100% numenorean, but not a royal. So she is nicer to Lilly.
Khamul is steadily working his way to being hated by everyone (Perfect posts TD!)
Penny is a nice guy, a bit too addicted to wine and very much in love with Lilly.
Lilly... well Lilly is Lilly (Bravo CS!).

And yes, the men are looking down on the girls, as the girls were never meant to become nazgul. Vive stole her Ring, Lil and Gor got it as presents from their sweethearts.

I think that is all. Do you agree, fellow Nazgul?

I hope to post Gor's bio very soon.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:24 AM   #56
Rían

I'd like to get out of Orrodel more, too, because it seems to really limit me, but not sure what to do ... I'd like to go to the reception with Eärniel, but there will be people there who will know she's a hired servant, so maybe she'll just up and quit there when that fact is mentioned? Or maybe "servants" like she is (i.e., doesn't HAVE to be one, is one periodically by choice) are "OK" in these circles?

GTG - back later. Suggestions welcomed!

Old 10-05-2005, 11:47 AM   #57
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Yeah, I think that was right Gor. The only one that doesn't hate Khamûl is the Morgul Lord, whom he is in league with.
Shouldn't Ray be at the reception with Val. I haven't read the RPG yet so I apologise if he already is.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 10-05-2005, 12:01 PM   #58
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
I'd like to get out of Orrodel more, too, because it seems to really limit me, but not sure what to do ... I'd like to go to the reception with Eärniel, but there will be people there who will know she's a hired servant, so maybe she'll just up and quit there when that fact is mentioned? Or maybe "servants" like she is (i.e., doesn't HAVE to be one, is one periodically by choice) are "OK" in these circles?
I don't think servants are welcomed in these circles. But I can't think of nobody present at the reception who knows she is a servant. Except Marty (who will never mention it aloud) and Khamul.
Here, I think, TD has a perfect opportunity for MORE NASTINESS!
Say Khamul denounces Rian, and she has to up and quit there when that fact is mentioned?

Do you like my idea, TD and Rian?

Another suggestion: If somebody has nothing to post, please post something for Annawen and Penny. They are neglected...
Old 10-05-2005, 12:38 PM   #59
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Sounds alright to me. But Rian may not be okay as she'll need something else to do.
I just posted something for Penny, but apart from that I think he is just with lily for now.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 10-05-2005, 01:19 PM   #60
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Valandil - in answer to the question "Did Viv burglarise Val's place," I'll just ask you to please read my posts, and you shall find out. I think that's the best thing to do. If I needed to find out what happened with king Valandil, I would read the posts YOU had written. Do you dislike my writing, or something? I have a feeling you must, since not once have you ever had ANYthing to say about it, either for good or ill. Why do you ignore me, Valandil?

TD - Oh, Khamul Khamul Khamul! I like how you're developing us a real meanie-Nazgul; the rest of us (with exception of the stern, cold Chancellor) are not so mean; with Khamul he shows real true Nazgul - nastiness! Love it. One thing, though, a Nazgul can be made entirely formless and spiritless, can't they? WITHOUT the destruction of the One Ring? I need some clarification on this, from Gordis, too - Gordis, are you around today? Can Nazgul be "killed" so to speak, or lost almost irretrieveably, while the One Ring still exists? I thought yes. Hmmm.

Closed Thread