Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 05:20 AM   #1
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Discussion Thread number 2 Of Nazgûl-Kings-Friends-Rings Campaign

This being the second thread ... please therefore add 1,000 onto any post refs while we cross over ...eg #1001 ...

well, hello all, here's the new discussion thread ...
First discussion thread
Game thread
Information thread

boy i'll miss the old thread, i'm going call it ...thread "BOB" for no apparent reason...

well good bye thread Bob and welcome all to the discussion thread 2 ... unless you want to give it a name?

right, i guess i have a lot of reading and catching up to do ....

PS GreyWolf: man, don't leave!: maybe take some time out or just post a less demanding character where you can come and go at your own leisure.... how about Sir greyflood's top doc ....Lord Lascivious the Leach?

Or maybe you could join me, the shah, elmer et al on the watch ... that's pretty easy going, shah for example hasn't even penned a "sat down and had a donught" kinda post yet! that's how easy we are on the street ... besides Greywolf you'd enjoy it on the watch ....come and take it easy with Constable BB and the Guv...

Last edited by Earniel : 10-04-2005 at 06:06 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:57 AM   #2
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Earniel, please, could you consider returning here? You see, we are behaving well and we miss you greatly. Please!
Well, you've had a week to prove that and you did. So I will rejoin. But I do hope the game will not fall back to the situation prior to last week.

And should RÃ*an wish to include other Elven characters to interact with, let my return not stop that.

But I have to say that this game moves much faster than any other game I played in and you are usually on during my night. So it's fair to warn you that my posting will occasionally fall behind your speedy playing.

Links will be taken care of, BB. Although you could have done some of it yourself, lazy bugger. (BOB? Have you by any chance seen too much Titan AE? )

Last edited by Earniel : 10-04-2005 at 06:07 AM.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:25 AM   #3
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
This being the second thread ... please therefore add 1,000 onto any post refs while we cross over ...eg #1001 ...

well, hello all, here's the new discussion thread ...
First discussion thread
Game thread
Information thread

boy i'll miss the old thread, i'm going call it ...thread "BOB" for no apparent reason...

well good bye thread Bob and welcome all to the discussion thread 2 ... unless you want to give it a name?

right, i guess i have a lot of reading and catching up to do ....

PS GreyWolf: man, don't leave!: maybe take some time out or just post a less demanding character where you can come and go at your own leisure.... how about Sir greyflood's top doc ....Lord Lascivious the Leach?

Or maybe you could join me, the shah, elmer et al on the watch ... that's pretty easy going, shah for example hasn't even penned a "sat down and had a donught" kinda post yet! that's how easy we are on the street ... besides Greywolf you'd enjoy it on the watch ....come and take it easy with Constable BB and the Guv...
I'll take a time-out and then I'll be baeck.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:03 AM   #4
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Great news you two! Earniel and greywolf back in the rpg!

"bob" just sprang out my head : what's 'Titan AE?' ??

Earniel: you have been sadly missed. Let's hope Gor can continue behaving herself!

welcome back!

...jeez all i need ... extra posters making it harder to read my backlog!

still ain't read the half of it .... but it sure looks good, ... that Udu should be a writer or something

best all
BB
Old 10-04-2005, 11:26 AM   #5
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Thanks for the compliments at the end of "Bob" guys. I'll do required editing now.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 10-04-2005, 11:30 AM   #6
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Earniel, I am glad you are back.

I am also a bit concerned with the speed of this RPG. I am not keeping up very well.

I propose to slow down a bit and discuss important questions, posted by Udu:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
Here are some topics that need to be addressed and decided (others not so important):

1. When does school start and when does the term end?
2. Is there a break for Yule, Spring Festivals, etc.?
3. I am trying to visualize the Chancellor's reception. Of course, I always see a large, medieval type hall lit with torches, lanterns, chandeliers, and probably candles on tables. Need some of the girls to figure out decorations. I can see the hall but cannot get much further.
4. The layout of Tharbad itself.
a. Is the city to the north of the river as is shown in the Atlas of Middle-earth?
b. Is there a main avenue or boulevard along which taverns, shops, etc. might be located?
c. What is the name of this main thoroughfare?
d. What are the significant landmarks? Where is that swamp, for instance, in relation to the university? Are there woods, streams, other ponds about?

I do not see the need for any kind of maps, but just ideas on the general layout of the city. Perhaps once these things are decided, they could be put in the Formal Info Thread, to which all can refer.
I started with Tharbad layout, as I adore maps. Having searched in Image.google.com, I found several maps:

small
Swanfleet is where Earniel lives, as far as I understand.

http://www.icewebring.com/ICE_Produc...Tharabad.shtml

and finally a detailed Tharbad map- mid Third Age.. Too detailed, actuallyTharb Map ICE

I have used the last one and altered it to make place for the University and all our landmarks, that I could remember of.

SO HERE IS THE MAP of THARBAD FOR OUR GAME
RPG THARBAD

Let us assume that as early as TA 50 the city lies ENTIRELY on the NORTH Bank. I put the University in the middle, in the old fortress, Orrodel to the East, Forrodel to the north etc., reflecting the names of Numenor provinces as well as Arandel for the old fortress where USAT is.

I mapped Orrodel Mansion, King Val's house, Red Herring, Rotting Cod, etc.

Please check for mistakes and inconsistencies. I can easily add to it, or alter it in Photoshop.

Please, everyone have a look at the map.!

Last edited by Gordis : 10-05-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:39 AM   #7
Telcontar_Dunedain

I can't have a look at it. It's telling me that the photo can't be found.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 10-04-2005, 11:48 AM   #8
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Yes, TD, I was just fixing it. Now it works!!!
Old 10-04-2005, 11:55 AM   #9
Telcontar_Dunedain

Okay, thanks, that's a great help. Just one thing. Where would you say the pitch for rochdol was?

Old 10-04-2005, 11:57 AM   #10
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

OHH, I clean forgot about it!!! Where do you want it, TD?

Well I have very little time right now.

Please send me your suggestions for the placement of the rochdol field and other landmarks of interest.

Val, How big must the field be? Could it be OUTSIDE the City gates?

Lotesse, where is your museum?

Udu, where is the stable where you keep your horse?

Other things???

Edit: I added Rochdol Field in the East.

Last edited by Gordis : 10-04-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:12 PM   #11
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
"bob" just sprang out my head : what's 'Titan AE?' ??
Titan AE is an animated sci-fi movie of (I think) Dreamworks. It ends with a boy and a girl standing on a planet they 'created' and the boy decides to call the new planet 'Bob' after which the girl naturally protests that you can't name a planet that. The final image is the planet seen from space with a caption: 'Planet Bob'. Your naming of the old thread just reminded me of that movie.

Quote:
Earniel: you have been sadly missed. Let's hope Gor can continue behaving herself!
I'm hoping ALL of us will continue to behave themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
I am also a bit concerned with the speed of this RPG. I am not keeping up very well.

I propose to slow down a bit and discuss important questions,[...]
Personally I follow the self-imposed 'One post a day per RPG' rule to make sure every other player can keep up. But it's up to everyone themselves to decide how to keep the speed of the game playable.

Swanfleet is indeed where the Reed-Elves live since it's just the non-Elvish name for Nîn-In-Eilph. That map of Tharbad you adapted looks really useful.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:32 PM   #12
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Hah! I must say, thats kinda funny, that the dsicussion thread by far outstripped the game itself. It was becoming its own mini soap.... YAY! Earnie is back!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:23 PM   #13
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Earniel, I am so very glad you've decided to return!! I loved your description of Nin-In-Eilph, Earniel flicking Halindel with her towel , the elven impromptu songs (elves just can't help singing about everything, huh? ), the beavers, everything. I got a nice picture in my head of what Swanfleet is like.

I like the one-post-per-day idea, not because I won't be tempted to exceed that sometimes out of creative excitement, but because all these excellent long posts are starting to squeeze some people out, I fear. I don't want to lose any more RPGers, you know? Poor Grey Wolf I think got overwhelmed by the sheer volume of the last few days. GW, I can't wait 'til you are able to post again!!

Butterbeer- are you gonna give us something soon? I always see you pop up in the discussion threads, but rarely see you in the actual RPG. We miss you there; what's going on with your cop, and old reporter, and Beautiful Boomerang et al?

Gordis
-I like the Tharbad map, but a lot of those little buildings have to be eliminated to put our OWN shops & buildings, huh?We have more than a few, by now! The Royal Arnor Museum of Contemporary Art is situated on top of a slight hill, surrounded by the city's park - a nice, big park, and from the Museum one has a view of the layout of much of Tharbad. You see where it says Orrodel, and then at the bottom you see Val's House at Hyarrodel? I suppose the RAMCA grounds and hill could encompass that entire area.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-04-2005, 03:24 PM   #14
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Nahha! Wootness, I love this rpg! Cs, should Marty come over the next day and see you all sick? Or...would you be healed by then, I am not so sure.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:29 PM   #15
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Gordis -I like the Tharbad map, but a lot of those little buildings have to be eliminated to put our OWN shops & buildings, huh?We have more than a few, by now! The Royal Arnor Museum of Contemporary Art is situated on top of a slight hill, surrounded by the city's park - a nice, big park, and from the Museum one has a view of the layout of much of Tharbad. You see where it says Orrodel, and then at the bottom you see Val's House at Hyarrodel? I suppose the RAMCA grounds and hill could encompass that entire area.
Here is your museum (check the new map)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...is/Tharbad.jpg

I made the park as big, as I could. There must be some place left for people to live

It is on the hill called Amon Amrun- Hill of Sunrise, as it is in the East of the city.
Eastern part (upriver) is residential.
The docs are West- downriver and that is the dirtier part.
The highest hills are Amon Amrun and Amon Aran (Arandel), where the old fortress stood, that now houses USAT.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:29 PM   #16
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I'd think by the next morning, Lilly would have rejuvenated and be back to her normal, chipper self. Tonight's what we need to finish, though. WHEN oh when is this reception gonna happen?!? Can somebody start it, or something?

Gordis - Ah,yes, PERfect! Thanx!

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-04-2005 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:31 PM   #17
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Just making sure, but you do realize thats gonna make Ray mighty suspicious.... Indeed, there isnt much you or i can do untilt he reception is started and cs takes up on lilly.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:32 PM   #18
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

It's O.K. if Ray is suspicious - it adds more intrigue to the story! For real!

Old 10-04-2005, 03:35 PM   #19
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Goody goody! I really am glad that you invited me to this game...At first I was about to quite the moot because there was nothing goin on, no rpgs, no nothing for me...Yep, this saved my moot account for sure.

*dratted 90 seconds*
Old 10-04-2005, 03:38 PM   #20
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I know, huh! This RPG is doing wonders for my daily happiness, too.
Maybe Gordis can start the reception - Gordis, you up to it?

Closed Thread