Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 06:24 PM   #81
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

of course!

real shame about lottesse though: rpg light-weight!

... what you can't handle two rpg's????

ah c'mon you silly goose (love that phrase)

BB
Old 09-03-2005, 06:26 PM   #82
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Yeah, c'mon. I'm doing four now.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 09-03-2005, 06:29 PM   #83
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

absolutely, i have lost count ... though one character just got killed... which helps a bit.

and another's in a COMA .... right TD?

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-04-2005 at 06:01 AM.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:21 PM   #84
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
You know, after CS's post I am awefully tempted to pester the poor High King some more and let the Mysterious Elf from Nîn In Eilph take a closer look at this University that sits outside her reed fields. So, may I have permission to join in?
You would be MORE than welcome!

I'll give you a subtle opportunity with my next post...

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 09-04-2005, 05:59 AM   #85
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

heh, maybe Lief might want to join too?

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-05-2005 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-04-2005, 07:54 AM   #86
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
You would be MORE than welcome!

I'll give you a subtle opportunity with my next post...
No need, you have given me plenty to go on in your first post.
Old 09-04-2005, 08:15 AM   #87
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

excellent Eärniel ...

I shall, when i have time, outline briefly the previously un-heard of and quiet existence of the Kingdom of Butterflies in the West... (it DOES happen y'know) and their concerns for their habitats ... i suspect that they agree with the Elves of Nin-in eliph and their husbandry (??) of the enviroment ....

Also some of their little known structures and current leadership .. their alliances with other flora and fauna: how by a shocking chance of naer' before seen RPG co-incidence beautiful Boomerang is fluent in Swan speech!

Also the relations between alive and the rather rarer Undead varieties of butterflies in general ... nothings' black and white with Butterflies ... as you know many are very colourful! They are not really concened with dead / undead / alive issues, nor conventional good or bad ... we are just butterflies ... or were until now. even the smallest most unheard of creatures can find within themselves the courage and ability to shake the foundations and thoughts of the Wise (or bite the ankles of them anyway ... through the insect alliance ...)

Valandil ... does Valandil have any large scale road-building, settlement making, fortress buidling ideas for the future .. that may happen to be planned over the secret and ancient spiritual Butterfly Burial ground by any chance?

Perhaps Boomerang through his undead connections may be the one calling the undead up t'north???

Edit: that's a very tempting ankle valandil ....

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-04-2005 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:04 AM   #88
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

What???
Val has escaped Lily's hook? SHAME! That has never happened to Lily in the last millennium.
Don't think I will desist, though.

I take it you have twisted your ankle especially for the Elf to rescue you? How primitive...

But, perhaps, you could be rescued by someone unexpected...

Where are all the others? Will we sit idle and watch Val develop a crush on an accursed Elf?
Where is our Captain?
Old 09-04-2005, 11:18 AM   #89
Earniel

Well, I'm not stopping you from 'rescueing' Valandil (although I'll reckon he'll want rescueing after you help him as well ) but realise you'll have to have a good reason to be in Nîn In Eilph. Remember the Reed-Elves 'Arrow in the bum' tactics.

Accursed Elf? Accursed Elf? Watch it, you undead-flouzy.

When will the other nazgul make an appearance in the game?

I've been trying to come up with a little more plot to play this game but all I can come up with sounds very Harry Potterish. I suppose that's a side-effect of having a school and fantasy involved...
Old 09-04-2005, 11:18 AM   #90
CrazySquirrel

What if Val gets rescued by either Wikkie and Gor? or by GW and/or TD?

I think, TD and GW, our two Easterlings, should try to pass for half-Numenoreans. I can propose you both to become LILLY's "brothers", children of a "Man from Gondor" and a Rhunear-area wife. Lilly has too exotic colouring as well... Of course, all this story will be fake, just a story to tell in Tharbad.

What do you think, TD and GW?
Old 09-04-2005, 11:32 AM   #91
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Well, I'm not stopping you from 'rescueing' Valandil (although I'll reckon he'll want rescueing after you help him as well
Not at all. Lilly knows already that Val has no ring on his person.She feels it. Now she wants to become a close friend, or more to learn where the Ring is kept. There is a strong possibility of it being either in Annuminas or Rivendell.

Quote:
) but realise you'll have to have a good reason to be in Nîn In Eilph. Remember the Reed-Elves 'Arrow in the bum' tactics.
We, Nazgul, are no cowards! WE can't be killed with arrows, and that is 100% canon.

Quote:
Accursed Elf? Accursed Elf? Watch it, you undead-flouzy.
Leave Men alone, she-Elf! Men are for women, be they living or undead, not for she-fiends of the swamp.

Quote:
When will the other nazgul make an appearance in the game?
A very good question.

I am glad you are with us, Earniel.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:00 PM   #92
Earniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Now she wants to become a close friend, or more [...]
I'm guessing that'll be exactly why he'll need rescuing from you afterwards.Although HE probably won't mind, but I don't know what his advisors will think!
Quote:
We, Nazgul, are no cowards! WE can't be killed with arrows, and that is 100% canon.
No, it won't kill you but it can still hurt an aweful lot.

And your master just had his butt kicked majorly by the Alliance of Elves and Men so it might not be a wise move to reveal yourself as nazgul and go wandering around in Elven swamps. Above that my Nîn In Eilph is NOT, I repeat, NOT a park for the University students to go galavanting about.

Quote:
Not at all. Lilly knows already that Val has no ring on his person.She feels it. Now she wants to become a close friend, or more to learn where the Ring is kept. There is a strong possibility of it being either in Annuminas or Rivendell.
We might be able to make a plot with this. If you nazgul have come to Tharbad to find out whether Valandil knows where the Ring is, I know a High King that's going to be in a very thight plot.

Quote:
Leave Men alone, she-Elf! Men are for women, be they living or undead, not for she-fiends of the swamp.
She-fiend? I'll have you know that the women of the Eldar do not throw themselves at Men like some undead mortal ones do. Besides, Eärniel hasn't even met Valandil yet. So no, Lilly has no competition to fear from Eärniel... yet.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:48 PM   #93
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
I'll have you know that the women of the Eldar do not throw themselves at Men...
Don't they? I think yes. Luthien had a crush on Beren, Arwen on Aragorn and that obscure Nimrodel's handmaiden (what was her name?) married the Lord of Dol Amroth. I skip the fact how 2 elf-maids (Nellas & Finduilas)reacted to Turin's charms.

On the other hand, NO mortal woman, either living or undead, has ever had a crush on a he-elf. And for a good reason. What woman would want to have sex once in a millennium?
Old 09-04-2005, 01:12 PM   #94
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Quote:
On the other hand, NO mortal woman, either living or undead, has ever had a crush on a he-elf. And for a good reason. What woman would want to have sex once in a millennium?
LOL!!

Hey, BB, I LOVE the butterfly thing!

Yeah, you guys, I won't bow out entirely. I'll show up a little later on; I've got to cook up some ideas first anyway. Viniglaen's always sneaking around, up to no good...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-04-2005, 01:23 PM   #95
Earniel

Tsssk. Beren had to pursue Lúthien for half a season and catch her in the end before she wanted to have anything to do with him and Arwen at first thought Aragorn far too young. (He was what, 20? she was 2000 and then some ) Hardly 'throwing' themselves at them. And both Aragorn and Beren had to do some pretty hard stuff before getting hold of their beloveds. Elven maids are not 'easy', let me tell you that! You also forgot Tuor but he was numbered among the Elves later so I suppose he doesn't count. Can't speak for Mithrellas (who married into Dol Amroth), though. Nellas simply watched over Túrin until he was grown, again hardly 'throwing'. Finduilas just had very, very poor taste.

As for mortal women falling on Elves, yes, there was one. Andreth, I believe but she is only mentioned in HoME. And I don't believe it was a happy ending. (All in all, to be honest, it's one of Tolkien themes I personally like less. Mortal women aren't good enough for pretty Elf-males? Tsssssk. Unfair treatment I say.)

Anyway, give my Sea-Elf some slack, she hasn't even met Valandil, the Valar only know, maybe she doesn't even like him or maybe she's has 'keeping the 'Elven race pure' principles.

And that's the last I'm going to say about it before we get side-tracked too much.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:51 AM   #96
CrazySquirrel

Oh, yes, sure, I have forgotten to mention Idril, who rejected a beautiful Elf Maeglin for Tuor.

As for not throwing themselves at men... Dancing persistently in front of their very noses, like mad butterflies, doesn't count for that?

But I think, the answer to that all is that Elf-males, being beautiful and cultured, are not really desirable for women, too cold and effeminate to be sexy... The breed is purely ornamental. So when an Elf-maid beholds a Man's "rugged manliness" she loses her head as a rule.

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 09-05-2005 at 07:06 AM.
Old 09-05-2005, 04:54 AM   #97
CrazySquirrel

Hey, GW and TD!!! Please, answer my questions!

Witch-King, have you left this thread for good?

Gor, where are you?

Lotesse, I hope you do join us soon.

We are heavily outnumbered at the moment by the forces of Light, both in cheer numbers and in literary talent! You don't really want to leave ME alone to compete with Val and Earniel???
Old 09-05-2005, 07:05 AM   #98
CrazySquirrel

Grey Wolf, I am sorry to have used your Five without waiting for permission! My Muse has visited me, so I couldn't wait.

I simply remembered you said you liked readheads...But if you dislike your part in Lilly's life, I can easily edit my post and insert someone else, instead of Five.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:47 AM   #99
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Hey, GW and TD!!! Please, answer my questions!

Witch-King, have you left this thread for good?

Gor, where are you?

Lotesse, I hope you do join us soon.

We are heavily outnumbered at the moment by the forces of Light, both in cheer numbers and in literary talent! You don't really want to leave ME alone to compete with Val and Earniel???

fear not, when the uk moon rises, our numbers will swell ...
Old 09-05-2005, 03:13 PM   #100
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I'm here, just unsure of what is/going to happen and what to post.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Closed Thread