Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 06:08 AM   #41
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

I dont think E-mailing is a good idea. That is what this thread is for.

By now
Numbers 5,6,7,9 are occupied. I dont know about BB.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:16 AM   #42
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I'd like to be a student; I think it's high time Viniglaen got a complete education anyway, instead of spending her entire un-life sneaking around being a catburglar. She needs a change of pace and some new options.

YEA, I want to be a student alsso! And Gor: what about her

BTW, Gordie, You must realise that your name is not suitable for Arnor! You must choose something nice and elvish.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:27 AM   #43
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
YEA, I want to be a student alsso! And Gor: what about her

BTW, Gordie, You must realise that your name is not suitable for Arnor! You must choose something nice and elvish.
What about me? I believe I am pretty well educated, but, for our glorious cause, I might consider going to Tharbad Uni as well.

And , sure, CS, you are right about Gor.

My name (Gordis) was given by Sau instead of my original one. I think that was the case ot Gothmog (hardly any mother would call her baby after a barlog? ) and maybe Khamul (I believe it means just "Shadow of the east" "Kha" -like in "Khand".

So now in Arnor I shall call myself by my old name again.

And it was
AIWENDIS

(I am rather partial to these "-dis" endings)

So call me "Wendie" or "Wen"

Gor
Old 09-01-2005, 06:35 AM   #44
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

[B] ALL OOC:[/B]
please put any comments that are not part of the rpg

with OOC: before them ...

you all know WHY!

aaaah, am i being slowly infected by the MOD side?????

Witch King do you then want to forget re-opening the original thread? Are you happy now with this one?

it'd be easier all round ... provided this one gets a fair deal.

i.e. a completely fresh start- no hidden knives out for it before it's even really got going ... some good old fashioned communicative moderating, like in the good ol' days ...

and an appreciation there will be the odd rpg discuusion that might appear as chat -AS THERE IS IN EVERY RPG - but that at core it will be kept on track ...

Please NOTE:
i am not trying to put down provisos in any way (i don't think that would be helpful - and frankly i am very close now to being all out of my ability or desire to keep going out of my way to be polite and helpful and respectful and getting ... nothing in return but accusations of being unhelpful etc) ... so no provisos etc ... just stating what most see as fair rules as applied to the vast majority of threads ...

BTW: Earniel i tried to Pm you twice, 2 long detailed but very nice pm's : they screwed up each time: 1st time was almost definetly my fault: the second? Don't know: got very dispirited at that point ...

it's up to you Witch King.

Gor: NO! I will NOT play Tar-C or Angmarian Al' etc: really i think the new King should be given a chance ...

I am but a humble Butterfly (of the undead sort)
Old 09-01-2005, 06:44 AM   #45
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
I am but a humble Butterfly (of the undead sort)
Tell us, O Humble Undead BB-utterfly, who and what is your character then?

And I repeat my proposal to make this thread the RPG discussion thread and to let Val open a new main one where he could post his excellent opening.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:53 AM   #46
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

OOC: at the risk of sounding like a funky gibbon ... OOC OOC!

My character has already been established earlier as Beautiful Boomerang the undead butterfly ... no more till we know if this rpg has wings ...

well for sure, if Val wants to start a new rpg and we have this as the discussion .... fine.

Till' then act like the funky gibbons: OOC OOC!

best
BB

EDIT anyway to avoid any more messes: decide with Earniel and Valandil and Mr M what the plan is and let's stick to it .... esp you DOC!

so witch king: this agree with you?
GW: that ok? this will be discussion, so no new threads, already

best
BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-01-2005 at 06:58 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:04 AM   #47
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Now I am confused. I understood that after Val has posted his brilliant intro that was supposed to be a serious RPG.
If it is just an OOC chat or whatever general silliness, I am afraid I am out of it.

I believe we have to wait till Val replies.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:12 AM   #48
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I'm not very inventive, so I'll just take the position I have in the other Nazgûl RPG unless you have an objections.

Khamûl - 3rd.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230

Last edited by Telcontar_Dunedain : 09-01-2005 at 07:24 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:13 AM   #49
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
OOC: at the risk of sounding like a funky gibbon ... OOC OOC!

My character has already been established earlier as Beautiful Boomerang the undead butterfly ... no more till we know if this rpg has wings ...

well for sure, if Val wants to start a new rpg and we have this as the discussion .... fine.

Till' then act like the funky gibbons: OOC OOC!

best
BB

EDIT anyway to avoid any more messes: decide with Earniel and Valandil and Mr M what the plan is and let's stick to it .... esp you DOC!

so witch king: this agree with you?
GW: that ok? this will be discussion, so no new threads, already

best
BB
On my word of honour. Absolutely no new threads. And I agree - TNaC-CAN II is for discussion.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:23 AM   #50
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
Now I am confused. I understood that after Val has posted his brilliant intro that was supposed to be a serious RPG.
If it is just an OOC chat or whatever general silliness, I am afraid I am out of it.

Now you have confused me, GOR

Currently my understanding was this thread IS going to be an RPG, (and IS currently) ... it started without clear remit as i have been told: and until we have a disussion thread is currently ONLY TECHNICALLy an RPG thread...(BUT ONE WITHOUT A DISCUSSION ... so it is ok to disuss it in here too ... but to be clear only with an OOC before any non rpg post) ..... it is under threat ... it is therefore important to stop it being closed .... currently therefore please all add any percieved chat or thread discussion or any non in-character post with an OOC!

The threat is real... the knives ar out for us. So please add an OOC until we have Val's new rpg .. if that is what you are saying???

as i understand it this thread remains as discussion thread (ONCE and only then) we have the new rpg started by Val ( if i take your meaning right?)

So this will be a serious rpg: an d ilook forward top rpg'ing with you ... but currently this thread is all thing to all people ... and we have to be careful.

Best
BB
Old 09-01-2005, 07:31 AM   #51
The Witch-King of Angmar
Elven Warrior

Quote:

By now
I would like emails just as confirmation, and a form of communication outside of the forum. If anyone thinks this forum doesn't belong here, id like to know where, seeing as for some reason we we're kicked out of General Chat, which is basically what this is...

I'm an Xbox Guy!
Xbox Guys
Old 09-01-2005, 07:31 AM   #52
CrazySquirrel

Well as I see it, IF it IS an RPG then ALL should post here their info. Valandil did,
TD - Khamul(2),
GW - Penglogog ?(5),
CS - Lilaenwen (6)
Gordis - Aiwendis (7),
Lotesse - Viniglaen (9) .

But what about others??
Witch-King???
Number 3 ?
Number 4?
Number 8?

They SHOULD post here, if they want to participate.
Private messages or E-mails won't do!!!

What Say YE All?
Old 09-01-2005, 07:32 AM   #53
Telcontar_Dunedain

CS, apparntly BB is number two, so Khamûl is being dropped to number 3.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 09-01-2005, 07:32 AM   #54
The Witch-King of Angmar
Elven Warrior

Nazgul

Quote:

By now
I would like emails just as confirmation, and a form of communication outside of the forum. Us Nazgûl have a right to privacy...

If anyone thinks this thread doesn't belong here, id like to know where, seeing as for some reason we we're kicked out of General Chat, which is basically what this is...

And if it isn't clear, I will be taking the position as Witch-King...

So thats,
WK - Witch-King(1),
BB - "Dont remember name" (2)
TD - Khamul(3),
GW - Penglogog ?(5),
CS - Lilaenwen (6)
Gordis - Aiwendis (7),
Lotesse - Viniglaen (9) .

If you insist on not emailing Crazy Squirril, then i wont make you... i just wanted a way for all nazgul to communicate without the rest of the forum seeing...

Sorry about the double post before, my computer isn't running very fast...

I'm an Xbox Guy!
Xbox Guys

Last edited by The Witch-King of Angmar : 09-01-2005 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:10 AM   #55
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis

Had to postpone that. Intended to do so last night, but got caught up in a storm of another nature that wasted WAYYY too much time.

Will try again tonight.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 09-01-2005, 10:17 AM   #56
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Witch-King of Angmar
I would like emails just as confirmation, and a form of communication outside of the forum. Us Nazgûl have a right to privacy...
If you insist on not emailing Crazy Squirril, then i wont make you... i just wanted a way for all nazgul to communicate without the rest of the forum seeing...
Ok, Fine, WK, we can use Private messages for privacy. But I hate to use my E-mail outside of business. I never give it to anyone on the Web.
Feel free to PM me, and I will do likewise.

But I believe you don't need our confirmations anymore.

And my pers. opinion: making Khamul anything but no 2 is a serious breach of Tolkien Canon

Cheers, Captain,
Lily the Crazy Squirrel
Old 09-01-2005, 01:16 PM   #57
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Quote:
Ok, Fine, WK, we can use Private messages for privacy. But I hate to use my E-mail outside of business. I never give it to anyone on the Web.
Feel free to PM me, and I will do likewise.

But I believe you don't need our confirmations anymore.

And my pers. opinion: making Khamul anything but no 2 is a serious breach of Tolkien Canon
And I echo everything CS just said here. PM is made for this sort of thing.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-01-2005, 02:12 PM   #58
Telcontar_Dunedain

Quote:
I agree. I'm going to PM BB and ask if I could possibly make Khamûl number two, I'm sure he'll be fine about it.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:09 PM   #59
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

OOC:

*imagines a horde of orang-u-tangs jumping around in an alternate universe making no sounds whatsover for some strange reason ... so many unsaid OOCs must be having an effect somewhere ... *

Heh! I'm an undead butterfly ... beautiful boomerang

as i said to TD: i am a free flying thingy .... i am not a number!

i never asked to be number 2 anyway ... though thanks WKOA for the thought

BUT WKOA .... this is NOT a chat thing!!!!! o.k. got it? It may have been ... although i never saw it as such ... or we will be quite rightly closed down.

anyway they are kindly going to re-open the calling all Nazgul as the rpg i believe: so we need to you to make a decision here! cheers

by the way ... i agree i cannot really do the email thing .. Pm is fine: is that o.k. with you? perhaps you should check your PM settings so that you get Pm's as they are sent (if you are online that is )

best BB
Old 09-01-2005, 03:38 PM   #60
Telcontar_Dunedain

Well I'm up for a RPG, but first we need a plot!

Closed Thread